94eg!

Trf 2wd...

All TRF cars are limited edition.

I hope that for this Trf it isn't :)

IMHO, basically 2wd buggies don't need too many radical evolutions, as 4wd, to be competitive.

I hope that for this Trf it isn't :)

IMHO, basically 2wd buggies don't need too many radical evolutions, as 4wd, to be competitive.

Isn't everything limited to a certain point? :) You should look at it like this; there are a few things Tamiya looks at with their cars, and in this case their TRF's:

- Demand (If demand of the car drops below a certain point, they will have a look at replacing the car for a new evo or in some cases discontinuing that line of cars altogether)

- Performance (Whether it still keeps up or even stands out in comparison with the industry's standard)

- Room for Improvement (The point where replacing the current version/evolution can be justified and is logical)

These 3 points are connected with each other. When there is (too?) much room for improvement, the performance in comparison with other cars will decrease, and the demand for that car (being a TRF) will drop. That's the point where Tamiya will replace it, and sometimes Tamiya doesn't wait to the point where the other 2 points are affected by the room for improvement. So the 'Limited' tag is very relative, the size of it's production run will be formed by these 3 points.

Isn't everything limited to a certain point? ;) You should look at it like this; there are a few things Tamiya looks at with their cars, and in this case their TRF's:

- Demand (If demand of the car drops below a certain point, they will have a look at replacing the car for a new evo or in some cases discontinuing that line of cars altogether)

- Performance (Whether it still keeps up or even stands out in comparison with the industry's standard)

- Room for Improvement (The point where replacing the current version/evolution can be justified and is logical)

These 3 points are connected with each other. When there is (too?) much room for improvement, the performance in comparison with other cars will decrease, and the demand for that car (being a TRF) will drop. That's the point where Tamiya will replace it, and sometimes Tamiya doesn't wait to the point where the other 2 points are affected by the room for improvement. So the 'Limited' tag is very relative, the size of it's production run will be formed by these 3 points.

I agree with you but I mean to say that normally a 2wd racing buggy got a longer life than a 4wd :-) and I hope that this new 2wd bugy will be on the market for a long time (I hate the things that become old quickly :-p)

sorry for bad english

The DB01R is not a race bred machine hence no TRF designation. This 2WD buggy is a TRF racing machine. TRF cars are always more expensive. The TRF501X which the DB01R is based on is much more expensive than this 2WD buggy. Anyway this TRF 2WD machine looks pretty nice but personally I wouldn't buy one since it's designed and priced for racers not bashers. I already have a Sand Viper + 3Racing hop-ups for bashing.

The TB Evolution IV MS does not have the TRF designation, same can be said for the DB01R for the most part. They are race bred..

I predicted $295 for the street price, looks like I win!

When I said race bred I meant the fact TRF factory drivers don't race them. In top level racing nobody races DB01Rs if they want to win...TRF drivers raced the 501X not DB01s. Sure you'll see some racers at your local club with them but that doesn't mean it's a TRF racing machine.

When I said race bred I meant the fact TRF factory drivers don't race them. In top level racing nobody races DB01Rs if they want to win...TRF drivers raced the 501X not DB01s. Sure you'll see some racers at your local club with them but that doesn't mean it's a TRF racing machine.

Don't they race the 511 already? :D I see what you mean though, but is race bred defined by if the TRF drivers race it or not?

The DB01 itself was already intended as a track-like basher and club level racer. For those who are interested in driving in the high end of club level and potentially higher (and everyone of those who wanted to switch from the cheapish CVA dampers to TRFs and from driveshafts to universals by the way), the DB01R is the perfect choice.

Another example (already mentioned) is the TB Evo series. These are very race aimed machines, especially the last ones show themselves good examples I think. They may be intended for slower motors as the shaft drive is a little more direct and hectic on the throttle (from what I've heard), but you can't deny that it's made to be on the edge of what's possible on the track. To me it even seems strange that these don't carry the TRF title, as they are I believe meant for a higher class of driving than any other "MS" or "R" spec vehicle.

Anyway, to get back on topic... Here is the post on TamiyaUSA (although probably everyone has seen it already ;))

Evo 4 doesnt have a trf designation, but it's 100% trf. Some 415 fanboys might scoff at evo series for not being "trf' but the 41X series is designed with tech racing. LOL. Evo iv was tested and raced in major races by Marc R, Surikarn, David Jun and more. That was 2004, so you just dont hear about it anymore. Looking back now, the tb series evolved very rapidly. Evo 3 4 and 5 all happened within a few years. As battery tech got better, shaft cars fell off the Mod class, and the 41X series took off.

The TB Evolution IV MS does not have the TRF designation, same can be said for the DB01R for the most part. They are race bred..

Evo 4 doesnt have a trf designation, but it's 100% trf. Some 415 fanboys might scoff at evo series for not being "trf' but the 41X series is designed with tech racing. LOL. Evo iv was tested and raced in major races by Marc R, Surikarn, David Jun and more. That was 2004, so you just dont hear about it anymore. Looking back now, the tb series evolved very rapidly. Evo 3 4 and 5 all happened within a few years. As battery tech got better, shaft cars fell off the Mod class, and the 41X series took off.

Well said, that was my point. The TB EVO IV won the Reedy Race upon release.

I understand your point, TRF factory drivers will race 511's, 416's and the TRF201.

Factory drivers will race in whatever class they are paid to race in, with whatever chassis is the fastest and most tunable that the manufacture has to offer...

Factory drivers will race in whatever class they are paid to race in, with whatever chassis is the fastest and most tunable that the manufacture has to offer...

TRF Lunchbox, anyone? B)

Anyway, a chassis picture, also seen on Tamiyablog.com btw, but this one is without the watermark :P

top700.jpg

TRF Lunchbox, anyone? B)

Anyway, a chassis picture, also seen on Tamiyablog.com btw, but this one is without the watermark :P

top700.jpg

You can watch lots of detailed pics on oople. On a recent event they built and raced the TRF201. Just watch the pics of the Nationals, Talywain. Don´t know if i am allowd to post these pics here but i don´t think so...

You can watch lots of detailed pics on oople. On a recent event they built and raced the TRF201. Just watch the pics of the Nationals, Talywain. Don´t know if i am allowd to post these pics here but i don´t think so...

I'm now asking myself how I could've been so stupid not to check Oople :lol::blink: It makes me want the car more and more - time to sell some cars, as I just already made a huge purchase of Dyna Storm and Dyna Lightning parts a few days ago.

PS: Is lee Martin by far the best driver out there to win both 4WD and 2WD classes overall, or are the Tamiya's (so including the TRF201) that competitive? (Or a combination of both?)

I'm now asking myself how I could've been so stupid not to check Oople :lol::blink: It makes me want the car more and more - time to sell some cars, as I just already made a huge purchase of Dyna Storm and Dyna Lightning parts a few days ago.

PS: Is lee Martin by far the best driver out there to win both 4WD and 2WD classes overall, or are the Tamiya's (so including the TRF201) that competitive? (Or a combination of both?)

I´d say it´s a combination of both. Seems that Lee wins any race he attends. I know what you mean, have to save monbey myself to buy at least 2 TRF201, bodies, wings, spares.... will be expensive once again but worth every cent: that´s for sure.

I just want to know one thing - when are they going to bring out their short course truck based on this chassis ????????

Now that would get me excited!

James.

I just want to know one thing - when are they going to bring out their short course truck based on this chassis ????????

No that would get me excited!

James.

I am not completely sure if Tamiya is joining on that one... Could be, or they could leave it alone and make a regular Stadium Truck version from it... :( However, in typical Tamiya fashion, they wouldn't make such a car straight from a TRF, so they'd make a cheaper version with plastics that are not reinforced with carbon first :)

From what I've seen in years past, Tamiya top chassis' are used by TRF team drivers at the BIG events buddy. But your correct about some other manufacturers. The Yokomo Bmax (like DB01) 4WD is used in some BIG races along with their top dog BX model.

Found this today at Speedtech R/C, link below:

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebproduct...=52&id=9524

Comes with body wing and wheels.. Not sure if they ship overseas.

They do ship overseas apparently :( Just click on buy and you can see it in your shopping cart.

Anyway, I am still a bit thinking about the pre-ordering... Is it really quicker? Am I not paying much more than I am on ebay 2 weeks after it's release? :) And this store says it does come with wheels, wing and body - will all cars be or not?

Nice new icon, Origineelreclamebord :D:)

Thanks :( I wanted an avatar for some time now, and yesterday I was browsing through some pictures I made of my Dyna Storm with the Nimrod wheels, and right at that moment I knew this was the perfect picture!

Up next a signature with a TRF201, a Dyna Lightning and/or a Dyna Storm next to each other? ;)

PS: it seems that since I bought my first Dyna Storm, my collection is slowly but surely turning to offroad cars instead of onroad, and more and more of them are 2WD :P

Its been released and they are hitting the tracks :)

...After 18 years of waiting, finally! :) Luckily I haven't been waiting that long, as the Dyna Storm is about the same age as me - I had no Tamiya Catalogue at that time :P

Anyway, I've really enjoyed the build of it, I finished the body and wing today with my new Dremel kit. I was amazed by the size of the gearbox and how smooth the diff is! :o The 18 years of advancement in (RC) engineering really shows (comparing with the Dyna Storm here)! It also seemed that the metal main shaft gear wasn't aluminum for once (but I'm not 100% sure).

So has anyone tried it outside the track yet? I don't have a track near me, but I'd still like to drive one... So I'd like to know how it performs as a daily (non-track) runner, like I heard the RC10B4 is pretty good at... :)

PS: Pictures of my TRF201 will be in the showroom soon :D