Torhaantje

Blazer Leaf Spring Replacement

Hi all,

I am currently working on my Blazing blazer project. I would like it to be a runner. The standard leafsprings,we all know, are very stiff. So I am wondering if there are any alternatives that won't raise the ride height too much and provide a soft ride. Important too me is that the truck suspension must be looking scale.

I was looking at the 1/14 truck leafsprings, but have no idea what the size of those is and if they would fit.

Any input is much appreciated!

Cherio from Holland,

Rick

Rick,

I know that RC4WD does make some soft leave springs for scale projects. Check it out on their website:

RC4WD

Hi all,

I am currently working on my Blazing blazer project. I would like it to be a runner. The standard leafsprings,we all know, ar very stiff. So I am wondering if there are any alternatives that won't raise the ride height too much and provide a soft ride. Important too me is that the truck suspension must be looking scale.

I was looking at the 1/14 truck leafsprings, but have no idea what the size of those is and if they would fit.

Cherio from Holland,

Rick

Hi,

I use the new hilux leaf springs these are available as three different (leaf) springs which YOU put together to define the strength. I have one spring at the front and two at the rear and to me the overall performance is much more scale. I also lower the rear using a zip tie to pull the spring flatter... I will post pics tomorrow.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for the input so far! I have looked at the RC4WD springs and the new Hilux ones and they look far more flexable. I also have the idea that they raise the rideheight: will the blazer drive train still fit, or should you use longer drive shafts ( eg: mountaineer ones)?

I hope that there is an option with more flex, without raising the truck and thus preserve the scale looks: looking at the pics, 1/14 truck leafsprings look very scale, but as I mentioned: I have no idea if they will fit.

Rick

Hi all,

I am currently working on my Blazing blazer project. I would like it to be a runner. The standard leafsprings,we all know, ar very stiff. So I am wondering if there are any alternatives that won't raise the ride height too much and provide a soft ride. Important too me is that the truck suspension must be looking scale.

Cherio from Holland,

Rick

I used the highlift ones and worked terrific

Hi,

I use the new hilux leaf springs these are available as three different (leaf) springs which YOU put together to define the strength. I have one spring at the front and two at the rear and to me the overall performance is much more scale. I also lower the rear using a zip tie to pull the spring flatter... I will post pics tomorrow.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Hedge,

could you please post the pictures? :)

Hi Hedge,

could you please post the pictures? :)

Your wish is my command...

Front has 2 springs:

front_2spring.jpg

Front prop shaft not to steep an angle - not too much greater ride height.

front_prop.jpg

Rear has three springs

rear_3springs.jpg

At the back I use tie wraps to lower the ride height

rear_tiewrap.jpg

Rear Prop Shaft is at a low angle roughly the same ride height as standard springs

rear_prop.jpg

Much more articulation in the suspension using these springs plus of course you can add or remove leafs to gove you the desired ride you want.

Cheers

Paul

Many thanks Paul for posting the photo's!

I am just wondering if the rear propshaft is long enough?

I think I will go for the highlift ones. Still I have one question:

Does ayone know the length of the 1/14 truck leafsprings?

cherio,

Rick

im glad to see this post aswell.. i was going to put on a post about vintage 3 speed leaf's...

ive got a hilux,blazer and f350.

i was thinking of swopping the leafs from the f350 to the hilux and buying some delrins for th f350.. or delrin the lot all 3 of them..