stamatis

Vibration Unit

Hi all,

So what is going wrong with the vibration unit? I placed an MFU in my Scania, including the vibration unit. But the vibrations are so strong that I only hear plastics screaming from vibration instead of the MFU sounds.

Is there a way not to vibrate so much as all cabin parts seem they will fall apart.

Tried the small counterweight, put some rubber o rings between and the chassis, but no positive result at all.

Should I just unplug it and forget about it???

Have you tried adjusting the vibration trimmer on the mfu? If you look on page 6 of the instructions on the bottom left of the page it shows the vibration unit trimmer labelled as VR2 (it's next to the J14 connector) trying turning that with a small screwdriver and see if that helps. If not have you used the correct sized counterweight iirc it should be the small counterweight.

Hope that helps

Adjusting the vibration speed to just the right amount at idle and turning the volume to the right level on the MFU control usually gets it all in order.

Very tiny pieces of thin double sided tape in hidden positions can take care of moveable parts rubbing together to isolate their unwanted sounds.

Well, the trim is adjusted to the minimum point.

At idle everything is fine, but then when just touching the throttle makes the whole truck shake and plastics to make these noises. All the cabin, windscreen, front grill and especially roof spoiler...

I use the small counterweight.

The double sided tape seems a good idea but I do not want to put tapes everywhere inside the cabin :-(

Now I am thinking of using something else instead of the stock counterweights or cut a part to make them lighter...

Temporarily no use of the vibration unit (unplugged)....

Where abouts do you have it mounted? Out of all my rigs I only run the motor in about 2 of them! as sometimes it can be a bit to much!!! The idea of making the weight smaller is a good one, as should reduce the amount of rumble with good effect!!

Ant

It is mounted as in the manual described...

Everything is according to manual...

Well I do not think that Tamiya made something that would operate like that... No way!

By the way the MFU esc when in 1st and 2nd gear seems to provide less current than in 3rd... Is that correct? And even less in reverce....

Thanks guys...! :(

I had a similar problem with my R620 with unwanted rattles and such like, I found that I had bent the cab mounting plate that screws on to the chassis front, also it is easy to bend the mounting plate if you run into kerbs and other things at speed, so I tweeked it a bit and the rattles went away, I also put some padding on the cabs securing plate at the back to stop the rattle there

Ok, I will give it a try and see...

So far it tried smaller counterweights, totally removed them and replaced with just a rotating M3 screw and any other trick I could think of but with no result... ;)

insulated the vibration unit, used double sided tape etc... Nothing changes.

This whole thing becomes annoying...

Well, the solution was such a simple finally...

Placed a hard foam tape stripe under the plastic counterweight box of the vibration unit between it and the chassis plus some o-rings under the mounting plate.

So now everything is more than fine and normal...

Any issues so far after the above changes @stamatis

I have also moved the vibration settings to the min on the MFC. Have a foam tape 2mm thick under the weight box.

Do o-rings go between the main chassis and the big mounting plate on which the vibration unit is installed?