mcovalsk

Red Monster Beetle Question

I have a red monster beetle body set, original from Tamiya and I realized that only has written Monster Beetle, and not the kit number. I saw some white bodies has that number print inside. My question is, which it was the firts MB body Tamiya issued, red or white.

Thanks!

white is the first

red came later

Are you shure?

I heard the other way around.

Red (limited) and white (common) as the most kit are fitted with white body.

The white are cheaper than red plastic as you need to dye it red...

My 2 kronor

Badboy

Are you shure?

I heard the other way around.

Red (limited) and white (common) as the most kit are fitted with white body.

The white are cheaper than red plastic as you need to dye it red...

My 2 kronor

Badboy

I can't argue as I asked about this, but my feeling was that the red was harder. Here we got the first Tamiya Monster Beetle batch in 1996 and all them were red, but who knows!.

Anyway thanks for the info

Im almost postive the red were the early model as they cam with the black endbell 540 and black speed control as i had two nib white body kits that had the white endbell motor and the later tan colored speed control. And if you look at the nib kits on here the reds are said to be the early model.

My original MB that I bought in 1987 had a white shell, which it still has (albeit painted). Not sure if that helps clarify things at all, as I'm not sure when the MB originally came out?

I always thought the White was original and red came later, also when i was selling my monster beetle abodysets a few years back (I think i had 17 of them maybe) the red ones sold for less than the white ones so thats why i figured the white were more valuable/earlier ones?, or maybe the white ones sold for more as peeps were using them for scorchers maybe?. WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS here?.

Cheers

The red only seems first to some people, as in certain 'later' markets it was first (back then there was a long time sometimes between release dates in different markets), but white had already been in production for those 'earlier' markets prior to the red bodies being sold at all in 'later' markets.

White Monster Beetle bodies have always been more popular for restorers of Sand Scorchers, until now that it, as the colour lends itself better to the painting.

I have had precisely as many red as white body sets and kits through my fingers, my feeling is neither is particularly 'rare'.

Paul.

The red only seems first to some people, as in certain 'later' markets it was first (back then there was a long time sometimes between release dates in different markets), but white had already been in production for those 'earlier' markets prior to the red bodies being sold at all in 'later' markets.

White Monster Beetle bodies have always been more popular for restorers of Sand Scorchers, until now that it, as the colour lends itself better to the painting.

I have had precisely as many red as white body sets and kits through my fingers, my feeling is neither is particularly 'rare'.

Paul.

Something amazing Paul, today I received your BLACK Blitzer Beetle body and says " Monster Beetle 58060". I have other black one used and just says Monster Beetle. I have a White Monster Beetle painted, took a look, and says Monster Beetle only, as well as the red one also I have, no 58060. Would it be possible that they have been cast from different moulds?

I will upload pictures as soon as I have time.

There usually isn't just one mould for these items anyway, they have a lifespan like anything else.

Often workable moulds are updated with additional information, it is quite easy to do, like adding new copyright dates etc.

Paul.