Sign in to follow this  
gt4driver

Any Ideas

I have now ballraced & fitted an ESC to my TL-01 but have occasionally noticed the steering when just sitting "self pulsing" (moving side to side by itself) sometimes worse if transmitter switched off :) ,anyone have any ideas

Sounds like interference. Whether from an outside source or from the high voltage wires between the battery and ESC or ESC and motor. Keep the antenna wire as far from these as possible and do not coil up the antenna wire. NEVER cut a reciever antenna wire.

Car on and transmitter off can lead to a run-away model (shoot off across the room into a wall and broken). Radio Control is not the only devices using AM/FM frequencies. It is good practice to always turn transmitter on first, then car second.

Well if the transmitter is off, it's reacting to stray signals from elsewhere. Are you on 27Mhz? It's prone to the most interference...

Check:

- Receiver wire is the correct length

- Receiver wire is not coiled up

- Receiver wire doesn't run past the ESC, motor, etc.

Ninja'd

if its doing it all the time, try replacing the servo, sometimes the servo gets messed up and can chatter like that.

Take it thats the steering motor/servo that controls it (sorry still learning ;) )

Well if the transmitter is off, it's reacting to stray signals from elsewhere. Are you on 27Mhz? It's prone to the most interference...

Check:

- Receiver wire is the correct length

- Receiver wire is not coiled up

- Receiver wire doesn't run past the ESC, motor, etc.

Ninja'd

Yes I have it running past ESC,will move things around so can avoid it!