loaded

Tony's Tamiya Parts And A Disaster For All Of Us Involved In Vintage Tamiya

off topic for a sec, paul you need to uncork your pm's, the beetle shell had an accident in the post! :unsure:

Bad news indeed. I too have bought from Tony several times recently, and he is everything you could want from an eBay seller. Like everyone else, I hope he gets things sorted as soon as possible, and when he does I suggest we all support him by purchasing a few more parts!

Paul

This is a terrible shame.

Tony's supplied many parts for my m38 rebuilds, invaluable bits and bobs I needed to get Willy back on the road, I mean shelf!

I had to return a part once, and he was excellent to deal with, no problems, no messing, refunded the money straight away and said send the part back as soon as you can. A real pleasure to deal with and I've always been back to his store many times since.

I'm sorry to hear of the fire and hope he manages to get everything back up and running without too much of an impact to his valuable business that we all benefit from.

I think he's had a bad run of luck lately due to other circumstances within the family as well, so I wish him all the best.

I've only recently become active in RC after many decades out but I have used Tony's store to source a few pieces for my old and new Hotshots and this is indeed a sad piece of news, but most importantly is that Tony and family are safe and well. Goods can be re-acquired in due course and I for one will be revisiting his store once he's back up and running.

Best of luck to Tony for speedy recovery of his business.

Regards

Azkuma

I have made many many deals with Antony from the ebay shop Tonys Tamiya parts but in the last few months i didn´t needed anything from him. Now as i checked his store i saw that it is down due to a big fire!!! I didn´t find anything by searching on the forum. Does anybody know how that could happen or if anybody was injured? Nay news about what was destroyed or when he will be online again? Maybe Antony himself has any news for us?

Thanks B) i didn´t find this thread by searching, don´t know why... Now has anybody (maybe loaded or Antony himself) any news for us? I would love to see Tony´s Tamiya Parts come back as soon as possible. No one has a better service!

Are there any news? Does anyone know when Antony will be back trading?

Although I have never dealt with Tony's Tamiya Parts I do know what its like to lose things you cherish to fire. I hope the rebuilding and restocking goes well and that Tony can come back to a bigger and better business for Tamiya enthusiasts.

I too am another consumer at the end of Tony's ebay listings. It is always hard to hear of these things, but we can all trust that insurance and time will sort it out in the end, as long as only goods were lost and not something more readily irreplaceable, like a pet or a family member. Thanks Antony for keeping us repaired and will keep my eyes out on eBay for your valiant return.

I've dealt with him on numerous occasion on ebay and he always goes above and beyond to help you out.

Any more news?

Hi Guys,

Sorry it's been a while replying in this thread, but my works computers were all destroyed. I have been able to save the hard drives, with all my data and extensive spares lists. I have to thank Tariq for all his help with sorting out my computer problems. I can not recommend him highly enough if you need encounter any PC problems.

I would also like to thank all those TC'ers who have sent me messages and replied to this thread, it's nice to hear I've been missed.

The fire started in my Uncle's Cycle Shop below my business premises and quickly spread upstairs and into my main offices. The fire was caused by a faulty electricity meter that had only been replaced two weeks prior. I'm lucky to have been fully insured, for loss of stock and business interruption. I have lost about 25-30% of my stock, mainly plastic parts and screw bags from the first 100 cars. Unfortunately the smoke spread through out my business premises, so the vast majority of the rest of the stock has had to be repackaged. I aim to re-open on Monday 24th May. To start with I will not be able to honour my same day dispatch if ordered before 5pm (UK time), I will try and send all orders the same day if they are paid for by 12pm. I have to use new home PC to generate the orders, travel to my new business premises to pack and dispatch them, as I have no broadband at my new offices.

Antony

Tony's Tamiya Parts

That is wonderful Tony, I with you a quick return to business, you certainly have a lot of loyal customers.

Send me a mail, I might be able to help you get stocked up with some parts as well.

P.

Welcome back Tony !!.

So glad to hear you are nearly back in business, you have been sadly missed during your absence.

Good to have you back Tony.Very best wishes squire ;)

Great stuff. Finding Tamiya parts on ebay is seriously lacking without your presence.

All the best for a full recovery.

Great to hear. keep your chin up! ;)

Don't bother about repacking, smoke tinted packing is 'patina'. People will pay more :D:)

Best wishes!

I have to thank Tariq for all his help with sorting out my computer problems. I can not recommend him highly enough if you need / encounter any PC problems.

Antony

Tony's Tamiya Parts

Antony

Anytime for a true gentleman like yourself, I am glad I could help out ;)

I look forward to seeing you back in action as I am sure many others do too.

Tariq

That´s good news, Antony! I am looking forward to doing business with you again as you are a true gent to deal with!!!

Great news - glad to hear you didn't lose everything in the fire too! :)