loaded

Tony's Tamiya Parts And A Disaster For All Of Us Involved In Vintage Tamiya

Tony's Tamiya Parts, the shop famous to anyone who has ever bought a Tamiya part old or new, a legend in parts listings and unrivalled in Tamiya knowledge had a severe fire a couple of days ago resulting in the loss of thousands of parts particularly from the cars from 1-100.

I am sure we would all like to support Tony and his invaluable source of both parts and knowledge, but for a few days, whilst he deals with the aftermath, could everyone please be a little patient and easygoing with the emails and the requests for information on the shipment of parts for orders already placed and for new orders.

It is going to take Tony a fair amount of time to go through everything that has been lost, generally he is planning to refund all orders containing orders for parts he is certain have been destroyed and he has asked me to thank everyone in advance for their patience and custom. I can personally vouch for Tony as the most honourable guy I know in the vintage parts business and he won't hold onto the money for any orders he can't fulfill and will make sure all customers are informed as soon as possible and goods sent out as soon as reasonably possible.

Things will be back to normal in time, with some listings becoming available next week, but it will take a while for everything to be like it was and of course he can never recover the parts that have been totally lost, but if I know Tony, he will have great stock levels sooner than we might think.

Tony has asked me to post this message and to thank you all for your business and be patient while he gets things back and running, which he promises to do as soon as possible. I am sure he would love to hear your comments and condolences, but whilst he hasn't specifically requested no one email him, he has told me he has limited time and access to email and I think it would be better to post any thoughts, comments etc here on this thread, I am sure he will appreciate it and read it. I will give him a link to this thread shortly.

All the best to all,

Paul.

Terrible news ... :lol: ... Something that we never want to hear for anyone involved in this business as we all know how valuable each part is, not just the value or cost of it, but the added value of getting your kit up and running with a grin from ear to ear ... priceless

Hope it all goes well for you ... Tony

OMG! I assume no one was injured? Glad to not hear otherwise!

Antony is the man when it comes to vintage Tamiya stock and I'm also relieved to know that this isn't the end of his invaluable service.

As they say, these things can happen to anyone -- I've actually gone and secured insurance for such situations, god forbid that I should ever need it. :lol:

-Steve

That is terrible news, and I wish Tony all the best in getting everything sorted out. He really is second to none when it comes to getting hold of and supplying Tamiya bits and pieces. Always lightning fast, reasonably priced and just an all round superb fella!

Very sorry to hear this. I have bought from Tony many, many times, and have always had impeccable service and response - unlike another well known seller of vintage items, who is extraordinarily arrogant and unresponsive. We can ill afford to lose friendly large scale sellers like Tony, let alone his great stock of parts. Let's hope the whole operation can recover to the same levels.

It's amazing to think, over the years, just how many stories I have heard of vintage RC collections, stock and items being destroyed by fire. From whole hobby shops, to storage sheds full of vintage items. Very sad stuff indeed.

H.

That's terrible to hear :lol: I've always found him a very nice and helpful seller, and always willing to help you on information about certain items (instructions, parts numbers, dimensions etc), fast communication... Really a very nice seller! I hope he can get things sorted for himself soon... Is there any information on the cause of the fire (If he even wishes to share that information, anyway).

i'm really sorry to hear this, and I hope he is well and the damage is minimal. I have bought many parts from him in the past, and can only agree that he is a 100% honest guy.

This is sad news indeed. Seldom can I resist buying something when I look in his shop and he's always the first place I check when I need a part. Great guy to deal with and parts arrive to the other side of the world before the Hong Kong sellers can even get them here. Antony is a top bloke!

I pray no one was hurt in the accident (it was an accident?), and hope Antony can get set up with stock again quickly without too much strain or damage to his hip pocket.

:o:lol::);)

This year is supposed to be better dammitt!!!

Very sorry to hear.

Best wishes for the best recovery possible.

Wow, that's terrible news. I've ordered from Tony many times myself, prices are always fair and service excellent.

Hope nobody was hurt...

- James

Wow, that's terrible news. I've ordered from Tony many times myself, prices are always fair and service excellent.

Hope nobody was hurt...

- James

:lol:

Goodness that's awful news! :lol: I hope everyone's alright?

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Antony and I hope you get the best possible outcome from this situation!

It's been an absolute pleasure dealing with you in the past, I wish you a speedy recovery and hope we can keep trading again in the near future.

Thank you and Kind Regards

Neil/expomkiwi

Very sad news & would explain an unanswered email(Was going to remind him today. Glad I didn't now) from Tony. Thought it was odd as he's always right on the ball with excellent service. I wish you a speedy recovery Tony from what would be a devastating blow.

Why is it always the nice guys that get screwed over by bad luck ? :(

No one hurt I hope ?

I hope you get everything sorted quickly & easily Tony. :)

Tony and his family are all fine as the fire broke aut at his place of work during late evening but as you can appreciate he has a lot of work to do to get things up and running as soon as possible.

Tariq

Very sorry to hear this. I have bought from Tony many, many times, and have always had impeccable service and response - unlike another well known seller of vintage items, who is extraordinarily arrogant and unresponsive. We can ill afford to lose friendly large scale sellers like Tony, let alone his great stock of parts. Let's hope the whole operation can recover to the same levels.

It's amazing to think, over the years, just how many stories I have heard of vintage RC collections, stock and items being destroyed by fire. From whole hobby shops, to storage sheds full of vintage items. Very sad stuff indeed.

H.

As another large scale seller like Tony I was amongst the first to pass my best wishes for the future to him (via a personal message from our own timecmdr).

It is devastating when things like this happen, but knowing he and his family are OK and that knowing how determined he is and he WILL (I have no doubt) quickly recover from this. Im sure he appreciates all your comments and heartfelt best wishes for the future.

@ Hibernaculum

"unlike another well known seller of vintage items, who is extraordinarily arrogant and unresponsive"

I take it you were referring to a fellow australian who resides in Japan and drives a Ferrari? :-)

Very sad news, the very first parts i bought were from Tony, first e-bay transaction as well which he took the time to explain all about paypal etc etc, then pointed me in the direction of tamiyaclub - what more can i say! Haven't bought anything in a little while but i look forward to seeing you back up and running soon and will have my clicky fingers ready :) Best wishes to you.

Dean

I wish him all the best and hope he can eventually get back to where he was. I have purchased a few much needed parts in the past and he's a good "no messing" trader. Its a shame as it takes an awful lot of time and dedicaton to trade or run a small business, a knock back like this can have devastating consequencies, especially when you have built up a reputation amongst customers. On a positive note though, I do believe all of us Tamiya addicts will be waiting with a back log of much needed parts ready to purchase from Tony.

All the best in the future Tony.

Cheers

Very sad :(

I've had quite a few bits from Tony & was always impressed not only by not only how fast they got to me, but the personal attention each order got - whether it was an inexpensive bag of screws, or a higher value transaction.

I'm glad everyone is ok, and hope he gets everything sorted :)

Sad to hear about what happened. Nice to hear nobody got hurt when the fire broke out. I have also bought quite a few parts from him a while back. Great seller....

Hope all is well to you & your family..

terrible terrible news, i for one will be supporting tony's tamiya parts best i can when he gets up and running again! definitely one of my favourite ebay sellers!

I wondered where all the Tamiya listings had gone!

Terrible news and a very sad loss. I too have used Tony in the past many times and I've never once had a problem, far from it in fact. I hope he gets everything sorted and I also hope that he didn't lose too many rare/expensive items.... not just a loss for Tony but for everyone involved in Tamiya worldwide I'm sure!

Good luck rebuilding Tony, wishing you all the best with getting back on your feet.

Pete