Sign in to follow this  
Ernie1

Servo Choice For Buggy Racing

Hello all,

I am looking for a good steering servo to use in my Durga and my Dyna storm. But there are so many brands and types that i don't know which one to buy. I want to use it to race so i thought a high speed metal gear servo ? Maybe you can point me in the right direction ?

Regards Wim

Futaba S9551 (or if you could find its predecessor S9550) would be the ideal fit!

Other options are Sanwa ERG-WRX or ERG-WZ.

Get the titanium geared Align servos DS610 or DS620. They aren't very expensive but are very high quality.

Get the titanium geared Align servos DS610 or DS620. They aren't very expensive but are very high quality.

Thanks guys,

Saw the futuba servo in Bormac's Super Shot but didn't know about the align servo's. Looked for the specs on the net and it looks good. Think i am going to order one of them.

Regards Wim

What kind of servo saver do you recomend with the align servo ?

Regards Wim

if your not uber tech and you're price conscious have a search on ebay for bluebird high speed high torque metal gear servo, i got mine for £20 and its in my durga with a kimbrough high torque spring saver on it, works great. with a speed of 0.10 / 0.13 sec. If you want to save a bit of space in the chassis you can get a low profile version also.

Off the top of my head without getting my car off the shelf and popping off the shell its a Blue Bird BMS-620MG

It was so good for the cash i now have one in all my cars, F1, Durga, TA05 and so do my two racing buddies with no problems and great response.

later

VV