stu22

More Than 1 Of The Same Chassis

Given the following...

Grasshopper is essentially the same platform as the Hornet (ignoring the upgrades)

Frog is essentially the same platform as the Brat (ignoring the upgrades)

Alfa Romeo ... Miata

Baldre ... Durga

Who out there buys more than one of what is essentially the same platform? The only time I've done it is with the DB01, and that was because I wanted to run both modified and spec classes, don't really like the DF03, and wanted to only have to cart around one set of spare parts.

Other than that I might buy a different body but not another chassis. (I was kind of disappointed with the selection of the Alfa for the winter build since I already have an M-04M Miata.)

Just wondering who out there "needs" the entire collection to be happy.

Two tl-01s, Three technically with a tl-01b

Two lunchies- nessa`s and a pumpkin

Only 1 cc-01 but working on it.got the pajero but working on getting another.i havent decided between the toureg or the wrangler

Truck chassis see above.Have the scania r470 but am looking at another to join it

I have two TA01s, three TA02s, three TA03F's, four DF01s, two TL01bs, three DF03s, two DT02s.

They are setup differently. Like the TA02s as an example. One uses a CF chassis set and is setup as an onroad tourer, another uses a HPI tub and is setup as a rally car with high ground clearance, the 3rd is setup as an offroader F-150 desert racer (I could probably build a fourth TA02 from parts but have no use for the chassis). With the TA03s, one is a reconfigured to TA03R layout and runs RWD as a GT40, the next as on onroad tourer AWD, and the other is a FRP chassis'd drifter.

I certainly want to get more than one SRB chassis, and I'm very impressed with the CC01 chassis and will aquire more than one of these.

Some chassis you only want one of, like the terrible DT01, and some that you would skip altogether and fit the body to a better chassis (TT01).

When I raced Hi-Lux Monster Racers/King Cabs years ago, I would bring three (one King Cab and two Hi-lux Racers) trucks to the track. I had purchased a total of four trucks (KC/MR), the #4 truck was for parts. My showroom shows two original race trucks from years past. Also, I built a KC from parts (I have alot of parts) and an ebay project truck which needs to be finished...

My avatar is no lie, I love these trucks <_<

so add them up:

two King Cabs and two Hi-Lux Monster Racers

two Monster Beetles

two Stadium Blitzers

Vanessas Lunchbox Gold Edition and Midnight Pumpkin Chrome Metallic Special

TG10-Mk.2 Raybrig NSX 2004 and TG10-MK.2 Chassis kit

Does 9 Original Optimas (Javelin x 1, Optima x 3, Turbo Optima x 2, Optima pro x 1 and Salute x 2) and 15 Optima mids (4 x Optima Mid, 3 xTurbo Optima Mid, 3 x Turbo Optima Mid SE, 3 x Mid Custom, 1 Mid Custom Special and 1 Turbo Optima Mid Special count LOL (I have a thing for them!).

Cheers

Well, i have the following:

Monster beetle, Blackfoot.

2x Blitzer Beetles.

2x Midnight Pumpkins 2 x Vanessa's Lunchbox

Several FF01's

Colin.

One's never enough. I have 13 of the same chassis (not sure of its name) 7 x Wild Willy 1's and 6 x Willy's Wheelers.

I need help,

<_<

I have quite a few TL-01 and TT-01 chassis simply to hang the body and wheels on

The Marui Samurai I got comes with an extra incomplete chassis. I have parts to make up an extra Blackfoot chassis.

Does 9 Original Optimas (Javelin x 1, Optima x 3, Turbo Optima x 2, Optima pro x 1 and Salute x 2) and 15 Optima mids (4 x Optima Mid, 3 xTurbo Optima Mid, 3 x Turbo Optima Mid SE, 3 x Mid Custom, 1 Mid Custom Special and 1 Turbo Optima Mid Special count LOL (I have a thing for them!).

Geez... come on, give me one. ****.

I've got 2 Strikers and a Sonic Fighter, built up several TA04s, got 2 M04Ls and I'm also currently building a few SRBs and ORVs. On top of all of that I've just acquired all 5 of my brothers family's TL01s.

My philosophy is that if you're happy with a certain chassis then there's no need to change but if the chassis you're using can't do what you want it to then it's ok to look at a different one. This covers me for when I want to start a 'new' project but it's also basically why I don't stray too far from what I've got. <_<

He he,

Don't ask why but have 2 fox, 2 wild one's, 2 hot shot, 2 monsterbeetle, 2 dynastorm. I think one to run and the other to run when the first is broken.

Now that I have thought about it I have quite a few doubles.

2x Fox, one is my original from 1986 and is a runner the second is a shelfer.

2x Hotshot, one original and one re-release. I also have a re-release Boomerang and a Supershot.

2x Wildones, both are runners.

2x Blazing Stars, one is mine and the other "belongs" to the other half. I also have a Top Force Re-release.

2x TT-01E and a TT-01, all with different bodies.

2x CC-01, Pajero and Jeep re-releases.

2x GB-01, Tamtech-Gear Frog and Fox. I also have a GB-02 Buggy Champ, GB-03 Hotshot.

2x GT-01, Porsche 934 and Lamborghini Contach

2x SRB, Re-release Sand Scorcher and Buggy Champ.

For the great majority of the chassis that I have doubles of it is because they are "different" cars and are displayed and run as such. In the case of the Hotshots the original does not get run anywhere as often or as hard as the re-release. I have the second Fox just because I can <_< .

Edit to add:

I forgot about my Frogs and Hornet and Grasshopper

1x re-release and 1x original.

1x re-release Hornet 1x re-release Grasshopper.

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price?

A lot of double up and more going on here on TC. Can't see why you shouldn't buy 2 or more of something you like.

I have 2 Twin Detonators. Was my first ever Tamiya RC so I had to mod one and keep one bog poggo stick standard. Had a Twin Dagger too but passed it on to a family member.

A whole whack of TL01's.

A couple of TT01's

3 Bullheads

2 Clodbusters

2 Wild Willy 2's. One build and one NIB

5 NIB Jeep Wranglers, 1 NIB Pajero and a built Touareg

Will have 2 NIB re re Scorchers soon.

So if you like something, why settle for one?

Henk <_<

3 Dyna Storms (One for a custom project), two M02 Renault Alpines (second one is on it's way here from Austria) and one M02M Mazda Miata - I had 2 TL01 chassis' but one I cut in half for a project - I also had 2 TB01 chassis, one of which I sold ;)

I got:

1 x Frog, 1 x Monster Beetle, 1 x Blackfoot = same chassie

4 x Rough Rider, 2 x Sand Scorcher, 1 x Super Champ = almost same chassie

Badboy

Hmmm,

2 x Lamborghini Cheetahs

2 x XR311's

2 x Rough Riders and 1 Sand Scorcher (same chassis)

3 x Vanessa's Lunchbox and 1 Midnight Pumpkin (same chassis)

Rich.

I have:

Clod Buster and Bullhead

Vanessa's Lunch Box and Midnight Pumpkin

Super Fighter G and Sand Viper

Want either a Monster beetle or Mudblaster to match my Blackfoot

and a Hilux MR to match my King Cab

And if money wasn't a problem a Mountaineer and Bruiser combo.... ;)

...plus another 1/14 tractor to match my Knight Hauler, and a Hilux highlift to match my F350 :D

I dont ask much, honest...

4 SRBs,

1979 Rough Rider

1979 Sand Scorcher

Custom Racing SRB

2010 Sand Scorcher

Thinking about a Ford ranger ;)

:D Forgot about these

3x Midnight Pumpkins and Neo's Pumpkin based truck.

2x VLB's. One red and a gold edition. Want to get more of these.

;)

2 Frogs, and a Monster Beetle

2 TL01s

2 Axial AX10s

A Falcon and a Blitzer Beetle

A Fighter Buggy RX and Mad Bull

my runners differ from my collection of NIB's, my NIB's are generally touring cars and F1's, so a lot of them are on the FF-01 or F-103 chassis, but my runners are different, RWD, FWD, 4WD, on road, off road, 3 speed, etc..

The Marui Samurai I got comes with an extra incomplete chassis. I have parts to make up an extra Blackfoot chassis.

Geez... come on, give me one. ****.

Lol, sorry dude they are not for giving away or selling im afraid ;-)