Sign in to follow this  
mr_pushrod

9t Ezrun In A Lunchbox...

Hello all! Having considered it for quite some time, I finally took the plunge and bought one of the £50 9t Ezrun combos for use in my Lunchbox. At the moment I only have a selection of Nimh and Nicd cells in various states of disrepair and just wondered what settings people were using to stop the motor stuttering? On a cheap 3800mah ebay special Nimh (that admittedly was last charged a week ago) the top end seemed comparable if not a little higher than the 19t previously fitted but acceleration was stuttery at full throttle and nowhere near punchy enough. I have the voltage cutoff turned off but so far haven't played with the punch or anything else, apart from charging the battery what should I do?

post-23151-1269545490.gif

I always admired your showroom since I joined, doesn't seem right giving you advice :)

As far as I know the 9T EZRUN is only a small motor 380 can size? :o

If you want the higher power Ezrun setup, you need the .5's, the 8.5T version is the full 540 size.

Hope that helps :angry:

I have the 1/18th scale version in my QD Beetle.

post-23151-1269545490.gif

I always admired your showroom since I joined, doesn't seem right giving you advice :)

As far as I know the 9T EZRUN is only a small motor 380 can size? :o

If you want the higher power Ezrun setup, you need the .5's, the 8.5T version is the full 540 size.

Hope that helps :angry:

I have the 1/18th scale version in my QD Beetle.

Many thanks for the reply, just because there's some half decent stuff in my showroom doesn't mean I can't learn anything! ;)

Looking at videos on youtube of similar setups, it looks like there is plenty of performance I haven't tapped into yet. Although it's only a 380 rotor, there seems to be plenty of grunt to throw even an HPI Super RS4 or Traxxas Slash (both close to 1/8th size) down the road at a fair old lick. Although I do need an excuse to try one of the 'halves', I don't think my wallet or girlfriend would thank me this month......

Top speed won't be much different between motors as both will top out the gearing. I use a 15 turn brushed motor in my pumpkin and I'm more than satisfied with it's performance.

Top speed won't be much different between motors as both will top out the gearing. I use a 15 turn brushed motor in my pumpkin and I'm more than satisfied with it's performance.

I run a 9t Ezrun in my slash, never have any problems with it stuttering on any of my batteries, from a 2200mah nihm to a 5500 lipo, they have great power even in something

as big as a slash, I ran one in a Mad Bull too and it flew!

The 380 eZRun isn't that much weaker than the 540 eZRuns. It really depends on your battery's ability to deliver enough current. Try setting the timing advance to 0 and punch setting down to 4.

I have the 9T setup in my box and it doesn't matter really what settings you run, just experiment. I have the punch on minimum because I used to use the same ESC in my M03.

Now its in my box full time I am going to try with max everything. :D for extra wheelie goodness.

The 380 eZRun isn't that much weaker than the 540 eZRuns. It really depends on your battery's ability to deliver enough current. Try setting the timing advance to 0 and punch setting down to 4.

Will have to give these settings a try I think, I should imagine it's my batteries that are at fault. I tried it again today with another 3800 pack (charged last night) and it was much improved but still stuttering a little at low speed at anything over half throttle. Once I've bought a new pinion (threads have gone :D) I'll have to give it another go.....

Will have to give these settings a try I think, I should imagine it's my batteries that are at fault. I tried it again today with another 3800 pack (charged last night) and it was much improved but still stuttering a little at low speed at anything over half throttle. Once I've bought a new pinion (threads have gone :D) I'll have to give it another go.....

Are you still using the low power Tamiya connector? Makes a nice bottle neck and will cause stuttering when it can't supply the required current.

i have an ezrun 8.5t in my slash and the batteries make so much difference, i have some vapextech 3700mah packs that work quite well, but when i run my intellect 5000mah packs wow what a difference, ive tried it with a cheapo pack of ebay that i had, to say its 3800mah they where rubbish just cant supply the current, get some good batts and you should be good.

Are you still using the low power Tamiya connector? Makes a nice bottle neck and will cause stuttering when it can't supply the required current.

I have to admit that I have been lazy and not converted them to deans connectors yet. Most of my other cars are but having bought all the stuff recently, hadn't got round to fitting them. Interesting to know that they make so much of a difference to these brushless systems! Will have to try one of my better batteries when I swap connectors and report back :D

I have to admit that I have been lazy and not converted them to deans connectors yet. Most of my other cars are but having bought all the stuff recently, hadn't got round to fitting them. Interesting to know that they make so much of a difference to these brushless systems! Will have to try one of my better batteries when I swap connectors and report back :)

Go for Traxxas connectors. I used Deans before but the Traxxas ones are much easier to solder wires to and they're more easy to connect/disconnect. I'll never use Deans again...

Go for Traxxas connectors. I used Deans before but the Traxxas ones are much easier to solder wires to and they're more easy to connect/disconnect. I'll never use Deans again...

Might have to give them a go, Deans are a pain for both of those. How is the resistance compared to Deans and how much are they?

Might have to give them a go, Deans are a pain for both of those. How is the resistance compared to Deans and how much are they?

I have no idea but they work :)