Brooklyn Nights

Is It A Trust Thing?

Hi all,

just wondering if its harder to sell things on here as unlike ebay there is no way to tell if a seller/buyer is good or bad? I've got two cars for sale and I thought I'd have least one question but nothing! Is it because I'm marked as a "newbie" and people are scared that I'm dodgy?

I myself have bought 2 items off here and to be honest I was a little nervous as to wether they things would turn up but I was misplaced as they arrived and arrived fast too! So what is it? Price? Newbie status? Or what? :P

Cheers

Rich

Or at the moment there is no interest in those items. I've been around the forum for a few years with several succesful transaction but I've been unable to sell my mint Pajero package over the last few weeks. Why ? Beats me, but I'm assuming at this time there is no demand for it. Patience young jedi, patience :P.

Or at the moment there is no interest in those items. I've been around the forum for a few years with several succesful transaction but I've been unable to sell my mint Pajero package over the last few weeks. Why ? Beats me, but I'm assuming at this time there is no demand for it. Patience young jedi, patience :P.

Well

I guess thats also a possibility too....or maybe the fact that like me everyone is skint and this hobby is not cheap! I still think trust has something to do with it though same as if you look at an item on ebay and the seller has a feedback of less than 10 you tend to stay clear! Or is that just me? :P

Cheers

Rich

Hi all,

just wondering if its harder to sell things on here as unlike ebay there is no way to tell if a seller/buyer is good or bad? I've got two cars for sale and I thought I'd have least one question but nothing! Is it because I'm marked as a "newbie" and people are scared that I'm dodgy?

I myself have bought 2 items off here and to be honest I was a little nervous as to wether they things would turn up but I was misplaced as they arrived and arrived fast too! So what is it? Price? Newbie status? Or what? :P

Cheers

Rich

Don't think its a trust thing you have over 70 posts so people can see what you are about. TC is quiet at the moment (read last 6 months), not sure if its the economy or what. Price wise I have no idea about the king cab but the Volvo looks like an OK price, the chassis may be tosh but the shell is as new and you have the box and instructions plus offer courier cant see any big issue with that.

Why not stick it on ebay?

Paul

All down to demand and price. I try on here first at low prices for the benefit of members. If no interest they go on ebay.

Selling things on here is very difficult. Even if you take really good pictures and have very detailed descriptions.

Selling things on here is very difficult. Even if you take really good pictures and have very detailed descriptions.

Funniest thing is when you put something on TC trades for say £150 and it never sells so after a week of taking low-ball offers from chancers you stick it on ebay for £175 and BOOM it sells within 3 days and most times to a TC member LMAO.

Seems that ebay have this power over people where everyone thinks that its ebay that provides protection when its only paypal that does that, beats me why but i should stop compaining after ebay fees you still net more than TC price lol.

case in point I have my repro Maxxum decals in my trades for £10.75 and on ebay for £12.95 (now 11.95) but both sets I sold (ON EBAY) were to TC members??? go figure!!, I sold a few directly to TC members too buta 50/50 ratio when all buyers were TC members lol

Anyone else noticed this?

Why not stick it on ebay?

Paul

I may end up having to put it on ebay but ebays charges plus paypals are too high I feel. Its not ebays listing charge its the fact they take a percent of the price your item sells for that bugs me! Last time I sold a RC car on the bay it cost me £6.29 for the listing but £42 for the sale! Rip off!

I thought I'd give the folks on here, the ones that love the cars and dont just see them as a way to make a quick buck, the chance first so thats why there on here plus the stupid fees from ebay! If thats not a contradiction to what I just said about a quick buck! :P Hopefully you know what I mean!

Cheers

Rich

I may end up having to put it on ebay but ebays charges plus paypals are too high I feel. Its not ebays listing charge its the fact they take a percent of the price your item sells for that bugs me! Last time I sold a RC car on the bay it cost me £6.29 for the listing but £42 for the sale! Rip off!

I thought I'd give the folks on here, the ones that love the cars and dont just see them as a way to make a quick buck, the chance first so thats why there on here plus the stupid fees from ebay! If thats not a contradiction to what I just said about a quick buck! :P Hopefully you know what I mean!

Cheers

Rich

Totally understand mate, just work out your ebay price as TC price plus 15% and you should be covered (and dont be too surprised if a TC member buys it lol).

Most people know on here that I run 2 vintage RC ebay shops and they know coming to me direct i deduct the ebay fees and pass those savings on to buyers but people still buy on ebay rather than the website or coming direct, its seems peoples addiction to ebay overrules their walletts?.

Cheers

Totally understand mate, just work out your ebay price as TC price plus 15% and you should be covered (and dont be too surprised if a TC member buys it lol).

Most people know on here that I run 2 vintage RC ebay shops and they know coming to me direct i deduct the ebay fees and pass those savings on to buyers but people still buy on ebay rather than the website or coming direct, its seems peoples addiction to ebay overrules their walletts?.

Cheers

Problem with doing that is that the price which is pushed up to cover ebay fees is just too unattractive and too high to bid on for many people which is understandable!

In that case I've most likely bought from you before without realising you were a TC member! :P

Cheers

Rich

Hi all,

Cheers

Rich

Nowt to do with trust, for£100 notes id have the volvo off you like a shot matey.except for two things

1) car insurance due

2) car tax due

And the fact that i dont have £100 notes spare at the minute :P

Nowt to do with trust, for£100 notes id have the volvo off you like a shot matey.except for two things

1) car insurance due

2) car tax due

And the fact that i dont have £100 notes spare at the minute :P

Yeah that was my other thought that, like me, everyone is skint! :P

Cheers

Rich

Yeah that was my other thought that, like me, everyone is skint! :P

Cheers

Rich

Yes the last 6 weeks has been strange, funny thing though had an absolutely mad weekend selling stuff (ebay and website sales) was rushed off my feet sunday/mon/tues/weds and today quiet again (i guesss those that got paid end of months are skint again now lol).

I been spending too much myself lately what with paying out for original decals and vector artwork (at approx £60 oer decal) its not been a cheap 2 weeks for me lol, must ahve spent over £600 on decals and artwork in last 10 days lol.

I been spending too much myself lately what with paying out for original decals and vector artwork (at approx £60 oer decal) its not been a cheap 2 weeks for me lol, must ahve spent over £600 on decals and artwork in last 10 days lol.

May be able to help you there.... As the King Cab I'm selling has 4 lifting decals then maybe whoever buys it (please may it be soon! :P ) will want a set of your repro King Cab decals! :P

Cheers

Rich

May be able to help you there.... As the King Cab I'm selling has 4 lifting decals then maybe whoever buys it (please may it be soon! ;) ) will want a set of your repro King Cab decals! :D

Cheers

Rich

Happy days!, just got 4 files back from vector guy about 10 minutes ago, he has done 4 so far with another 7 in the next few days to be sent to me.

The ones he has done so far are below;-

FAV 58046

Renault 5 58026

VW Golf Racing 58025

Stinger MKII (Sheet B done, still waiting for Sheet A)

BMW Autotech

Ebay is very buyer friendly, more so as time goes on, buyers know if they use paypal on ebay and stuff isn't right or doesn't show up then paypal will refund them. Also it is so easy you don't need to type a letter with addess just click click and you're sorted, lots of people will pay a premium for ease of purchase and buyer security.

Ebay is very buyer friendly, more so as time goes on, buyers know if they use paypal on ebay and stuff isn't right or doesn't show up then paypal will refund them. Also it is so easy you don't need to type a letter with addess just click click and you're sorted, lots of people will pay a premium for ease of purchase and buyer security.

I think thats a common misconception with ebay, they will only refund the money if the item has not been delivered. they will not refund money for any other reason.

Buyers can open "Not as described" disputes but ebay will only send the seller the details and if the sellers states the item was as described they will "Ask" the seller to allow the person to return it, its upto the seller if he accepts returns or not (best bet to keep customers happy is to allow it) but it is at their discretion.

Ebay is great for buyers but poor for sellers unfortunatley, and as its a symbiotic relationship its needs to be fair for both parties.

Just looking forward to seeing what changes they make next time round and see if more ebay shops close as they increase charges again and make it more difficult for sellers to get discounts.

Cheers

I think the reason is money is tight, and EVERYONE on TC spent their free cash on new SRB re-re's. That said, to move things right now, you have to give them away........

I think the reason is money is tight, and EVERYONE on TC spent their free cash on new SRB re-re's. That said, to move things right now, you have to give them away........

I Nearly AM giving them away! I'm charging rock bottom and also paying the p and p too! :D

Cheers

Rich

Strange thing is no ones even made any offers though.... I mean I would defo consider any fair offers but not one has been put forward and thats why I thought it was a trust thing!

Cheers

Rich

I remember once putting up some used Avante parts on TC a few years ago (it was all the bits n pieces left over from restoring 5 Avantes), I put them on as a "Lot" and asked a very low price ( i think it was something like £30), if I could have been bothered at the time and split them all and sold on fee-pay I could have probably gotten over £80, but I was busy and wanted rid of them as they were cluttering up my workbench at the time.

Anyway after lots of low-ball offers of £10,£15 and like from people saying they only worth this n that (telling me who is a seller and collector lol), one chap even offered me £15 if I would do free postage!!.

Anyway I had enough so sacrificed 2 hours of my time and listed the parts individually on ebay and they all sold (except the odd few bits) for over £120 so after ebay fees I was still left with £100, moral of the story is;-

1. Dont sell in "Lots"

2. if you want to sell at right price sell on fee-pay and take the 10% hit in fees.

3. If you want to sell on trades list at VERY low prices (Clearly marked) and preferably with free postage ;-)

I remember once putting up some used Avante parts on TC a few years ago (it was all the bits n pieces left over from restoring 5 Avantes), I put them on as a "Lot" and asked a very low price ( i think it was something like £30), if I could have been bothered at the time and split them all and sold on fee-pay I could have probably gotten over £80, but I was busy and wanted rid of them as they were cluttering up my workbench at the time.

Anyway after lots of low-ball offers of £10,£15 and like from people saying they only worth this n that (telling me who is a seller and collector lol), one chap even offered me £15 if I would do free postage!!.

Anyway I had enough so sacrificed 2 hours of my time and listed the parts individually on ebay and they all sold (except the odd few bits) for over £120 so after ebay fees I was still left with £100, moral of the story is;-

1. Dont sell in "Lots"

2. if you want to sell at right price sell on fee-pay and take the 10% hit in fees.

3. If you want to sell on trades list at VERY low prices (Clearly marked) and preferably with free postage ;-)

Tbh thats why i dont make offers on here.I dont want to insult people by making an offer that doesnt suit.

But this is somewhere i come all the time for advice and stuff and I think thats part of it whereas on ebay I dont know them,will probably have no further contact with them (apart from people like tony(europro)) so if an offer upsets them its their problem

Tbh thats why i dont make offers on here.I dont want to insult people by making an offer that doesnt suit.

But this is somewhere i come all the time for advice and stuff and I think thats part of it whereas on ebay I dont know them,will probably have no further contact with them (apart from people like tony(europro)) so if an offer upsets them its their problem

Ah so your the chap who makes low ball offers on ebay LMAO

Just kidding mate, my std reply when people make offers on ebay is "prices are fixed on ebay, if you want it cheaper go to my website".

Cheers

I put that I will take offers for a reason....that being I dont mind people making an offer and there is no way anyone CAN insult me! I've had it all and nothing bothers me! :D

If its too low I'd bargain upwards its not like I'm going to hunt them down and take revenge! ;)

Cheers

Rich