Sign in to follow this  
Sayer

Attempt At A Project.

It's not just about overstuffing the tire so that it fills out fully, the other issue is the rim of the wheel not lining up and being enclosed correctly with the bead of the tire.

post-31116-1273428188_thumb.jpg

It's not just about overstuffing the tire so that it fills out fully, the other issue is the rim of the wheel not lining up and being enclosed correctly with the bead of the tire.

Not sure I understand what that means, but it appears that my sidewalls are higher than yours:

stretched_wheel.jpg

Ignore the thickness in sidewall of the tire for now. The issue I'm talking about is different.

If you look closely at the pic I posted notice the uncolored whitish plastic just outside the matte chrome painted "lip". That part is supposed to be covered by the tire's sidewall/bead hence unpainted. Yours is exactly the same, only difference is your wheels are not painted so everything is the same color. Sorry I can't explain it any other way that is more clear.

Here is a picture of what a correctly mounted tire should look like. Notice the lip of the rim and edge of the tire meet perfectly, there is no gap in between.

DSCF2448.jpg

Ignore the thickness in sidewall of the tire for now. The issue I'm talking about is different.

If you look closely at the pic I posted notice the uncolored whitish plastic just outside the matte chrome painted "lip". That part is supposed to be covered by the tire's sidewall/bead hence unpainted. Yours is exactly the same, only difference is your wheels are not painted so everything is the same color. Sorry I can't explain it any other way that is more clear.

Here is a picture of what a correctly mounted tire should look like. Notice the lip of the rim and edge of the tire meet perfectly, there is no gap in between.

Oh I get it now. I noticed that when I first did the stretching. I don't really mind it since I'm using the white 8-spokers (which aren't completely 1:1 accurate anyway)

Hi Bud, like the idea of a skoda fabia WRC not many around, just wondering where did you get the bodyshell from and do they sell any other shells?

Many Thanks,

Chris

Hi Bud, like the idea of a skoda fabia WRC not many around, just wondering where did you get the bodyshell from and do they sell any other shells?

Many Thanks,

Chris

I got the bodyshell here

They do sell other bodies on the site as well (Tamiya, ABC etc)