Live Steam Mad

Frog Poster Scan

Here are scans from a Frog poster that I just bought. Thought it may please someone to see it.

Will be uploaded by me shortly to retromodelisme I hope.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

post-6936-1270925433_thumb.jpg

post-6936-1270925443_thumb.jpg

post-6936-1270925456_thumb.jpg

post-6936-1270925471_thumb.jpg

I have a Tamiya Pajero poster for swaps if anyone is interested. I am looking for something interesting in return like a Brat or Hornet poster. Contact me if you have any for swaps!

Cheers,

Alistair G.

I can't begin to imagine how long you spent putting that site toghether! Got some more Grasshopper posters if you fancy some hi res swapsies? B)

Dean

Thank you for the offer, Dean, but I try to stick with showing my own collection only, in order to keep the scope down :-)

-Lars

As someone who loves the Frog (it has a very special place in my heart) I’m surprised and disappointed that they used different stickers for this poster then what was in the kit. The sticker on the wing is black instead of red and the frog racing team sticker on the side of the body is all white and has no black outline. Other things are incorrect as well, like the color of the driver’s name, and the DEIST sticker. I wonder why they did this, was this a prototype frog or were they thinking of making this change into the production run? I noticed this back in the 90's in the little MRC book (mine had a blue cover) that used to come with some of the cars and it always bothered me. Did anyone else ever notice this?

John

As someone who loves the Frog (it has a very special place in my heart) I’m surprised and disappointed that they used different stickers for this poster then what was in the kit. The sticker on the wing is black instead of red and the frog racing team sticker on the side of the body is all white and has no black outline. Other things are incorrect as well, like the color of the driver’s name, and the DEIST sticker. I wonder why they did this, was this a prototype frog or were they thinking of making this change into the production run? I noticed this back in the 90's in the little MRC book (mine had a blue cover) that used to come with some of the cars and it always bothered me. Did anyone else ever notice this?

John

Ahh I think you are talking about the Frog pictures which are on the non-white side of the poster? Yes the pictures are different than the box art / white side of the poster / stickers in the kit, since the pictures on the non-white side of the poster are of a prototype Frog. Note that the position of the resistors for the MSC is different, as is the position of the resistor plate, also the colors of the motor wires and the positions of the other wiring is different.

This is also the case with the action pictures of the Frog in the 1984 Tamiya catalog I seem to remember.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

John

I completely agree John. I hate that "alternative" Frog style too :D As Alistair says, it was probably a proto. In particular for me, the pure white lettering along the side ("Frog Racing Team") looks so weak sitting on the pink body, without the black drop shadow (pedantic web designer rant!).

Take heart from the fact that the majority of catalogue appearances the Frog made, showed it with the better sticker scheme - the one that matches the box art better, and which to my mind is the true "official" Frog promo pic --> http://www.blackholesun.fr/classictamiyarc.../tamcars05.html

tamfrog2.jpg

Much better ;)

Thanks for the poster scans though, they're very interesting...not even sure if I had those ones.

cheers,

H.