Tamiya1/10

What Turns U Off About The Forums

I guess what turns me off the Forums are:

1) models I am not interested in

2) members write pages and pages. I guess I am a slow reader and anything longer than say 10 sentenses turns me off and I stop reading it.

3) members use big words which I have to look it up in a dictionary.

thats about its....

Andy Rooney

ps and people canat spel...

2) members write pages and pages. I guess I am a slow reader and anything longer than say 10 sentenses turns me off and I stop reading it.

3) members use big words which I have to look it up in a dictionary.

thats about its....

Andy Rooney

ps and people canat spel...

People who starts a thread looking for help expecting us to have nothing better to do and without appreciating the help they are getting.

P.S. and people who don't use punctuation marks and commas ;)

Oooooh, lots of things. B)

- Bad spellers and punctuation. Its not that hard to get it all in the right place, and its not MSN so use capitals and full stops!

- Forum software and/or settings, that put a capital at the start of every word of the thread title ;)

On the RC side of things, its mainly fanboys (and girls). By that, I mean people who are of the view, that Tamiya are god-like, and cannot do any wrong. Everything they have ever done is pure awesomeness, and every other company is inferior. That statement is plainly wrong, but it doesn't stop people still holding it. It doesn't hurt to broaden your horizons and see things from other points of view, but to just stick with Tamiya without ever trying anything else is a bit....its a bit like only eating egg noodles for the rest of your life.

Also, I dislike people that ask questions after they have thought of the answer, so nothing you can say will help them. Why ask the question then?

And people that are willing to spend £400+ on a nitro car, but are happy to skimp and use WD40 as after-run oil and vegetable oil as shock oil (seriously).

People who starts a thread looking for help expecting us to have nothing better to do and without appreciating the help they are getting.

And on the flipside, I offer tons of help and advice to others and when I finally ask a question, no one answers and it slips down to the 6th page in favor of threads talking about a dodgy seller or which buggy should I buy

+1 Shodog ;)

For me, bad spelling doesn't matter so much, as I know we are dealing with foreigners here, however, there is no excuse for TXTSPK.

Ever.

It should be punishable by death. It annoys me even more than SHOUTING.

Paul.

Another thing I find extremely stupid, is the forum rule about ebay auctions. I have never come across another forum with a rule like that...

Another thing I find extremely stupid, is the forum rule about ebay auctions. I have never come across another forum with a rule like that...

+10000000000000

It is one of those silly things. Obviously 99% of people don't agree with the rule and probably now even those people who wanted it instigated think it is silly, but it has been the most enforced rule for so long, they can't back down now, or they will look weak. It is like politicians who don't cave under pressure when they need to apologise for something, or someone who gets backed into a corner by a silly comment they make then refuse to refute it because of pride or vanity.

Paul

It is one of those silly things. Obviously 99% of people don't agree with the rule and probably now even those people who wanted it instigated think it is silly, but it has been the most enforced rule for so long, they can't back down now, or they will look weak. It is like politicians who don't cave under pressure when they need to apologise for something, or someone who gets backed into a corner by a silly comment they make then refuse to refute it because of pride or vanity.

Paul

LOL B)

I just knew there HAD to be a good reason for that rule. Thanks for pointing it out!

People who do not put their LOCATION UP (where you live), what are you people afraid of??? P******....

I say this because when discussing where to get parts or other specifics, advice is hard to give out..

It annoys me even more than SHOUTING.

Paul.

O RLY? B)

+1 Shodog

Unless terry.sc arrives within 10mins after posting.......

....there are many helpful people on here......LIKE PAUL FOR EXAMPLE!!!!

..not too concerned about the no linking of auctions....although a silly reason, its one of the reasons some people pick up bargains......I think.....maybe....

+1, nothing worse than indulging in your fav lads mag and finding mr. ronaldo eagle spread in an armani advert B)

The fact that there is no quick way to access a member's showroom from their profile.

+10000000000000

+1 on the stupid ebay linking thing!

Regards Loaded's comments on the Ebay thing, i suspect its the "old guard" or the "in crowd (mods)" that want this rule as it is ridiculous to say the least!, I see so many people say they want it removed and no one defending it so why does it not get removed?, is this not a democracy?.

Maybe someone should start a forum post with a vote system (how the heck do you do that anyway lol?) and see what percentage want it gone against want it kept?.

Need someone (who knows how to set up a vote system) to step up to the plate.

Paul

+1, nothing worse than indulging in your fav lads mag and finding mr. ronaldo eagle spread in an armani advert B)

Someone reads nuts lol

What makes anyone think this is a democracy? This website is privately owned and the moderators stick to the rules as much as they can. They can be quite tolerant as well sometimes.

As has been stated many times, this is Chris's ball, he makes the rules, nothing stop anyone setting up another game somewhere else B) This seems to be where everyone wants to play though.

Paul.

What makes anyone think this is a democracy? This website is privately owned and the moderators stick to the rules as much as they can. They can be quite tolerant as well sometimes.

As has been stated many times, this is Chris's ball, he makes the rules, nothing stop anyone setting up another game somewhere else :D This seems to be where everyone wants to play though.

Paul.

Wow, I'm glad I never wrote that B)

If everyone feels that strongly, isn't it about time someone emailed Chris and asked him to change it instead of a load of harrumphing and sabre-rattling?

The 'stopping someone getting a bargain' bit is not the only reason, people commenting, perhaps ill-informedly (new word?) on the high price of goods etc. was also a problem.

Live links were originally allowed, but stopped after issues, I don't remember exactly what they were though

Prime example of price 'opinioning'

Surfing eBay I found this, this seller uses to have high prices but this is amazing.

I have 3 of them...... I'm rich!!!!!!!!!

Would it be the dozen???????

As with everything, it's up to the seller to decide the price, not for someone at TC to publicise the opinion that it's too high - that's up to the bidders

Links or no links, this is one of my three on all the time websites. B):D:P

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! :):D

This is Chris's ball, he makes the rules,

I've had discussions with the mods in the past about the ebay link rule and ultimately this is what it boils down to. They feel it will cause more problems than it helps. I agree with one argument against in that it will cause a lot of "look at this silly BIN price" threads which essentially only slag the seller for no significant reason.

Where I think it helps the most is when you a poster asks a question and then you could point them to the right part on ePay. Sure I could PM him the link but it would also be nice to post it to the forums so everyone could see it to. Knowledge sharing is what the forums are all about.

Over at RC10talk they use ebaylinking to post smoking deals or cars of interest. Just today one guy picked up a yokomo YZ834 after another member posted a thread about a yok they found. http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15283

I've had discussions with the mods in the past about the ebay link rule and ultimately this is what it boils down to. They feel it will cause more problems than it helps. I agree with one argument against in that it will cause a lot of "look at this silly BIN price" threads which essentially only slag the seller for no significant reason.

Where I think it helps the most is when you a poster asks a question and then you could point them to the right part on ePay. Sure I could PM him the link but it would also be nice to post it to the forums so everyone could see it to. Knowledge sharing is what the forums are all about.

Over at RC10talk they use ebaylinking to post smoking deals or cars of interest. Just today one guy picked up a yokomo YZ834 after another member posted a thread about a yok they found. http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15283

LOL - but you can't read RC10talk without being a member B)

TC is better like this, open to all to read & enjoy & tempt people to join :D

On the flipside though, ebay allows you to save favourite search items - if that guy had saved 'Yokomo (YZ*, 834)' into his searches, would that not've worked too?

The Ebay forum is really there to promote your own sales and discuss ebay policies etc - do you really want your promotions buried because someone's found 30 interesting things on ebay and thinks everyone is going to find them equally as rivetting?

Posting links to sites where you have to register to read is on of my pet hates B)