Sign in to follow this  
Victorious Secret

Please Help Identify This Body

Hello folks,

Me gf just got me a bodyset. I can not make the brand out of this. It's a rather detailed Lotus Esprit. Can anyone help identify the maker of this bodyset?

21004109459061_462.jpg

21004109459061_869.jpg

It is 1/10 scale 190mm wide 260mm wheelbase

I thank you for your time~

VS

I think it's a Lamborghini Diablo

It could be the HPI, but thats 200mm

Brother VC, I think Carson in Germany did some Lotus Esprit way back. They used to do some great retro bodyshells but sadly don't know where to get them from anymore and even if they still make them. Can't see anything on their website to say they do still make them.

Thanks gents, I still can not able to identify the maker of this body.

Brother Tenzo, I went on HPI website and checked Lamborghini and none of the cars from HPI Lambo look like this one.

Brother Sideways: I did the same with Carson but nothing came out.

VS

Definitely an Esprit.

The D shape rear quarter window and fairly square front defines it as an X180, designed by Peter Stevens in 1987.

If it had a more rounded bumper it would be an S4 or V8.

Sorry VS I can't offer you any info regarding the body manufacturer, but it looks like an excellent moulding from your photos, I can't wait to see it painted & detailed (to your usual standard of course :) )

Are there *any* markings or lettering on the excess areas of the shell at all ? :)

Thank you Brother Blacque Jacque for your detailed information on the Esprit. When I got the body, the rear lower part of the excess lexan has been cropped. I suspect the manufacture's name might be imprinted in that area. Other than that, there are no sign of other labels.

You would think such legendary car atleast one major manufacture would have attept at an Esprit model.

VS

Hello folks,

Me gf just got me a bodyset. I can not make the brand out of this. It's a rather detailed Lotus Esprit. Can anyone help identify the maker of this bodyset?

It is 1/10 scale 190mm wide 260mm wheelbase

I thank you for your time~

VS

Its an ABC Hobby body

Thank you Brother Bakaguyjean! Mystery solved!! :) By the way, in your expertise, do you know if ABC Hobby still produce this body?

VS

I beleive they stopped making this body around the same time they stopped making the other Euro M-chassis bodies, But ABC is one of the few compaines that have a person on staff that speeks good english,so you might ask really nice to see if they would make you another if you want.