TongueTied

Chrome Plated Srb Rear Bumper

Have any of you bought one of those chrome plated rear SRB bumpers that are on ebay? Someone in the Czech Republic has posted chrome plated plastic rear bumpers for the SRBs on ebay. I've sent him a message but he doesn't respond. Has anyone bought one of these?

Have any of you bought one of those chrome plated rear SRB bumpers that are on ebay? Someone in the Czech Republic has posted chrome plated plastic rear bumpers for the SRBs on ebay. I've sent him a message but he doesn't respond. Has anyone bought one of these?

Hi.

That person in the Czech Republic would be TC member Loaded (Paulking ebay name) you can bet if he is the seller its a quality job on the chrome plating he is a good guy and sells a lot of stuff on ebay and here on TC .

If he has not replied there is a good reason perhaps he is busy.

Hope that helps :D

Stuart.

...Someone in the Czech Republic has posted chrome plated plastic rear bumpers for the SRBs on ebay...

That would be the member "Loaded" you can PM him here but I am sure he will be along shortly. You could search these forums and the main site as I know he has posted pics and described the process he goes through.

Cheers

EDIT:- LOL too slow at typing :D

Yep, if it's Paul I'm sure they'll be very very good. I've bought a few things from him and he is indeed a true gent.

I think I read a post on here this week saying he's away skiiing.... (or just got back). So he's probably just busy.

Hi there :)

For some reason the message didn't get through, but someone kindly alerted me to this post, which I might have seen later when I planned to log on and read new posts.

How can I help, or do you want to PM me?

Best wishes,

Paul.

PS : I might not respond for a little while, as I am off to dinner.

PPS : Thanks guys for letting me know and keeping the fires burning!

Hi Loaded,

Thanks for posting. I didn't know if the ebay message had gotten through or if I would just be annoying you by sending again. I will PM you mid next week as ask you about the bumpers. Thanks

I have one and they are perfect. Actually it is up for sale if anyone is interested....

All of loaded's stuff is top notch. I bought a set of bottom and upper carbon fiber plates for my super champ. they were beautifully cut out and fit perfect. Thanks paul. :rolleyes:

I bought a set of bottom and upper carbon fiber plates for my super champ.

I have a set on those on way to me too for my SC resto project. We should compare build notes B)

One thing I should point about those is that during the long run of production of the SRB and Super Champ chassis, the very small gap between the very front screw holes and the front edge of the plate changed ever so slightly. I make my plates as long as they can be, with these holes in the right position (they fit on my chassis) but for some chassis they need 30 seconds of rubbing down just at the very front to fit in. I could make them very slightly shorter to accommodate all chassis, but then they would be weaker for the others. We are talking about a tiny amount here and I have only had experience with a small percentage of people having to grind it down ever so slightly.

Paul.

One thing I should point about those is that during the long run of production of the SRB and Super Champ chassis, the very small gap between the very front screw holes and the front edge of the plate changed ever so slightly. I make my plates as long as they can be, with these holes in the right position (they fit on my chassis) but for some chassis they need 30 seconds of rubbing down just at the very front to fit in. I could make them very slightly shorter to accommodate all chassis, but then they would be weaker for the others. We are talking about a tiny amount here and I have only had experience with a small percentage of people having to grind it down ever so slightly.

Paul.

Ahh, thats why B)

Not a problem, and more like 5 sec. with a hobbyknife.

It is better to grind it down with paper. Even normal wood sandpaper will do the job B)

Paul.

I have a set on those on way to me too for my SC resto project. We should compare build notes B)

Absolutely case, you can see my super champ in my showroom. Any questions just e-mail me. I went with the bigger rough rider wheels and tires. the stock SC ones just looked to much like a toy. james (bettlelover) is working on a bust for the RR and SC I want that to go with my hyper detailed head, for my driver. Thats the only thing left to finish on my champ. The champ is a great looking car. Glad i found the right one for me.