Sign in to follow this  
Hibernaculum

Radio Shack Catalogues

http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/

Tip: Choose a catalog, go to page 2 or 3 to find the contents list and look for the page number of the toys page, then jump to that page.

Australians note: some cars sold here at Tandy stores were not sold in the USA, and vice versa.

cheers,

H.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 5:57 PM, Rider400 said:

Unreal memories. Electronics got cheap compared to bitd!

Yep - generally houses, utilities etc. much more expensive compared to earning power before, electronics (and consumer goods in general) much cheaper.

We didn't grow up poor by any stretch (although my parents were pretty frugal) but I remember a Nikko car being a once a year or combined birthday and Christmas kind of thing - now my nephew has more consoles, cars etc. then he could ever play with.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nikko85 said:

Yep - generally houses, utilities etc. much more expensive compared to earning power before, electronics (and consumer goods in general) much cheaper.

We didn't grow up poor by any stretch (although my parents were pretty frugal) but I remember a Nikko car being a once a year or combined birthday and Christmas kind of thing - now my nephew has more consoles, cars etc. then he could ever play with.

I had the Radio Shack truck. Wanted a proper grade truck so bad (Lunchbox actually) but it just didnt happen until I was much older.

You are right about all the stuff kids have today. Having a new iphone at 12 years old is the equivalent of our parents buying us a Camaro.