muratti

Should You Wait On Ordering From Hk, Japan Because Of Iceland´s Vulcano?

Hi guys!

I was wondering if you guys in Europe all order like normal from Hongkong and Japan because of the vulcano eruption on Iceland?

Of course this doens´t affect people in the US, Asia or Australia...

Europe is closed and i am wondering how many people keep on ordering and their packages can´t be delivered because of all flights cancelled in Europe.

I wanted to buy a few items on ebay or from Stellamodels and i don´t know if i should wait. I think there could be a real mess when Europe´s airports open again and maybe they can´t deal with the amount of packages not delivered in the time the airports were closed. The chance of packages getting lost will be much higher...

Also nobody knows if this can take only a few more days or several weeks?

Am i the only one concerend of net getting parts in time or do you have similar worries?

I would think anyone in Europe is going to suffer, and if you haven't ordered yet, leave it - Stella ship out so fast that, if it were me, I'd wait until airspace is open again rather than having my order at the bottom of a pile in a warehouse somewhere.

According to the BBC website though, some airlines have been testing out the dangers, and have reported no problems upto to normal flight altitudes; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8628323.stm

Yes Lufthansa for example sent 10 Cargo airplanes empty from Frankfurt to Munich and reported no problems at all.

Yes Lufthansa for example sent 10 Cargo airplanes empty from Frankfurt to Munich and reported no problems at all.

Trouble is, I'm sure nobody wants to be the guy to say 'OK to fly' just to have planes start dropping out of the sky

As it is, there's a good three days of backed-up post anyway, I wouldn't voluntarily add anything of mine to that if I had a choice.

I personally dont think it makes much difference, it just means your package will be delayed that all.

If you order now your package will probably be processed right upto international hub point then stored until flights re-open, if you wait you just stall things as it would add time onto the transit time flight delays or not.

Thats my view anyway, plus what with all the cancelled flights im pretty sure most cargo companies will be scheduling extra flights to cope with the backlog.

Just my point of view.

P.S. It has not stopped me from ordering from Japan and Hong Kong in the last 3 days.

cheers

I was wondering if you guys in Europe all order like normal from Hongkong and Japan because of the vulcano eruption on Iceland?

Of course this doens´t affect people in the US, Asia or Australia...

hah! i wish :lol:

good ole Tower Hobbies &/or USPS seems to have sent my parcel to AUSTRIA via JAMAICA... :lol:

Current Track & Confirm e-mail information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: CG06 4238 243U S

Service Type: International Parcels

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depart From Transit AUSTRIA 04/14/10 9:28am

Office of Exchange

Arrival at Transit AUSTRIA 04/13/10 12:35pm

Office From Exchange

International Dispatch UNITED STATES 04/11/10 10:31am

Arrival UNITED STATES 04/11/10 10:31am

Shipment Accepted JAMAICA NY 11430 04/05/10 2:28pm

Electronic Shipping JAMAICA NY 11430 04/03/10 11:53am

Info Received

even their tracking system seems to have gone AWOL lately :(

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetW...m=CG064238243US

Was shipped before Easter... dunno whether i'm waiting for the bunny or Santa to deliver it now. :D

I just sold my moped, the money are gonna fund my sand scorcher 2010. I was gonna order it today now I really don't know what to do. But I guess I'll wait a couple of days and see what happens.

I just sold my moped, the money are gonna fund my sand scorcher 2010. I was gonna order it today now I really don't know what to do. But I guess I'll wait a couple of days and see what happens.

You gonna ride to work on your 2010 SS? :P

Yes I made a trailer to sit on. I guess i need a sportstuned and a diet.

So typical I been trying to sell my moped to fund a ss2010 for a while and when I finally do this happens, I hope the airspace clears out very soon. ( I know this is a luxury problem).

Willy, are you intentionall pulling our chain ? :P Jamaica is in New York State US lol!

I currently have parts on the way from what according to the ebay seller is germany, but in fact is Hong Kong ;) The german is bad quality, the postage time matches that of Hong Kong, and so does the price tag B)

I also ordered parts in the UK recently. I can post here when they arrive and with what kind of delay if anyone's interested? :P

Willy, are you intentionall pulling our chain ? ;) Jamaica is in New York State US lol!

Really mon? Have no idea, never been there B)

My only contact with friends living in US have been classmates who witnessed 9/11 fullview,

and another couple who stayed overlooking Battery Park (= no nitros or gassers? :( )

What about "Austria" though... :P ...another suburb of NY or slightly closer to Germany!?

Anyhoo... ITS MADE IT OUT OF THE FUG!!! :D

Detailed Results:

Out of Foreign Customs, April 19, 2010, 11:54 am, AUSTRALIA

Into Foreign Customs, April 19, 2010, 11:38 am, AUSTRALIA

Arrived Abroad, April 19, 2010, 11:38 am, AUSTRALIA

Depart From Transit Office of Exchange, April 14, 2010, 9:28 am

Arrival at Transit Office From Exchange, April 13, 2010, 12:35 pm, AUSTRIA

Arrival

International Dispatch, April 11, 2010, 10:31 am, FOREIGN CENTERJERSEY CITY NJ 099

Shipment Accepted; April 05, 2010, 2:28 pm, JAMAICA, NY 11430

Electronic Shipping Info Received, April 03, 2010

I have a slight suspicion ;) all those "empty test flights" weren't really empty, just no passengers but probably full of mail & uninsured cargo.

Just had word from Junfac - the South Korean postal service are refusing parcels bound for Europe now ;)

On the plus side, the Iron Man 2 soundtrack I ordered from Play last week just arrived from Jersey :P

Maybe Top Gear caused the eruption...

i just knew that towbar dunny was a baaaad idea..! :P

Now who on earth is " Richard Clarkson " ......

Dang those TG guys !

does that mean more ash in the sky? or has the wind changed to blow it all away from Heathrow... like the weatherman predicted :angry:

no sign of the Von Trapps at LPO today though :)

Label/Receipt Number: CG06 4238 243U S

Class: Priority Mail International Parcels

Service(s): International Parcels

Your item cleared customs in AUSTRALIA at 11:54 AM on April 19, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Out of Foreign Customs, April 19, 2010, 11:54 am, AUSTRALIA

Into Foreign Customs, April 19, 2010, 11:38 am, AUSTRALIA

Arrived Abroad, April 19, 2010, 11:38 am, AUSTRALIA

Depart From Transit Office of Exchange, April 14, 2010, 9:28 am

Arrival at Transit Office From Exchange, April 13, 2010, 12:35 pm, AUSTRIA

Arrival

International Dispatch, April 11, 2010, 10:31 am, FOREIGN CENTERJERSEY CITY NJ 099

Shipment Accepted; April 05, 2010, 2:28 pm, JAMAICA, NY 11430

Electronic Shipping Info Received, April 03, 2010

Just so everyone is clear, Jamaica, NY is in Queens and is where JFK International Airport is located. Willy's package was probably scanned there before it left the USA. On a side note, I can't believe we're talking about Willy's "package". Seems kinda redundant. :angry:

On a side note, I can't believe we're talking about Willy's "package". Seems kinda redundant. :angry:

OO-ER :) Just a side thought,this isnt going to be used by tamiya`s importers to hike the prices again is it?