super gripper

Unofficial Tamiyaclub South Meet 5th June

There will be an unofficial Tamiyaclub South meet at Titchfield Off Road Club on Saturday 5th of June

The track is near Southampton so this would be a TC SOUTH meet/event.

No Kidderminster anymore :( , so this is an event I would like to run hopefully 3 times a year...... :P .....

Its an all astro track so off road cars, trucks, mini's and rally cars

All day event starting at 9am, please be there as early as you can. 8 ish would be good

link for the club, directions, pictures etc. http://www.torchracing.org.uk/

It will be £5 per person (it doesn't matter if you run one car or ten), all money goes to the club.

You do not have to be a BRCA member but its great if you are B)

doesn't have to be Tamiya cars.................just NO nitro as they will kill the track............no exceptions!

I am hoping to have some fun races split into classes, we have got to have a Lunchbox/Pumpkin race..... ;) ......!

This date has been set on request of Tamiyaclub members :D

This is aimed at a fun days racing, we will have the track to ourselves all day.

Bring any cars you have to sell or trade, spares etc

make sure you bring some lunch

please let me know if you are interested, any questions please ask...............

There will be an unofficial Tamiyaclub South meet at Titchfield Off Road Club on Saturday 5th of June

The track is near Southampton so this would be a TC SOUTH meet/event.

No Kidderminster anymore :( , so this is an event I would like to run hopefully 3 times a year...... :) .....

Its an all astro track so off road cars, trucks, mini's and rally cars

All day event starting at 9am, please be there as early as you can. 8 ish would be good

link for the club, directions, pictures etc. http://www.torchracing.org.uk/

It will be £5 per person (it doesn't matter if you run one car or ten), all money goes to the club.

You do not have to be a BRCA member but its great if you are B)

doesn't have to be Tamiya cars.................just NO nitro as they will kill the track............no exceptions!

I am hoping to have some fun races split into classes, we have got to have a Lunchbox/Pumpkin race..... :lol: ......!

This date has been set on request of Tamiyaclub members :D

This is aimed at a fun days racing, we will have the track to ourselves all day.

Bring any cars you have to sell or trade, spares etc

make sure you bring some lunch

please let me know if you are interested, any questions please ask...............

Sounds fun, could have a Short course truck race as well

It seems like it'll be a cracking day, though not sure if I can make it yet. As it's a fun race can Wild Willy's also join in on the VLB+Pumpkin race :)

It seems like it'll be a cracking day, though not sure if I can make it yet. As it's a fun race can Wild Willy's also join in on the VLB+Pumpkin race :lol:

Everybody is welcome

Wild willy's can join in :)

It would be brilliant to have as many people and cars as we can

Everybody is welcome

Wild willy's can join in B)

It would be brilliant to have as many people and cars as we can

Is there a travel lodge or something nearby? If I can make it, I will be traveling from Kent

Is there a travel lodge or something nearby? If I can make it, I will be traveling from Kent

Ok there is a few. Please check out the link.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_boo...p;search=Search

Please copy and paste.

MORE INFORMATION

We now have a porta loo on site B)

If you ( the tamiyaclub member) want this as a 2 day event I NEED TO KNOW PLEASE

THE RACING IS NOT STRUCTURED.............ITS JUST FOR FUN! please do not be put 'off' by the word 'racing' :D

Sounds like this is going to be a fun day!! Lets hope the weather will be kind to us!!!!

Lets see you all there!!

Ant

This is a great club and track so Im sure it will be an excellent day. I will definitely be there. It would be great to get lots of vintage Tamiya cars together as well as the more modern racers. It would be so good to see an Avante, Egress, Dyna Storm and Top Force racing each other..... oh and a Thundershot, Terra Scorcher and Thunderdragon.....oh and a Hotshot, Boomerang and a BigWig, you get the idea...:-)

Looking forward to it, fingers crossed for the weather...:-)

Lee.

Well i'll be running anything i can get moving mate as per the norm for me. TRF501X, lunchbox, super astute, top force evo, dyna blaster, TXT-1, Maybe the dyna storm and the misses will run the tigger lunchbox and the terra tigger and maybe her HPI RS4 MT that will be tiggered in some way.

Will be nice to have fun again like we used to do at kiddy

Since it's not far from Poole, My Girlfreind and I will make an appearance. We been bringing 2 Pumpkins down, An SRB, Blitzer Beetle, Manta Ray, and a DF03. I should also be bringing down lots of new spares and be thinning down my collection, so some cars be up for sale. Lets just hope the weathers great

Since it's not far from Poole, My Girlfreind and I will make an appearance. We been bringing 2 Pumpkins down, An SRB, Blitzer Beetle, Manta Ray, and a DF03. I should also be bringing down lots of new spares and be thinning down my collection, so some cars be up for sale. Lets just hope the weathers great

Looking like we will have a reasonable turn out so far. Some people travelling from up north too. The club has been busy improving the track and making the pitting area bigger.

I think half the fun will be running what you want. I think there is a definite need for a proper vintage Tamiya meet and this could be the start of it. As Kevinthegerbil suggested I think this will be an excellent opportunity to buy sell and trade any spare parts, cars or RC stuff people have lying around as well as a great chance for some fun racing. I will bring a selection of cars and my camera. I am hoping we can get some great photos with lots of precious Tamiya plastic around:-)

Fingers crossed on the weather.....

Lee.

Only a couple of weeks to the meet now, anybody else fancy turning up ? :)

Any questions people?

There will be a commitee member selling wheels and tyres on the day for those that might require tyres for asto. :(

I have plenty of things to trade and sell as does quite a few people so thats good.

For those of you that will be coming please bring your lunch............there is a local pub in the village if people want hot food.

Lots of fun racing all day................ :D

I've been dropping a few hints to the missus about the meet up and think it should be alright to come along. Looking forward to having a drive around a proper race track, it's gotta be more fun than driving around my garden :) I'll bring along my Baldre, Wild Willy 2 and a Tamtech Buggy Champ. Only worried that I don't have enough batteries, but fret not I'll bring my camera along and take some pics.

Come on guys don't be put off that it's a race track, add your name to the list, it's only going to be a bit of fun.

Hope to see you all there,

:(

I've been dropping a few hints to the missus about the meet up and think it should be alright to come along. Looking forward to having a drive around a proper race track, it's gotta be more fun than driving around my garden :blink: I'll bring along my Baldre, Wild Willy 2 and a Tamtech Buggy Champ. Only worried that I don't have enough batteries, but fret not I'll bring my camera along and take some pics.

Come on guys don't be put off that it's a race track, add your name to the list, it's only going to be a bit of fun.

Hope to see you all there,

:)

Great you can make it.......thats good news :D

When people arrive I will make a list of the cars they wish to run and take frequencys. ( there will be no turning on in the pits unless you are 2.4 gig )

I am hoping to have it so we run a 5 minute fun race about every 20 mins, this then should give people enough time to get their car ready > change battery etc.

I always take my charger with me to charge from a 12v car battery, I will have a spare charger with me so If they bring a 12v I will charge batteries for people thats no probs B)

There will be a set lunch time for people to natter, trade etc and eat obviously

Lets hope the weather is good so we can have a good day.

Link for the directions to the track again >

http://www.torchracing.org.uk/Contacts.htm

I will be taking lots of pictures too, anyone going to make a video ???

Next weekend is coming up fast. I am hoping to have my 501x, Lunchbox, DT02, Terrascorcher, Buggy Champ and possibly my Astute in runnable condition. I just want to enter every race really :lol: I was wondering about bringing down a couple of classic Tamiya cars that I wont run. It might provide some interest and provide an oppurtunity for some photos. As Lee was hinting I might be persuaded to bring my old video camera too. It would be good to put a few exploits up on TC.

Look forward to seeing everyone there and putting some faces to some usernames :)

The weather is looking very good for tomorrow...........

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/tomorr...sp?zipcode=so32

Is anybody else looking to come down tomorrow for some fun friendly racing?

Depending on numbers I am hoping to run modern 2 and 4wd, vintage 2 and 4wd and Lunchbox/Pumpkin race with some willy's thrown in for even more laugh's !

Pretty much all ready to roll tomorrow :) Will have my generaator with me if anyone requires mains charging :D

Ant

Just like to thank Lee (Super Gripper)for a great days fun and games!! Was great to meet up with all that managed to make it!

Ant

Just like to thank Lee (Super Gripper)for a great days fun and games!! Was great to meet up with all that managed to make it!

Ant

It was a good days racing/running and thank you to the people that turned up

Ant88

Kevinthegrerbil

WW-nut

Evoman

Primenumber

and me obviously super gripper

Hopefully I can get another meet organised for the end of July beginning of August

We managed to get some excellent photo's and possibly a video.............

It was good to see some famililar faces and some new ones