HomerJHandley

Falcon Mods : What Are Available?

Just wondering if anyone has a good list of available mods for the old Falcon?

I already have the Thorpe drive shaft/cups, but notice there are braces on ebay for the front (do these work?) and probably other odds and sods?

so does anyone have a list of available mods?

ta

Since you're lucky enough to have the Thorp hopup you've got that area sorted already. I've had to make do with the beefed up crp dogbones and standard cups, although I haven't lost one yet.

There are a few hopups available on teamcrp's website, one of which is probably the front brace you've seen. It's well known that the Falcon's biggest Achilles heel is the front end of the chassis, so the brace is a must in my opinion. It has certainly saved my Falcon from some serious damage. 100% recommended.

There are a few modified Falcons, including mine, in this recent thread -

www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56126

Martyn

Just a +1 for the CRP front brace. Had the font end on my Falcon just come away more than once, and none of my home made repairs or solutions really did the job properly until I found out about that and got one.

Never looked back since. I'd almost say that if you prep a Falcon for a runner, the CRP brace is almost more important than ballracing it :angry:

Just a +1 for the CRP front brace. Had the font end on my Falcon just come away more than once, and none of my home made repairs or solutions really did the job properly until I found out about that and got one.

Never looked back since. I'd almost say that if you prep a Falcon for a runner, the CRP brace is almost more important than ballracing it :angry:

there are 2 on ebay, one appears to be around £17 and the other £4, but both say they are branded CRP? surely it cant be that much difference in price, so unless one is a replica or the other is basing the price on it being a 'vintage' car?

Also i assume its the lower brace you are talking about as well as i have seen an upper brace on here?

Yeah it is the lower one. I ordered mine direct from CRP. www.teamcrp.net - don't think it was that dear, and it came fairly quickly.

When i get round to rebuilding my Falcon i`m planning on fitting the back end off of half a Blitzer beetle i`ve got, and re-attaching the yellow bars so that it looks all original. That should sort any drive shaft problems. Back in the day on my old Falcon i used to pack out the gearbox output drive shaft cups with washers until i had enough money to buy new ones. :)