mikef350

Mountain Bike Fans?

is there any mountain bike fans on here?iam into retro'ish mountain bikes i have a 1998 orange o2 :P

I got a Specialized Stumpjumper fsr Expert 2008. I've had a few MTBs over the years. Recently sold my GT I-Drive 2.0 and Diamondback Zetec 4.2. The Diamondback was from either 1997 or 1998.

cool.i just sold my gt idrive xcr4000 great bikes.i also have a 96 gt zaskar i am planning on getting rid of my orange and getting a tamiya tank

I have two, a hard tail and a fully both on a handmade frame from NICOLAI, a German manufacturer.

I drive Rohloff 14-speed integrated hubs in both of them. Never lost a chain anymore, never broke a derailleur. Shifting during driving and when standing still is possible.

The hard tail is sufficient for home hills, and the fully I use in vacation at the lake Garda, the southern arms of the Dolomites (northern Italy).

Forks are from Sram (Rockshox), and the damper is a 5th element. Disc brakes from Magura (Germany).

I try to support the national manufacturers as much as I can - ok, the rims are from Swizzerland (DT-Swiss)

Both bikes have been built to last - so I chose the components resulting in:

[*]hardtail turning 12years this year

[*]fully turning 9years this year

Both rear hubs have the age of the frame - never had to change parts.

Just one inspection after 5 years changing some gaskets and the oil filling.

I am 42 now and I don't think I will ever need to buy a new MTB frame in my life....

I've got a Kona Scrap, fourth Kona I've owned (can you guess I like them??)

Basically it's a hardtail dirtjump/freeride bike, it's got Marzocchi Dirt Jam Pro forks

and Shimano Disc brakes, lovely to ride but I'll never use it to it's full potential

I really wanted the Kona Stinky but couldn't justify spending £1300 so had to make do with

the £650 Scrap, the mrs still thought I was mad to 'spend that much money on a push bike!!'

I was, but I have a new job that doesn't really allow me to as easy as before. This is my NRS1 although I have silver Mavic Crossmax wheelsets now.

p3060001fr0.jpg