TIMtam

Ezrun Brushless System Problem

i have just put mu 5.5t brushless ezrun motor into my df03, i set the speed controtter up as per the instructions but the motor only stutters forwards and backwards.

i took the motor out of the car and it still did the same thing

hope someone can help

thanks

mike

i have just put mu 5.5t brushless ezrun motor into my df03, i set the speed controtter up as per the instructions but the motor only stutters forwards and backwards.

i took the motor out of the car and it still did the same thing

hope someone can help

thanks

mike

1) Check your battery is fully charged. (this is the most important thing).

2) check your esc is not set for a voltage cut-off (if not running lipo) or check that the cut-off is set to 3.2v is running lipo.

its probably 1, if you have old dodgy batteries you are best to buy some new ones (or try someone elses) if the above 2 things have been tried.

Qatmix mentioned the most important and most simple stuff to check. I'd also check if you have the right gearing, and if your radio isn't conflicting with the ESC somehow.

Also, I have a brushless setup from Team Losi that has problems with accelerating from a standstill. Once the motor is rotating though (by for example giving the car a small push) it runs perfectly :mellow: This is most likely a construction/production malfunction of the device as I checked everything with the setup and I use a decent (NiMh) battery. It might be worth to check if you have a same sort of problem.

Also make sure all connections are correct and working including your battery ( a frey wire or poor solder). My 5.5t stutterd on hard power as my NiMh cells diddnt have enough draw to keep up with the demand of the motor so i bought some yeah racing lipos and dont really use my NiMh anymore and its awesomly quick :-). Also make sure you have good high amp connecters, i use 4mm goldplated bullet connectors (100A) (bigger versons of the ones used on the three wires that connects the motor to the ESC) to allow good flow of juice.

i'm using the trx connectors with 3300 nimh batteries

ill try altering the punch and see if it works

thanks for the replies

3300 NiMHs may not be enough to feed it, especially if they're a few yrs old &/or not namebrand (Sanyo or GP) NiMH

3300 NiMHs may not be enough to feed it, especially if they're a few yrs old &/or not namebrand (Sanyo or GP) NiMH

thanks im starting to think that 2 now, im using vapex batteries and had them for about a year or so???

i turned the punch setting down to 1 and there is no voltage cut off

thanks for your help

yea typipcal yumcha brand (eg anything with opaque shrinkwrap where you can't see the cells :) )

stickpacks won't have topgrade cells inside &/or have high-resistance spotwelded tab connections

- they'd be on par with whats chucked into RTR kitboxes 'free' for package deals.

Some can barely support the EZRUN 9T (smaller than 540 motor).