AmericanSpeed

Wtb "shift Arm" For 3 Spd: Bruiser, Mountaineer

Just picked up a project truck - Bruiser. Looking to re-activate the 3 spd selector - but need the arm - set screw on one hole, guide hole in other end. I've never seen one in person, so I don't know it it is metal or plastic.

It connects to the shifting servo with a ball/socket connector.

I've looked online at a site and found one "used" but never got a response when asking. If someone has one that can give me dimensions, I can just make my own (not restoring, just re-building).

Found an image of what it looks like online

post-19679-1272331667_thumb.jpg

Thanks

it is made of metal... bronze collar & stamped steel plate

wouldn't be hard to make it yourself... just need something like a dubro collar stuck to the flat plate;

use a ballstud instead of grubscrew for the collar - the servo rod mounts to the ballstud

stamped plate looks like something out of a meccano set... or just omit, imho it dun do much anyway.

Its main role is probably to 'lock' the 3spd into 1 of the 3 positions via the threaded rod it rides on & 2 nuts,

which isn't any use when you use a servo.

so yeah, just a collar with ballstud of correct thread size to go into the collar's screw hole ;)

Sounds good - thanks for the info. I'm thinking of just an aluminum solid rod, drill for through hole and then set screw/ball stud.

I was wondering if the arm reaching over to the other post was a stablizer of sorts - like if the gears were likely to jam if the shift rod gets cocked.

I'll see what I can come up with - thanks. I found one for $18, but time can be cheaper than dollars (at least in my mind).

Thanks