bossgrabber1970

Is It Wrong To Post Your Personal Car In The Showroom?

hello everyone. i usually don't chat unless something has either got me thinking or very upset. this time, it something that made me very upset. after having my personal car in the shop for 3 weeks, i finally got it running and decided to post a pic of it to add to my showroom. after posting this pic, a fellow "member" decided to email me and basically told me that he was tired of seeing pics of my supra and i should join a supra forum and also ranting that he pays fees so he wouldn't be bothered with things like that. as a paying member myself, i felt like if this was a problem to post pics of your favorite items, r/c rlated or not, you have the right to display what you love and in my case, i'm a toyota supra fan and i also have made a r/c model of my car and it's in my showroom too. i see post of everything to planes, boats, personal cars and everything in between and i have no problem with it whatsoever!!! i enjoy seeing the different post that people add everyday and i have nothing negative to say about any of it. while i value personal opinions, some things should not be said especially if someone say they are sick of seeing pics of personal cars. in fact if it wasn't for some of the cars that were built, we wouldn't be able to enjoy them in r/c form. that's my rant and rave for tonight....

I would suggest reporting the person that compained.

A subscribed user has the option to hide pictures that are not relevent to what they want to see. If they have not done this, they obviously wanted to see the picture.

I would make sure you had listed it correctly though, as you could be classed as breaking the rules? if listing a real car under the none real car category (I assume one exists)

I think the original intention of the 'real car/reference' heading was to be used to store reference pics for forthcoming projects.

However, so many people have used the 'real car' part of the heading to store pics of 1:1s of any description, that it's become just that, a 1:1 photo gallery.

Not my thing really, it's easier to find a pic of a specific 1:1 car on google than it is to find it on TC, but there ya go.

As Tipsy has said, in the member details on their TC frontpage, they can filter out real cars if they so wish, so providing you've categorised it correctly, they have nothing to complain about.

As for posting pics of items of favorite items, R/C or not, you may find some of them do get removed, this is a website predominantly for RC related entries, not random pics of just anything (although TCPhotos is handy for that :rolleyes: )

Whilst I think it's a bit rich for someone to email you personally and have a rant, we do have to remember that this is primarily an RC club, and in some ways I can see the chaps point about suggesting you join a club specifically for Supras, or performance Toyotas.

The only thing I'll add to that, is that if you have an RC car of your 1:1, and you've used your 1:1 as the reference point for that, then I don't see the problem with it.

I have a diesel powered 2003 VW Passat estate. And I love it. I'm pretty sure that unless I was using it as a reference for a model project I was working on, not one single TC member could care less about seeing a picture of it :rolleyes:

Whilst I do remember posting such things promotes a feeling of "community" which is a good thing, I do think you've got to draw the line somewhere.

thanks for the comments. as for the car i have, it actually reference a model that is in my showroom that i thought i would recreate for my personal use. since i love supras, i made one in r/c with a ta03r trf kit and a abc hobby supra body. it turned out good and i'm very proud of the work i put in either r/c or real cars. i thought it was kind of rude for this "member" to contact me without looking at my showroom and stating he's tired of seeing things like that posted. i don't post anything unless it's r/c related, i have better things to do than to post pics that are no where related to what i do or have. thanks for all the comments.

I'd mail him back and tell him to stick it...

My sentiments would have been much the same.

@ SteelRat,

I DEFINITELY don't want to see your car anywhere, as it is what the local Police use to chase me on the local racetracks (OK, well they call them roads) and I am used to seeing them in my rearview mirror.

Keep that car out of the club :blink:

On topic, I think the op has a point, this might be an RC forum, but the likelihood that members' interests cross with cars of normal scale is more likely than with, say, DJ equipment, or farm machinery (although there are some Belgians I know for whom that floats their boats.)

The management seems to tolerate a certain amount of real car reference with personal vehicles and I think especially if you actually have a scale model for us to compare to your rig, it is a legitimate entry and I must sympathise with the annoyance of having people sending you unsolicited emails, as I used to get them all the time (until I stopped listing models, that is!)

Paul.

i like the toyota supras

they are on my list of cars to own before i die!!

as for should you post pictures of it on an rc forum?

i guess that's up to you. personally i don't mind seeing it.

start a thread in the off topic section of the forums though - with a bunch of pics!