PaPeRo

Anyone Here Have A Ta03r With The Carbon Chassis Upgrade?

I'm looking to build a TA03R-S and was wondering if anyone has experience with the carbon chassis. I have a brand new unpainted WRC Corolla bodyset and want to build the ultimate TA03R-S for it.

there are a few chassis sets on ebay for the short chassis...

Would it be cheaper overall to locate an RS TRF kit from someone on here?

Sounds like a great project, but unless you already have most of the parts for it I imagine it'll end up being either impossible or horrendously expensive.

An RS-TRF with a Corolla bodyset would look great, maybe you could even do one of these 50% painted boxart, 50% clear paint jobs.

I have new built never run Ta03-RS with a finish Taisa Porsche GT2. Cannot tell you how good the chassis is as is one of my self queen. If interested let me know.

I'm looking to build a TA03R-S and was wondering if anyone has experience with the carbon chassis.

what do u need to know?

To CF any 03 tub kit you'll need the FRP Upgrade kit for the sprue & hardware then add the CF chassis plates.

FRP & CF sets aren't that hard to find, but it'll be a lot harder to souce all the hopup parts.

If really serious it would be better to start with a TRF set... if you don't mind the pink.

Corolla was a TA03FS i thought... got the kit here somewhere...

Thanks for the info guys.

Anyway is there a way I could buy the plastic parts from the FRP conversion separately? It seems kind of a waste to buy the whole FRP kit just to then end up replacing the FRP with carbon? Am I understanding this correctly? I already have all of the other chassis parts like geaboxes etc for a standard TA03. I just need the plate chassis and battery holder etc.

I already have a beater TA03F-S Corolla. I just want to build a really nice TA03R-S while the chassis conversion kits are still available to use with the extra bodyset.

As for the TRF set, does anyone still sell these? How much are they going for? I reckon I could build a nice TA03R-S roller for less than $200. If my options are limited I may just have to settle with a FRP chassis instead of a carbon one.

yeah about 1000 other TA03 people bought the J parts and metal fasteners before you thought of the idea B)

i bought the FRP set, nothing wrong with doing it that way...

Interesting.....

On the bench currently, I have a tonne of TA03 parts.... including the remainder of a TA03R-TRF chassis (missing a few bits), a set of TA03 F-S / R-S carbon chassis plates, and a multitude of other parts, including the plastic parts to suit the carbon chassis upgrade....

The 03R-TRF rebuild is going along nicely, apart from a missing front one-way (sourced), a very dirty front bumper (um........), and a broken chassis battery compartment 'bridge'. The new chassis plates look superb, and go really well with a www.pandagfx.com chassis protector set.....

BUT.....

On the 03F-S side, I have a conundrum..... the front gearbox mounts onto the chassis no problems, and the top plate to the 03F-S front and rear gearboxes..... but once I mount the rear gearbox, I can't mount the second battery holder bridge part! The gearbox mounts in the way!!!!

Anyone have any idea? I would prefer not to have to go to an 03R rear gearbox, suitably fettled (ie. lightened)......

I can provide pictures if needed.....

Alex

AFAIK, the F and F-S use the same rear gearbox. Are you using the right battery bridges? The F-S/R-S FRP chassis set comes with additional battery bridges to get past the rear gearbox.

If you lack those specific bridges you will have to use the TA03F Pro carbon battery plate set...

AFAIK, the F and F-S use the same rear gearbox. Are you using the right battery bridges? The F-S/R-S FRP chassis set comes with additional battery bridges to get past the rear gearbox.

If you lack those specific bridges you will have to use the TA03F Pro carbon battery plate set...

Could well be something in that..... take a look at the last pic in my showroom entry TA03 projects, which shows what I have so far.... thinking I might need the F-S bridges... maybe..... just what I need, more TA03 expense....

Alex

I just got the wheels rolling on the TA03RS project. So far I've ordered:

53387 TA03R-S/F-S FRP Chassis Conversion Set

53304 TA03R Urethane Bumper Set

50698 TA03 A Parts Gearbox

50743 TA03R B Parts Front Gear Case

53260 TA03 Hollow Carbon Gear Shaft

I'm gonna be painting all of the plastic parts white which should contrast nicely with the black FRP chassis and various anodized alloy parts. I will post some pics when I start the build.

Next order will be for TA03 alloy hop-ups from Asiatees. :)

Does anyone have the F-S/R-S chassis set instructions scanned and available, or know where they could be grabbed from? Seems I need to find out exactly which bridges these are..... although my guess would be the K5 and K6 parts...

Well, that's interesting..... just ordered one of those from eBay...

Alex

Well, that's interesting..... just ordered one of those from eBay...

Alex

It comes with four aluminium posts that are screwed to the chassis, and then the carbon plate is screwed to the posts. You attach the battery with battery tape.

It comes with four aluminium posts that are screwed to the chassis, and then the carbon plate is screwed to the posts. You attach the battery with battery tape.

I was hoping it would be different.... my problem is that the rear 03F gearbox covers up the rear battery mount holes....

Will make certain once it arrives.....

Alex

In that case you'll need the specific battery bridges. AFAIK, changing the 03F rear gearbox for a 03R rear gearbox (= 03F front gearbox) will not solve your problem, as they use exactly the same screw holes.

Just putting this out there, in case anyone missed it.....

Does anyone have the F-S/R-S chassis set instructions scanned and available, or know where they could be grabbed from? Would really like to see what I'm missing....

Alex

Relax....I think the part you need is the K parts which aren't sold separately. :lol:

For a TA03F-S battery mounting position you need K5.

TA03F-S.jpg

For A TA03R-S battery mounting position you need K6 but unlike the K5 which goes OVER the gearbox the K6 goes under it. In other words. On the TA03F-S you have K5 then gearbox then chassis plate. On the TA03R-S you have gearbox then K6 then chassis plate.

TA03R-S.jpg

i have spare k parts. i just built an 03f using 03r frp chassis kit and used the j parts for the battery holder. k parts are spare. pm me if you like.

anyone know where to find carbon battery holder?

I got mine from eBay just recently... any of the big guys (JR-RC, Tony's Tamiya, etc) should have it in stock.... just do a search on the part number...

i have spare k parts. i just built an 03f using 03r frp chassis kit and used the j parts for the battery holder. k parts are spare. pm me if you like.

You have a PM coming soon, mate!

Alex

So while I'm waiting for the Carbon plate chassis and various other alloy parts, I went ahead and installed the FRP plates on my beater TA03. Car looks so much better now even though it's just a beater. For my Carbon TA03RS conversion project I'm gonna be using the TA03Pro carbon battery holder instead of the one included with the FRP kit.

DSCF2579.jpg

DSCF2580.jpg

DSCF2578.jpgDSCF2583.jpg

Shouldn't you use the smaller TA-03R front gearbox, or does the body that you have in mind fit over a TA-03F rear gearbox in the front?

Shouldn't you use the smaller TA-03R front gearbox, or does the body that you have in mind fit over a TA-03F rear gearbox in the front?

Oh this is just my beater TA03 so I didn't want to buy a TA03R front gearbox to make it a "proper" TA03R. I just swapped the front/rear gearboxes of the TA03F and called it a day. The original Corolla body still fits since both F/R gearboxes on a TA03F have the same height.

For my new Carbon TA03R project which I haven't started buidling yet still need more parts, I'll be using a proper front TA03R gearbox + carbon plates + carbon battery plate etc.