I'm hoping someone else here can shed some light on what I am experiencing. I have set to work on building my CR-01 kit and ran in to an issue with the axle and differential assembly. I installed all of the parts in to the axle (diff, driveshafts, etc) and locked the diffs, but when turning the axles it isn't super smooth. It seems kind of noisy. I used plenty of grease and disassembled and reassembled three times and it didn't get any better. It also seems that the axle housing is almost too small for the diff. Did anyone else experience tight tolerances between the diff and the axle housing?

If someone who has built one or more of these can let me know if what I am experiencing is normal, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mark

When built, sometimes the cr-01 axles feel notchy.

Best advice I can give is to run them in either on a cordless drill or putting 4-5 volts through the motor with the axles hooked upto the transmission.

G'day Mark,

yep, same issue here. I assembled/disassembled/shimmed until i decided it wasn't me, it was the casting.

Have it up and running now and can't see any problems with the diffs.

Bit of a shame as i like htings running ultra smooth, but not a big deal in a crawler I suppose!?

Rob.

Thanks guys. I appreciate your input. I have moved forward with the project. Hope to have it up and running soon.

Mark

Yes it is a little notchy at first. Mine runs just fine though. If it doesn't stick I won't worry to much about it.

Henk B)