TWINSET

New Competition - Mad Max

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/awards.asp

VOTING IS NOW OPEN

please search for 'vote' or 'voting' before asking how - I'm on a phone until my broadband gets connected so copying screenshots etc. is beyond my current level of patience :(

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !

Mad Max If you are too young to remember this film then go check it out on IMDB.com - then go rent it.

To enter a model into this competition you just have to enter one image of a model or models shot in a way that was inspired by this film.

Thats a deliberately vague brief and can cover, among other things, from cars that were in the film, cars that looked like they should have been in the film, sand rails, buggies, polic cars, motor bikes, to recreation of chase scenes or jumps etc. you don't have to modify you models by wrapping them in barbed wire and adding guns, although of course you can.

I can't control how people vote but I would ask them to vote for those that get into the spirit of the theme.

A shot in the australian desert my be nice and closer to the film, but equally a great shot taken, in an urban area of a great model, dirtied up and look mean still fits the brief and might be a better shot with more effort gone into it.

Obviously no pre built Mad Max cars or scenes can be entered.

Theme specific rules:

• Only one photo can be entered.
  • The model must not be an official Mad Max kit or model
  • The photo must be inspired by the film trilogy Mad Max
  • The pictures must be in your showroom (no external links)
  • The pictures must not have been used in a competition before
  • It may help your entry if your description includes a little background info
  • You may use paint packages to crop, rotate, sharpen, enhance colours etc but your cannot use them to make the model look like it is somewhere it is not or to add additional elements beyond borders or text
  • You need to enter a car into the competition before end of the Monday 31st May
  • You must vote by Sunday 13th June.

General rules:

• You must have taken the photo or it be of one of your models and have permission to use it.
  • You must vote if you want to be in with a chance of winning yourself.

You first entry is your final entry, you cannot change you mind or enter a different item later (even if you entered the wrong thing by mistake)

Its up to YOU to make sure your entry complies. If we see any which we do not feel complies they will be removed.

We will attempt to contact you about this but this cannot be garaunteed, so you are responsible to check your entry is still there as the closing date approaches.

If you entry is removed you will be welcome to enter a different photo.

AS ALWAYS, ONCE YOU'VE ENTERED, PLEASE CHECK YOUR ENTRY APPEARS ON THE COMPETITION PAGE - IF IT DOESN'T YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG!

Unless you see the message "Your showroom item has now been entered into the competition. Please be sure to check out the other entrants." you're not entered.

As before, the entry system will only allow single photo entries, so make sure the pic you want to enter is on it's own, in it's own showroom entry (add a new entry if necessary)

Oh come on! Couldn't you have waited till I wasn't broke? *shakes fist* :unsure:

I'm in the same boat - absolutely skint :unsure:

The Mad Max theme is so specific (niche almost) that unless you already have a post apocalyptic vehicle in a your collection a new car would have to be built and built appropriately and like I said, I certainly don't have the money for that right now, nor do I have the modelling skills.

No, sadly I'll have to sit this one out and hope the next comp subject is a bit more inclusive and more about the composition of the shot than the type of vehicle.

I think you should read again: "To enter a model into this competition you just have to enter one image of a model or models shot in a way that was inspired by this film.

Thats a deliberately vague brief and can cover, among other things, from cars that were in the film, cars that looked like they should have been in the film, sand rails, buggies, polic cars, motor bikes, to recreation of chase scenes or jumps etc. you don't have to modify you models by wrapping them in barbed wire and adding guns, although of course you can."

If imagination costs money then you're in trouble. If you don't have any models fit for the theme you have to use other ways using the light, sand, wind, speed or whatever makes you think of the movie. If people vote as Twinset wish Posting a model not Mad Maxed enough should just place you in a lover position.

I'm I not right?

Funny,

This would be a great comp IF Seth (Wyoming) hadn't just finished his incredible SRB that just won the TamiyaUSA SRB comp. Now I just spent 4 hours trying to think of anyway possible to out do his amazing build and photos. What did I come up with.. nothing, nada, zip.

So unless I get struck by a genius idea whilst taking a bath, I don't know what to do ?:)

So good luck guys, Seth set the bar super high. I am looking forward to what the other members can do to beat it :)

James.

I live in Mad Max country red soil drought conditions and I am scratching for ideas as well :)

But thats what makes it all the more interesting if it were easy it would not be as much fun "Think outside the square"

Stuart.

Oh boy! This will be fun...

I have always liked the Mad Max trilogy! My post-apocalyptic hilux has been a pile of parts for a long time awaiting a complete rebuild. This has me motivated to actually get working on it! :)

I was watching "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome" the other day (was on ITV3 of all channels lol) and I just figured mount a small tina turner doll on a javelin with a bit f chicken wire and hey presto a mad max theme, 3 problems tho, I dont have a Javelin anymore (not a built one anyway!) nor do I own a tina turner doll (not that im admitting to anyway LMAO) plus my camera is with Olympus having some repairs done so that counts me out of this one too. :)

Saw on TV yesterday morning that they're making MM4 with Charlize Theron and some bloke that was in Clash Of The Titans :)

Saw on TV yesterday morning that they're making MM4 with Charlize Theron and some bloke that was in Clash Of The Titans :)

You know what? I approve. Mel certainly won't be able to reprise the role without being all doddering. Charlize, while being very nice to look at is also very good at avoiding being the Damsel Scrappy in movies. Add to that the fact that the guy from Clash Of The Titans was also in Terminator Salvation and the protagonist in Avatar (and is actually Australian!) and I think MM4 has good potential.

You know what? I approve. Mel certainly won't be able to reprise the role without being all doddering

Perhaps they'll call it Grumpy Max then :)

Mad Max 4 - Beyond Zimmer Frame

Theme tune; "We don't need another hip bone, we don't even know the way home"

Perhaps they'll call it Grumpy Max then :)

Mad Max 4 - Beyond Zimmer Frame

Theme tune; "We don't need another hip bone, we don't even know the way home"

LOL

Plot = Taking over rest homes for mobility scooter electric batteries????

LOL

Plot = Taking over rest homes for mobility scooter electric batteries????

Great, now my co-workers think I'm crazy due to my sudden laughter.... :)

Great, now my co-workers think I'm crazy due to my sudden laughter.... :)

Name all your pens then organise them in alphabetical order - that helps with the crazy theory too (especially if you throw one across the room for being naughty every now and then)

Sharpening pencils and screaming IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD is also another winner

Name all your pens then organise them in alphabetical order - that helps with the crazy theory too (especially if you throw one across the room for being naughty every now and then)

Sharpening pencils and screaming IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD is also another winner

That may be the funniest thing I've ever read. Solid glittering gold, all of it.

Also, now I have to listen to the Thunderdome soundtrack (good thing it's on my iPod :) )

QUICK REMINDER:

DON'T ADD MORE PHOTOS TO A COMP ENTRY ONCE IT'S ENTERED, THE COMP ENTRY MUST ONLY CONTAIN ONE PHOTO.

Unfortunately, there's no way of stopping more photos being added after entry, but any entries that have extra pics added will be removed from the comp - it's up to entrants to read the rules AND remember them

Although i don't take part at this competition let me say just one thing:

it's very difficult this time to vote for one of the pictures as there are soo many GREAT competitors who did simply an awesome job and effort this time! When i first read about the theme "Madmax" i didn't expect such a various amout of great ideas and i'm totally surprised in a good way!

AWESOME JOB,LADIES-keep 'em coming:-)

VOTING IS NOW OPEN

please search for 'vote' or 'voting' before asking how - I'm on a phone until my broadband gets connected so copying screenshots etc. is beyond my current level of patience :lol:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !

please search for 'vote' or 'voting' before asking how - I'm on a phone until my broadband gets connected so copying screenshots etc. is beyond my current level of patience :blink:

Go to http://www.tamiyaclub.com/awards.asp, click on the thumbnail of the entry you want to win, select "1st best", then click on "Rate this item then click here". Repeat for "2nd best" and "3rd best". Simples :)

Congratulations Stuart! Well deserved win and a top entry. Enjoy that nice prize :)