Davecul

Shock Absorbers For Manta Ray

Hello

Even though there has been a re-release of this kit, I'm really struggling to find parts for the shock absorbers for the semi-basket case I brought from eBay.

It has two complete shocks and two that are missing the central metal rod, the rubber seals and the round caps at the bottom.

Is there a part number that I should search for that is compatible (it's isn't going to be a shelf queen)?

I've tried the numbers from the manual (for the original release) but to no avail!

The only other bits it needs are the front red uprights, but they are nice and easy to get.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,

Dave

The current equivalent set to those parts is 50520 Tamiya CVA Short Shock Unit II, although not the cheapest at around £20-£25 per set (2 shocks)

The caps come as part of the shock body sprue, 0225035 Tamiya Y Parts x1 for 58051, the remaining parts are from Tamiya 9405617 Damper Bag For 58087.

Assuming you're in the UK, Goldstartstockists and Fusion Hobbies list both of those parts, a quick Google will turn up a few other too.

If this is for a runner, you're better off using either Sleeved dampers, hi-cap dampers, or some of the new TRF dampers for the DF-02/DF-03. The yellow plastic dampers are very easy to overtighten, and will leak once that has happened (In two words: they suck).

Thanks to both you guys for the advice.

I've been looking at Goldstar and as I have an Ansmann Master Smacker and know that the shocks are not bad considering the price, I think I'm going to try and get the right size Aluminium Ansmann ones from their site. Going to drop them a mail as it doesn't say if the measurements are of the springs or of the entire shock length.

Cheers,

Dave