kaiser

Tamiya Club Members In The Usa

i'm envious of the uk members. they have alot of clubs and tamiya races. we here in the states don't have alot of tamiya fans.

i hoping we could find out how many tc members are in the states and in what state.

maybe we could get something going on this side of the pond.

so tc club usa members post your location and what you'd like to see happen.

i'll start:

my name is pete and i live in torrington connecticut.

i used to race but got out of it. now i only collect and bash tamiyas, mostly vintage.

there is a vintage race here in ct on sept 16th - 19th in waterbury ct. they only do this once a year.

there's an entry level class for anything that wasn't race bread and a heavy metal class.

link to rctech thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/3...onals-rchr.html

link to rc10talk thread:

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=15120

i'd like to see more events like that.

Yeah I'm with you on that. I was just thinking to myself that a majority of the members on here seem to be form UK and Australia. I live in Southern Cali, (Just moved from Cambridge, MA) and about the only thing I know of is a track in Huntington Beach which costs $15 to use and the Tamiya HQ in Aliso Viejo where it's free to race on Saturdays. Other than that, I don't know of much

hey......from indiana(on lake michigan beach)...i've raced in the early 80's..had my share of cars/trucks..and there is nobody from around this area to goof around with and bash some tamiya's...so maybe this thread could bring some of us together alittle bit..

that's what i'm hoping for.

even if this thread only helps a few connect it will have been worht it. B)

I'm in Nothern California. You have to realize that it's pretty easy for the UK folk to have a meet and get good turnout. Reason is that all of England is roughly 1/3 the size of just California and 1/75 the size of the USA.

I'm in So Cal. Also known as r/c car Mecca. ;)

My local shop is Pegasus Hobbies. I work in Media City (Burbank, CA) and live in the beautiful suburb of Rancho Cucamonga. (I've heard all the jokes there are about RC, so let's see if you can come up with something new.)

Shodog's right - it is much easier for the UK folks. To put it in perspective, I'm in Nortrhern New Jersey (hold your jokes for now.) :P That's about 4500 kilometers from Shodog (2800 miles). That's like driving from London to Bagdhad........

Anyway, we should figure out if any of us are geographically close to one another. I need me some bashin' buds. I'm always trying to draw more people into the hobby so I have people to bash with. I got my neighbor interested in R/C and he came home with a new toy one day (even though it was a Traxxas). Then for is b-day I gave him a Tamiya Ford F-150 (58161). **the addiction begins**. I give it 6 months and he'll be on here.

Sometimes I feel like a crack dealer.......... ;)

I'm in Nothern California. You have to realize that it's pretty easy for the UK folk to have a meet and get good turnout. Reason is that all of England is roughly 1/3 the size of just California and 1/75 the size of the USA.

TRUE, but only 1/100 of rc enthusiasts in the usa are into tamiya, the rest of them are into traxxas/hpi/losi/**insert other rtr junk here**

TRUE, but only 1/100 of rc enthusiasts in the usa are into tamiya, the rest of them are into traxxas/hpi/losi/**insert other rtr junk here**

Lucky for me, not too many around me into the vintage stuff as I got to have my way in many backrooms of local hobby shops for several years

I'm in So Cal. Also known as r/c car Mecca. ;)

My local shop is Pegasus Hobbies. I work in Media City (Burbank, CA) and live in the beautiful suburb of Rancho Cucamonga. (I've heard all the jokes there are about RC, so let's see if you can come up with something new.)

I didn't know there were other members close to my area.. I also live in SoCal and have been racing at Pegasus Hobbies for 2 years now. I also race at OC/RC in Huntington Beach (lucasan mentioned OC/RC in an earlier post). Most recently I have been trying out a track called West Coast RC Raceway in La Mirada.. All of these tracks are relatively close to each other and all of them are great for club races.

I have heard that the Pegasus track will now be maintained by a member of West Coast RC Raceway which should greatly help improve the race program and overall track conditions.. It was mostly maintained by fellow racers in the past, so the track condition (being outdoors) had its ups and downs due to weather.

How often do you guys race at the tracks?

Wow lots of people from Southern CA. I live close to Fountain Valley, CA. I have a few Tamiya cars and a couple from HPI, Ofna. Got a couple of helis and used to have a boat as well.

SoCal for me too. Costa Mesa. Used to race at SoCal RC Raceway, Huntington Beach, before they closed.

There are lot more US member as likely they have read the forum yet. The beauty of living in a BIG country is you folks have so much space and places to run and fly your RC. The down side is taxes and shipping costs. For me in HK is just the opposite. I guess one can't have the cake and eat it (run it)

Yeah the shipping cost if ordering overseas can be expensive when ordering big items, but I order most of the big items from within the US which is very cheap. In fact the shipping is free from the places where I order if your order meets the minimum total.

Montana for me.

I've met Wyoming - I'm not going to bother saying where he is from ;) - and his cousin Moondoggie.

I am also out in SoCal.

We had a couple of TC meetings a few years back. Need to get back on that ;)

James.

There was talk a while back about getting Tamiya to host a vintage day at their falicity in SoCal. Now that would be awesome. You listening Mr Anderson ;)

James.

having a tamiyaclub day at Tamiya would be killer, i'd make the trek for that.

Yeah, maybe Tamiya would ld be into that. If we had enough interst and contacted the proper people at Tamiya.

It is indeed so much easier for the UK folks... I am in the country where you don't count unless you have a big scale car, and you might count if you have a competition car, fully hopped up, and close to no vintage or semi-vintage fans...

I am talking here about (the Northern part) of the Netherlands (Yep, you read that right - As ooposed to the North, in the Southern part of the Netherlands they do seem to like RC cars, BMX, Rallying and Motorsports in general - Here in the north we do have the Circuit of Assen but it seems that it's been built in the wrong place: people here in the north in general aren't involved in any of what I named as much as they are in the South, and i'ts hard to arrange meetings whatsoever on the RC Part for the Netherlands as a whole, let alone my region).

Simply said: NEVER EVER migrate to the Netherlands if you're a big fan of RC meetings unless you have a private jet or a speedboat to carry you across the channel! B)

so far it looks like alot of guys from cali & west coast , nj hopper and baldman in jersey

i'm not far from jersey. i go to englishtown to race my vw's a few times a year.