Brooklyn Nights

Tamiya Motor Bullet Connectors....

Hi all

does anyone know what size the standard bullet type connectors are that are fitted to tamiya motors? I have 3 motors that need new leads as they have none to start with! (came with chassis I bought)

Cheers

Rich

Rich you want #50245 Snap connector set, has enough male and female connector plugs for about 4 motors/escs along with the rubber sheilds. :rolleyes:

Neil

Hi all

does anyone know what size the standard bullet type connectors are that are fitted to tamiya motors? I have 3 motors that need new leads as they have none to start with! (came with chassis I bought)

Cheers

Rich

3.9mm. Try here :rolleyes:

unless you want to set it up for aesthetic reasons this way or plan to swap your motors out often its more efficient to solder the wires directly from the ESC to the motor!

Waking this old thread, but i wonder if anyone do know the exact dimension on Tamiya's standard bullet connectors that is fitted to Tamiya motors and ESC?

inner and outer diam in mm, both the male and female plug?

The Tamiya bullet connectors are kind of oddly shaped. They do not have a consistent inner or outer diameter. They have grooves so they lock together. The female fitting is also springy so it expands. I can measure them if you would like but there will be number of different diameters. What is your plan and what measurement would be the most useful for your intentions?

• Like 1

My intention is to get some bullet connectors that i can use with the already attached connectors on Tamiya motors and esc's.

Has anyone swapped the buletts for like an xt60 between the motor and ESC?  I think I might try that on my neo fighter build.

On my mudboss racer I soldered the esc wires directly to the motor.

1 hour ago, Dan1891 said:

My intention is to get some bullet connectors that i can use with the already attached connectors on Tamiya motors and esc's.

A quick measurement with my calipers gave a hair under 4mm both ID and OD.

I should add that like most electrical connectors, these are industry standard and not a proprietary Tamiya product. They are available from many vendors. A quick Google search yielded a result for 3.9mm connectors which is likely what the Tamiya supplied connectors are.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Otis311 said:

A quick measurement with my calipers gave a hair under 4mm both ID and OD.

Great! Perfect, 4mm bullet connectors i can get at my local "Biltema" shop!!

• Like 1

I bought these 3.5mm and installed them last week

IMG_0684.png

On 3/2/2024 at 1:55 PM, F-150 said:

Has anyone swapped the buletts for like an xt60 between the motor and ESC?  I think I might try that on my neo fighter build.

On my mudboss racer I soldered the esc wires directly to the motor.

I have the motor on my XV01 set up with a Deans connector. XT60 should work.

37 minutes ago, cstorckiii said:

I have the motor on my XV01 set up with a Deans connector. XT60 should work.

If anyone decides to go this way, may I make a suggestion that you use a different type connector for the esc/motor then you do for the esc/battery?  In other words, if you currently use an XT60 on all your batteries, I'd use a Deans on the motor/esc so you don't mistakenly plug the wrong thing in on the bench some day.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, OnTheTrail said:

if you currently use an XT60 on all your batteries, I'd use a Deans on the motor/esc so you don't mistakenly plug the wrong thing in on the bench some day.   

That's the kind of mistake I would make.  So yes, that's an excellent idea. 

I also try to have the soldering point or bullet connectors at different lengths, so that the positive and the negative sides don't line up. Less chance of shorting this way. 

iDv5eQN.jpg

• Like 3