I did order a couple of years ago off someone from ebay when I gave them the dimensions of the bearing I was after, but now I cannot remember who that was?!!

Does anyone have a good idea of cheap bearings and/or the best place to buy them from? I have just ordered a Tamiya re-re Boomerang to build so I'd like to fully bullrace that from the start. I'd also like to get hold of some for my old marui Samurai too :lol:

Many thanks in advance as ever guys :)

I get virtually all my bearings from these people:

http://rcbearings.co.uk/

Fast service (quite often I get my order in 24hrs), they usually post the same day, very good prices & quantity discounts.

They have full kits and single bearings, rubber & metal shields, plus ceramic bearings too.

I get virtually all my bearings from these people:

http://rcbearings.co.uk/

Fast service (quite often I get my order in 24hrs), they usually post the same day, very good prices & quantity discounts.

They have full kits and single bearings, rubber & metal shields, plus ceramic bearings too.

Brilliant thanks I'll look into it now! I always wondered, what's the best type to get, rubber shields isn't it??

It really depends what you're using the vehicle for, metal shields run minutely more freely, but can, and do, pick up dirt & grit. Rubber shields are more resistant in dirty conditions, but aren't actually sealed as such. Rubber shielded bearings tend to be a little more expensive too.

It really depends what you're using the vehicle for, metal shields run minutely more freely, but can, and do, pick up dirt & grit. Rubber shields are more resistant in dirty conditions, but aren't actually sealed as such. Rubber shielded bearings tend to be a little more expensive too.

Ahh right interesting to know. So for slightly faster movement best stick with metal then :lol: I imagine its all very minimal though :)

Go for the cheapest - they all come from China anyhow and shielding does is prevent you from inspecting/cleaning them properly. :lol:

I've never had to clean or lube bearings and even if I did they're so cheap nowadays it's better to just buy new ones.

Some bearings are still made in Japan, I have some, but the vast majority come from China, that is true. The Czech Republic also makes bearings, but high quality large ones usually for machinery, not smaller ones for RC applications.

If you can wait, there is a chap in Macau who has good bearings and extremely cheap, but they take a couple of weeks to deliver because of the distance and he is busy. Very nice chap. Joaquim Assis is his name, he used to be the owner of Walawala, but that changed its name, I don't know why and I forgot the new shop name. If you search you will find them, the seller is prolific, by far the biggest seller on eBay from recollection. He himself states that the benefit of the shield on the rubber ones is minimal.

Incidently, I just looked at the website Russ recommended and the prices look superb.

All the best,

Pau.

Some bearings are still made in Japan, I have some, but the vast majority come from China, that is true. The Czech Republic also makes bearings, but high quality large ones usually for machinery, not smaller ones for RC applications.

If you can wait, there is a chap in Macau who has good bearings and extremely cheap, but they take a couple of weeks to deliver because of the distance and he is busy. Very nice chap. Joaquim Assis is his name, he used to be the owner of Walawala, but that changed its name, I don't know why and I forgot the new shop name. If you search you will find them, the seller is prolific, by far the biggest seller on eBay from recollection. He himself states that the benefit of the shield on the rubber ones is minimal.

Incidently, I just looked at the website Russ recommended and the prices look superb.

All the best,

Pau.

A chap in Macau? 2 weeks delivery?? For goodness sake I fully ballraced a Clod 2 weeks ago for just over 6 quid just buy some off eBay and chuck them away when they wear out!

I hold over ten thousand bearings in stock for my own use, so I like to know where they come from and get consistent quality :lol:

Joaquim Assis is probably the best known seller for bearings, although there are other big concerns as well.

Paul.

All the best,

Pau.

Joaquim - ahhh thats the name, that's who I purchased off from ebay a couple of years ago! :lol:

I just bought some boring metal shielded 5x11 bearings from eBay seller irvineman. $25 for 100. They have auctions all the time.

Every bit as good as the Duratrax ones I've gotten from Tower at $12 for a pack of 10. I won't be needing to buy more 5x11's for a very long time.

I just bought some boring metal shielded 5x11 bearings from eBay seller irvineman. $25 for 100. They have auctions all the time.

Every bit as good as the Duratrax ones I've gotten from Tower at $12 for a pack of 10. I won't be needing to buy more 5x11's for a very long time.

Thanks for the tip, i'll check out the seller! I think I need to work out what sizes I need for my Marui Samuai and order in one large batch which it sounds like you have also :)

I hold over ten thousand bearings in stock for my own use, so I like to know where they come from and get consistent quality :)

Joaquim Assis is probably the best known seller for bearings, although there are other big concerns as well.

Paul.

Hmmm bizarre I just searched ebay for him and cannot find him there...have we spelt his name correctly?

I bought the bearing set for my High Lift from Joaquim (Walawala store as it was at the time).

Bearing quality is fine, it took 2 1/2 weeks to get to the UK, not unreasonable from Macau, & pricing was good.

However, when you factor in the shipping costs and timescale involved, there is no advantage in buying from him for me. Time itself has value to me, difficult to quantify, but a value nonetheless.

Having compared what I paid at Walawalastore some months back to RCBearings' price today for a rubber shielded ABEC3 High Lift set, including shipping costs, RCBearings are £0.50p cheaper, not much in itself, but 1 or 2 day delivery compared to 14+ is very significant.

I bought the bearing set for my High Lift from Joaquim (Walawala store as it was at the time).

Bearing quality is fine, it took 2 1/2 weeks to get to the UK, not unreasonable from Macau, & pricing was good.

However, when you factor in the shipping costs and timescale involved, there is no advantage in buying from him for me. Time itself has value to me, difficult to quantify, but a value nonetheless.

Having compared what I paid at Walawalastore some months back to RCBearings' price today for a rubber shielded ABEC3 High Lift set, including shipping costs, RCBearings are £0.50p cheaper, not much in itself, but 1 or 2 day delivery compared to 14+ is very significant.

Geez I'll say! Fair enough I didn't know there was that little margin in it, that's amazing!

Oh I agree, I hadn't used Russ's company before and haven't used Walawala in a year at least (I am all stocked up, it seems :)) but the prices and the fact that they are in Europe seem to be a clincher for me.

Paul.

I have very good experience with RCbearings. Your order is dispatched within 24 hours and the prices are really good. And you can order full sets for every possible car so there is no confusion about how many and what bearings you need for your chassis. My last set came in a small plastic tube.

I am curious, do they charge a premium for 'sets'?

Paul.

I am curious, do they charge a premium for 'sets'?

Paul.

Having looked at several of the sets I've recently purchased, the answer is no, they actually discount them !!

Most of the common size single bearings are about £0.70p or £0.75p each when purchased singly, 10% discount for 10+, more for larger quantities.

Sets for TA01, TA03, M03, M05 & F350 work out at £0.50 per bearing, roughly equivalent to their 150+ bulk price :) .

The only trouble I can't find a contact email address or form for RCbearings! I wanted to ask them for certain dimensions for an old Marui I need bearings for as mentioned. Am I missing something at all? Where is the link on their website??

The only trouble I can't find a contact email address or form for RCbearings! I wanted to ask them for certain dimensions for an old Marui I need bearings for as mentioned. Am I missing something at all? Where is the link on their website??

If you cannot find the bearings you require please email us with your details. We are listing FULL bearing sets every week, and we may have what you need right now. Email shop@rcbearings.co.uk

:)

If you cannot find the bearings you require please email us with your details. We are listing FULL bearing sets every week, and we may have what you need right now. Email shop@rcbearings.co.uk

Brilliant! :)

WW-Nut is Mr RCBearings? :) I never knew that.

Top class service from you guys.. rarely use anyone else.

I am not sure that means he is, maybe that he cut and paste from their website for Malakite's benefit, however, if he is in the company, only the better, as he is a good chap :)

P.