kaiser

Help Me Pick Out A New Truck

i know i said earlier that i wasn't going to go crazy on this clod, but after watching videos and seeing some of the clodzilla's compared to an ax10 or simlar crawler it's going to be hard for me not to build it up.

i'm going to build it 100% stock at first, even with the pogo sticks, but i'm sure it's only a matter of time before i build it up with a clodzilla chassis kit and a wide track kit. it's just too cool not to do it. lol

i know i said earlier that i wasn't going to go crazy on this clod, but after watching videos and seeing some of the clodzilla's compared to an ax10 or simlar crawler it's going to be hard for me not to build it up.

i'm going to build it 100% stock at first, even with the pogo sticks, but i'm sure it's only a matter of time before i build it up with a clodzilla chassis kit and a wide track kit. it's just too cool not to do it. lol

Don't go with a Clodzilla Chassis kit. I have a Clodzilla IV for about 5 years. It's really nothing special. If you're looking for a good all-around chassis kit at a reasonable price, check out the Thundertech Racing Rage chassis. it is a VERY well engineered piece of kit......

And enjoy the Clod. I have 6 of them and love them all - even my bone-stock Super Clod........

Don't go with a Clodzilla Chassis kit. I have a Clodzilla IV for about 5 years. It's really nothing special. If you're looking for a good all-around chassis kit at a reasonable price, check out the Thundertech Racing Rage chassis. it is a VERY well engineered piece of kit......

And enjoy the Clod. I have 6 of them and love them all - even my bone-stock Super Clod........

This chassis upgrade is moving suspiciously in the direction of a TXT...

Or, he can just get a TXT-1 for a b-day gift next year ;)

lol, i won't be doing anything anytime soon, but some of the videos i have seen do have me drooling.

i've been on clodparts.com and the selection of chassis upgrades is staggering. i will not go with a clodzilla, maybe a crawford or a tundertech, but nothing too soon as i'm going to enjoy the build of the stock clod first.

like i said earlier and txt isn't out of the question, just not this year. ;)

i may just get some nicer shocks and maybe a "wide ride" kit.

i know one thing, i need to stay off clodparts.com of my wallet is going to hurt.

lol, i won't be doing anything anytime soon, but some of the videos i have seen do have me drooling.

i've been on clodparts.com and the selection of chassis upgrades is staggering. i will not go with a clodzilla, maybe a crawford or a tundertech, but nothing too soon as i'm going to enjoy the build of the stock clod first.

like i said earlier and txt isn't out of the question, just not this year. ;)

i may just get some nicer shocks and maybe a "wide ride" kit.

i know one thing, i need to stay off clodparts.com of my wallet is going to hurt.

You mean your wallet doesn't hurt from being on HERE????? I know mine does - as does my a** from my wife constantly kicking it...... :)

tell me about it, my wife gets all worked up over the price of things.

so i usually don't tell her, and you are right this place is detremental to all our wallets.

I would go for the Clod, I have a BFX and a Lunchbox and although I love all 3 the Clod was amazing to build. Its slow but fun, for speed I bought an E-Maxx as I couldn't see the point in spending loads on making the Clod faster.

Here is a video of mine

i put in about 6 hours yesterday on the build.

i figured i'd have it done in that time, lol, not even close.

it was a fun way to spend my birthday, my wife was kind enough not to aske too much of me so i could spend most of the day on the clod.

i drove it across the living room last nite, i have a steering issue.

i must have messed up on some rod lengths or something.

i installed a hitec 645mg servo so i know i have enough power to turn all 4 wheels.

hopefully i'll get a chance to sort it out tonight.

I bought a Clod Buster back when they first came out, and found a real bad design flaw with it. The plastic chassis will snap in two if you jump it from a large drop. I had to order a new plastic frame and a frame brace for it. After thrashing it for awhile, I sold it and bought a Juggernaut. When the TXT-1 came out, I got rid of the Juggernaut. I think the TXT-1 is the best of all the Tamiya trucks to have been made.

Have a blast with the Clod, but be careful of the frame... :P

i drove it across the living room last nite, i have a steering issue.

i must have messed up on some rod lengths or something.

i installed a hitec 645mg servo so i know i have enough power to turn all 4 wheels.

hopefully i'll get a chance to sort it out tonight.

If your steering issue is that only the rear wheels are steering then this is a "feature" of the Clod - the wheels with least resistance do all the steering - drive it in reverse and you will see that all of a sudden the "front" wheels are doing all the steering.

i've got her running great. the steering issue was a mistake i made during assembly. it's all sorted now.

i'm not jumping it at all so i'm not worried about the chassis. if i ever do decide to jump it i'll invest in a proper chassis.

i have a pair of sprt tuneds waiting to go in.

this truck is loads of fun, the stock body isn't going to last long. lol

Good read that kaiser, and looks like you and me have the same mindset. Got my Super Clod on order for my birthday, and will probably end up modding the bejeeziz out of it :D.

Be interested in how yours evolves over its life!

i'm having so much fun with the truck in stock form (well it's ball raced and has a teu-103bk esc).

i'm not sure i even want to mod it. it's too much fun as is. lol

my favorite thing to do with it is stomp my neighbors rustler, and climb anything i can find. i may lock the rear diff soon.