Jexy1

Tamiya Lancia Delta Inte Df03ra

Hi All

After a life time of never trying an RC car (of any type!) i bought a Tamiya Lanica Delta Inte on the DF03RA chassis (along with the Toyota Celica on the same).

Very much enjoying the early stages of building and have a few questions:

Simple one first - When building the rear motor/gearbox/suspension there are two options on the instructions for a short wheelbase or long - bascially part E3 or E2 plus a 2mm difference in the connecting rods. - which is right for the Lancia and Celica?

Next - a can of worms - i suspect?

Recomendations for hop up parts? - i have the heat sink bars, Turnbuckle rods and battery pin.

I know most are (or appear to me to be cosmetic) but that is part of the fun of building them.

I have found it tricky to get a comprehensive list of suitable parts (Tamiya or Yeah Racing) and confused by the differences between the DF03RA and DF03 chassis types.

Next - Tyres - the tires that come with the kit (Rally block) do you recomend foam inserts?

Last - Interior - i have bought a Tamiya Driver/Navigator interior - any tips on mounting etc.

Many thanks in advance and sorry if this is the wrong place to post questions etc. :lol:

Hi All

After a life time of never trying an RC car (of any type!) i bought a Tamiya Lanica Delta Inte on the DF03RA chassis (along with the Toyota Celica on the same).

Very much enjoying the eary stages of building and have a few questions:

Simple one first - When building the rear motor/gearbox/suspension there are two options on the instructions for a short wheelbase or long - bascially part E3 or E2 plus a 2mm difference in the connecting rods. - which is right for the Lancia and Celica?

Next - a can of worms - i suspect?

Recomendations for hop up parts? - i have the heat sink bars, Turnbuckle rods and battery pin.

I know most are (or appear to me to be cosmetic) but that is part of the fun of building them.

I have found it tricky to get a comprehensive list of suitable parts (Tamiya or Yeah Racing) and confused by the differences between the DF03RA and DF03 chassis types.

Next - Tyres - the tires that come with the kit (Rally block) do you recomend foam inserts?

Last - Interior - i have bought a Tamiya Driver/Navigator interior - any tips on mounting etc.

Many thanks in advance and sorry if this is the wrong place to post questions etc. :lol:

I cant help on the hopups as mine is standard. Give it time and somebody more knowledgable about this will answer your questions better.

They are basically the same chassis exept the ra stands for rally version.

The tyres don't need foam inserts in them, fine as they are.

The interior is usually held in place with velcro that has been hot glued to the bodyshell and cockpit set.

Hope that helps.

Colin.

Thanks Colin

Which rear suspension arm did you use from the Kit E3 or E2?

I got my DF03-ra off ebay already built so i can't help sorry. All you can do is place the shell next to the chassis and see where the centre of the part(s) come to in relation to the wheel arch.

ie when the wheel is fitted it is lined up to fit the wheel arch, not too far in front of it or too far back from it.

Colin.

Stellamodels.net has a whole bunch of hopups for the DF03RA. I got the front universals for mine, but I would also suggest the reinforced drive cups. Looking forward to when the datsun rally bod set is available.

I haven't actually run mine yet. It's just been sitting on the shelf. I bought both Subaru bodies that were released for it.