Sign in to follow this  
Jexy1

Rally Light Pods

Does anyone make a light pod to attached to 1/10th RC cars?

Would like to add a set to this;

b_92200.jpg

to make it look like this;

teamslot-toyota-celica-11703.gif

Same for the Lancia from this;

b_58446.jpg

to this;

post-6278-1217923461.jpg

Thanks in advance.

ABCHOBBY makes several rally bodies with rally light pods, but I have not seen them sold seperatly yet....

ABCHOBBY makes several rally bodies with rally light pods, but I have not seen them sold seperatly yet....

I mailed them about it a few days back (also about their light lenses, not just the light pod) - but these are made in the exact same numbers as the bodies, and none of them (body, light lenses or light pod) are sold seperately. You could buy the whole bodyset though and dump the rest in the TC traderoom or on ebay :)

Then you also have the Lancia 037 which uses a Light pod (hard plastic one, not lexan like the ABC Hobby one), but these parts trees are pretty wanted and may cost as much as an ABC Hobby Bodyset :)

Therefor, I'd make a selection on the two looking at what car you want to mount it to. Square(-ish) front > Tamiya Lancia 037 Light Pod - Round Front > ABC Hobby Lancer EVO III Light Pod.

If you would accept ones that don't have the cover on them, but just lights, you could look if the plastic parts of the Carson Audi Quattro bodyshell are seperately available. This will include the lights, but also windscreen wipers and mirrors - but not shown on this picture.

Then there also are the Lights from the Mini Cooper Monte Carlo.

And lastly, you could make one yourself from some Lights (usually on the rollbar) from a 3-speed, scaler or crawler ;)

i have the evo 3 abc hobby ones, and i'm planning on repop'ing them after a couple of small mods :)

Thanks for the info.

Ordered an ABC Mitsubishi body set (they don't come with the LED's anymore), but as mentioned they don't sell them as a seperate part.

I also have the Controlfreax RS200 body set already - the light pod is modled in one piece with the body.

Redzone - if you do repop the ABC pods i would be interested in buying a couple.

thanks Gareth

I also have the Controlfreax RS200 body set already - the light pod is modled in one piece with the body.

Really? That must have changed recently then... Sorry if the info was duff - mine was definitely seperate.

I'm going to triple check tonight and post a pic - just in case!