garry

M06 Confirmed

This looks very interesting. Any thoughts on what RWD bodies they might bring out for this chassis? Maybe a Hyundai Genesis coupe?

driftinghyundaigenesis-formulad.jpg

So I guess the ESC and Reciever both stuff on that one little side shelf?

Cheers,

Skottoman

Looks like its a bigger step from M04 to M06, compared to the M05 from M03.

That looks VERY promising ;) Now I'm just hoping that it's gearing options are better than on the previous M-chassis, and I have my hopes that Tamiya has used reinforced plastics on it, or will make these available as a hopup... :P

Gear ratios are shared with the M-05.

I suspect it will be made of the same family of plastics as the M-05 too.

The chassis looks....messy.. ;)

So did the M05 on those computer pictures, but it's not too bad if you see a real picture (though still a little complicated) :)

Gear ratios are shared with the M-05.

I suspect it will be made of the same family of plastics as the M-05 too.

Bummer :P Ah well, the chassis layout is a start I guess... :P

I think it looks promising. Although it looks like it will have the same 2 piece arms on the current m-chassis cars. Would have been nice for them to use a one piece that is reversible to change wheel base.

I'm not sure what to think looking at this chassis. I do like the fact the battery is centered and longitudinally mounted. By having the battery mounted lengthwise also helps to counter balance the weight from the rear mounted motor. I also like the variable wheelbase. I'm hoping this chassis is upgradeable with a FRP/Graphite/Carbon conversion kit like the TA03. Bumper looks so small though and it seems there's very little room for the electronics. I hope pricing will be reasonable though, if not I'll probaby just get one as even a stock M04 runs fine for me.

I'm definitely getting one of these chassis. I can't help but think that the M06, with the HPI Cup Racer RSR Porsche body would be the ultimate in realism.

Rear Engine/motor, Rear wheel drive. This should be a great fun combo!!!!

BRING IT ON!

CHeers,

Skottoman (Big M Chassis Fan)

I'm not sure what to think looking at this chassis. I do like the fact the battery is centered and longitudinally mounted. By having the battery mounted lengthwise also helps to counter balance the weight from the rear mounted motor. I also like the variable wheelbase. I'm hoping this chassis is upgradeable with a FRP/Graphite/Carbon conversion kit like the TA03. Bumper looks so small though and it seems there's very little room for the electronics. I hope pricing will be reasonable though, if not I'll probaby just get one as even a stock M04 runs fine for me.

There will be plenty of room to fit the TEU-104BK so anything aftermarket should fit easily

Has anyone run a M05 yet? I've been away for a while and can't find much on Search.

Any major observations, good points or flaws?

I'm waiting for a M05 Mini Cooper to be delivered, can't wait to build a different M-chassis! :lol:

Has anyone run a M05 yet? I've been away for a while and can't find much on Search.

Any major observations, good points or flaws?

I'm waiting for a M05 Mini Cooper to be delivered, can't wait to build a different M-chassis! :lol:

Well I don´t own one, and I haven´t driven one... But to me it seems like Tamiya is releasing these cars with a too low spec if you look at the chassis design... They could have improved so much more... and yet they didn't. Why? :lol:

They could have improved so much more... and yet they didn't. Why? :lol:

If they were perfect out of the box, then tamiya couldn't sell you all those shiny upgrade parts.

If they were perfect out of the box, then tamiya couldn't sell you all those shiny upgrade parts.

Also, everything that is fun isn't perfect. The M chassis line wasn't made for perfect driving and high competition racing, it was made just to have a some laughs with a couple of friends! I sometimes imagine the M chassis line to be the "safety valve" of the Tamiya people. After releasing a lot of TRF and high spec stuff, they go all bonkers and decide to do something like the M06, where, the motor is located behind the rear wheels which isn't exactly the ideal place for perfect balance.

This M06 is just for laughs. Nothing serious. If I have enough money, I might actually buy it and maybe do a couple of slight mods. Nothing serious!

True... But Tamiya actually doesn´t have that many hopups for the M-chassis cars, and at least not ones that could make this car into a more 'serious' chassis.

Also, everything that is fun isn't perfect. The M chassis line wasn't made for perfect driving and high competition racing, it was made just to have a some laughs with a couple of friends! I sometimes imagine the M chassis line to be the "safety valve" of the Tamiya people. After releasing a lot of TRF and high spec stuff, they go all bonkers and decide to do something like the M06, where, the motor is located behind the rear wheels which isn't exactly the ideal place for perfect balance.

This M06 is just for laughs. Nothing serious. If I have enough money, I might actually buy it and maybe do a couple of slight mods. Nothing serious!

I know that fun and perfection on chassis design and specs aren't equal to each other... Certainly not! And the fact that Tamiya releases something with the spec that it has is great, it's something I'd probably use too and have loads of fun with. However, I think that they should develop the M-chassis like the TA05, the TB03 and the FF03. Sophisticated geometry, parts and design, good performers out of the box. You can see that out of the box they certainly aren't high-end racers - but they could be made into one. They have a TRF brother (or nephews in case of the FF03) and many of the parts are interchangeable, making it possible to hop the car up to a spec where it can seriously keep up with the competitors - even if those are often 4WD :lol:

With that said, the M06 seems like a step in the right direction - and still I would have made the whole thing different than they did :lol:

There will be plenty of room to fit the TEU-104BK so anything aftermarket should fit easily

Actually my concern is not being able to mount the ESC away from the Rx. I always try to mount them in separate locations, you know the rule...keep the antenna away from high current lines from the ESC/motor.

Sorry if I missed it, but has anybody seen a rough ETA for these?

Well technically it has not even been officially announced, these photos were leaked. The actual announcement will be October 14th at the All Japan Hobby Show.

TamiyaUSA finally has a chassis picture and a listing of all the option parts!

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58460

header_58460.jpg

• Item 54179 M-05 Ball Bearing Set
  • Item 53642 5mm Alu. Ball Connector (Blue)
  • Item 42168 Touring Car Short Spring Set (Black)
  • Item 54000 Hi-Torque Servo Saver (Black)
  • Item 54121 Alu. Horn for Hi-Torque Servo Saver
  • Item 54195 M-05 Alu. Turnbuckle Steering Rod
  • Item 54193 M-05 Alu. Steering Post
  • Item 54192 M-05 Alu. Steering Link
  • Item 50746 CVA Super Mini Shock Unit Set (Clear)
  • Item 53539 5.5mm Alu. Spacer Set
  • Item 53456 TA04 Turnbuckle Upper Arm Set
  • Item 53159 4mm Anodized Flange Lock Nuts (Blue)

I still don't understand why they released the classic M-02 RR bodies on the FF M-05 only to release the M-06 a year later.

Still happy about the M-06 though! Just hope they will have a cheaper "non-pro" version for bashers.

I still don't understand why they released the classic M-02 RR bodies on the FF M-05 only to release the M-06 a year later.

Still happy about the M-06 though! Just hope they will have a cheaper "non-pro" version for bashers.

most likely they will, I'm sure the miata body will re-surface and many other new ones. Be patient :D