garry

M06 Confirmed

I still don't understand why they released the classic M-02 RR bodies on the FF M-05 only to release the M-06 a year later.

Still happy about the M-06 though! Just hope they will have a cheaper "non-pro" version for bashers.

Yep, same here mate.

I'm STOKED! I love the "M" series of cars, and especially the M04 RWD. Having a new chassis will be great!

WOOHOO!!!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Just saw some new photos of the m06 pro and hop ups on rc-mini. Looks like hobby show pix.

Appears they will be releasing it with the Alfa, Beetle, Alpine, and Eunos.

I have an m06 Pro on order!!!!!!

Cheers,

Skottoman

I hope the M06 gets released in December as planned. This means my christmas day will be spent building an M06pro and painting an Alfa body to go with it. Love the M chassis.

Great new photos on rc-mini.net. These guys have the first real pix of the Pro Model, and the hopups available that I've seen!

Looks like the "Pro" is not so "Pro" when compared to the amount of hopups! Maybe I should wait for a standard kit, and then get the hopups?

Would be better than the "Pro" I'd think? Can't wait!

Check out the pix

http://www.rc-mini.net/joomla/index.php

And the Official Tamiya video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nqAfCKO-F0

Cheers,

Skottoman

I got to pick up and look at the M-06 Pro today. B)

It's low.

Comes with proper hinge pins :)

The rear hinge pins are '1-way' I mean that only the back of the car end takes an eclip. The other end is molded as a metal ball stud to mount the shock absorber

The steering CRANKS are still black plastic. The post tops are the blue hop up.

The steering cross bar is blue metal but it is new and different from the M05. Not interchangeable.

The stock angle of the steering arms practically horizontal. Nice.

The battery compartment is long. There is a screw in base/bumper that can be moved to make the holder the correct length for batteries.

The above is due to: the chassis is not one piece ! Up to the end of the servo place it is one piece, after than it is a second large part all the way to the back of the car. This is how the S,M,L chassis sizes are accomplished. There is a third circa 1cm piece that fits in between. Different overlapping screw holes in both main parts let you choose the length you want. It's good as it means the rear suspension arms can stay the same.

The front and rear upper arms are adjustable, and both f&r mount on HORIZONTAL ball nuts inboard.

The angle of the rear upper adjustable arms to where they mount inboard below the shock tower is LARGE. Looks rather too angled to me, maybe easy to pop off in a bang?

The left gearbox side that also covers the motor does this only to screw the rear bumper into. It does not support the motor at all. So I am struggling to understand the benefit of this side part being offered as a blue metal 'hop up'.

The mounting of the rear body post towers is two separate parts. This means 2 places causing potential body post movement. :lol:

Front end is very solid and the battery area does not extend under the steering cross bar. There is space here to mount a transponder down on the bottom of the chassis, and thus near the front of the car. B)

I could bend the chassis a bit. :o Not alot but enough to be slightly disappointed.

I couldn't weigh it but there was a M05 next to it and I cannot say for sure if it is lighter or heavier. Because of the motor hanging out back it was giving me mind freaks that it felt much heavier but I don't trust my hand scales :lol: I hope it is the same weight or lighter (though this felt unlikely).

Its a nice chassis and its the most interesting new Tamiya to me this year (I'm too much of a Dyna fan to fall in love with the 201 yet :D ). However I was disappointed that it didn't feel lighter and that I could flex it. Otherwise its nice. I do feel the M04 is a better car, but since its not TCS legal its of no use. That is still the best M chassis car imo.

Best part of all for me : the wide flat underbody. Finally an M chassis with some decent aero underneath! :)B)

Thanks for the observations, 959. I'm really looking forward to this chassis. I'm also really hoping this price is still good when they're finally in stock, because that's one heck of a deal.

Maybe it's a bit early to be asking, but what are the chances one of the HPI 911 cup racer bodies would fit in the short wheelbase configuration? Too narrow?

Thanks for the observations, 959. I'm really looking forward to this chassis. I'm also really hoping this price is still good when they're finally in stock, because that's one badword of a deal.

Maybe it's a bit early to be asking, but what are the chances one of the HPI 911 cup racer bodies would fit in the short wheelbase configuration? Too narrow?

I'm planning on making the HPI 911 body fit. I have 2 of them waiting for the M06 release!!!

Wheelbase is adjustable so It can be made to fit. Not 100% positive, but I'm sure I can make it work!

Cheers,

Skottoman

I'm planning on making the HPI 911 body fit. I have 2 of them waiting for the M06 release!!!

Wheelbase is adjustable so It can be made to fit. Not 100% positive, but I'm sure I can make it work!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Your confidence is reassuring. :)

I will definitely be ordering one of these chassis as soon as they are available, but perhaps I'll hold off on the body until I see how yours turns out. A rear engine, RWD layout like this is just begging for a 911 body.

I'm STOKED! I love the "M" series of cars, and especially the M04 RWD. Having a new chassis will be great!

Having new shells for the MO4 will be great also...

Was going to sell my MO4L, might just hold onto it... wish the re-re'ed the S2000 body though!

Also, everything that is fun isn't perfect. The M chassis line wasn't made for perfect driving and high competition racing, it was made just to have a some laughs with a couple of friends! I sometimes imagine the M chassis line to be the "safety valve" of the Tamiya people. After releasing a lot of TRF and high spec stuff, they go all bonkers and decide to do something like the M06, where, the motor is located behind the rear wheels which isn't exactly the ideal place for perfect balance.

This M06 is just for laughs. Nothing serious. If I have enough money, I might actually buy it and maybe do a couple of slight mods. Nothing serious!

i think you'll find that the rear mounted motor is the perfect spot for a rwd only on road car! should help with rear traction thats for sure!

Just had a look on modelsports Website and it seems like a nice bit of kit.Not as expensive as i thought either only £146. Seems like a nice base to start building on.

Not too sure on the mclaren mercedes version of it though. Wonder if theres a nice JPS lotus shell out there......

Actually ive just re read those links im and not too sure the mclaren is on the m06 chassis although modelsport have them both under the m06 grouping on the index page

i think you'll find that the rear mounted motor is the perfect spot for a rwd only on road car! should help with rear traction thats for sure!
but will the front end need to be weighted to give the front wheels traction and stop understeer?

Just had a look on modelsports Website and it seems like a nice bit of kit.Not as expensive as i thought either only £146. Seems like a nice base to start building on.

Not too sure on the mclaren mercedes version of it though. Wonder if theres a nice JPS lotus shell out there......

Actually ive just re read those links im and not too sure the mclaren is on the m06 chassis although modelsport have them both under the m06 grouping on the index page

Nah, the Merc Mclaren is an F104.

Nah, the Merc Mclaren is an F104.
Aye i thought so when i re read it. if you look HERE though, and click on the m06 pro picture it brings both up.Odd

but will the front end need to be weighted to give the front wheels traction and stop understeer?

not likely, seeing as they're using 2 degrees of rear toe in, that should stop it to an extent! then there's the adjustable camber..

i'd rather be weighting the front to stop understeer than weighting the back to stop spinouts!

Just ordered mine from TowerHobbies today. $169 shipped to my house. :)

Cheers,

Skottoman

Just ordered mine from TowerHobbies today. $169 shipped to my house. :)

Was it in stock when you ordered? I have the member code for $35 off, but it's showing early Jan. delivery for me.

Was it in stock when you ordered? I have the member code for $35 off, but it's showing early Jan. delivery for me.

You're right. Now it's showing "Early Jan".

When I looked it up this morning, it said "In Stock - Limted Supply". So I added to cart and ordered this morning.

I am a Super Saver member, so saved $35 off the $204 price.

Guess I got lucky and got the last one from the first batch. WooHoo! :)

I'm sure they'll have more very soon!

Cheers!

Skottoman

I'm still on holiday so I popped into Lil's Hobby in SM Megamall (in Manila) today and picked one up. Admittedly I took my time deciding, I went off and ate lunch first, before buying it. It was the last one there.

yeah mine turned up yesterday, will hopefully start the build tomorrow!

hey guys, i have built mine as an M06L, what is the measurement between the body mounts on a M04L? incase i ever want to use a beetle or S2000 body instead of my Kadett C?

hey guys, i have built mine as an M06L, what is the measurement between the body mounts on a M04L? incase i ever want to use a beetle or S2000 body instead of my Kadett C?

S2000 and Beetle are both Long wheelbase (245mm I recall reading somewhere), and I see no reason why Tamiya would have changed it's "L" wheelbase length.

My M06 Pro kit showed up today. I have my HPI Porsche RSR body and Fuchs wheels waiting.

All sitting on my workbench, ready for the build/modifying/whatever it takes to make that body fit!

Now, just to get some time to do it...

Cheers,

Skottoman