Sign in to follow this  
Ernie1

Lazer Serie's

Hello,

I am quite new to the kyosho vintage buggy scene but from the beginning in love with the Lazer serie's. I'am not familiar with those . Could someone explain the difference between the Lazer Zx and Zx-r please or could someone point me to a topic where it was explained.

Looking forward to solve this little mistery to me. Regards Wim

Hello,

I am quite new to the kyosho vintage buggy scene but from the beginning in love with the Lazer serie's. I'am not familiar with those . Could someone explain the difference between the Lazer Zx and Zx-r please or could someone point me to a topic where it was explained.

Looking forward to solve this little mistery to me. Regards Wim

Hi Ernie,

I had both, here are the differences my memory can remind from my racing days back in 1989-90

as anyone can see, different body

different wing and wing support

zx had 1.9 wheels zxr 2.2 wheels

zx had gear diffs zxr ball diffs

zx had short gold front shocks zxr had medium size front ones (developed for zxr and triumph 2wd)

zx had belt plastic cover zxr had no cover

zx had a split upper chassis plate, zxr was one-piece

zx had a third center diff in the 100 T crown , zxr had a slipper clutch in the 100 T crown.

zx had alloy shock towers zxr had fiberglass different shape shock towers.

zx had no hex adjust turnbuckles zxr come with them

the upper front suspension link in zx goes in different mounting point. much simplified in zxr

I think this are the major differences, but there is also some of details for "anorak's" like a pivot advance change in the steering geometry in some zxr and different chassis materials in very early zx (earliest zx chassis was graphite instead of frp. I know it because mine was a very early kit, bought in 1989 some weeks after press release. )

another detail, the 100t gear pitch was different, zx was metric, zxr was 48 pitch, a subtle difference, but pinions does not interchange perfectly .

hope this helps.

Jose R.

Hey Jose.

You know your stuff on Lazer's . I have a ZX im restoring but i think by the time its finished it will be a Bitsa of ZX, ZXR, ZXRR.

I have new shock towers in alloy from Pargo 2000, One piece carbon fiber top deck. Trinity Uni shafts, Hyper slipper shaft . J.C Racing Wheels on Yokomo Adopters. ( Not in pic) New Belts with new belt covers. New front Gold shocks.New body shell with Twin plane rear wing. Custom Decals ( Was for Lazer ZX5 but i cut the 5 out.)

Its got ZX gear diffs.

A pic of it with new body and wheels. Since than it's stripped and waiting on new parts.

Photo137.jpg

Hi,

You're new body is an original or reproduction ?

I'm looking for one for a long time for my Lazer, but can't find one B)