canonball

Wild Willy Body Questions

Hi guys

Does any body know what differences there is between the original m38 body and the re re?

Cheers,

Alex

Hi guys

Does any body know what differences there is between the original m38 body and the re re?

Cheers,

Alex

Front grille - WW M38 grille is 6 vertical openings, WW2 has 3 horizontal openings;

Front body mounts - WW M38 has a single body mount hole on the front, WW2 has two holes for two mounts on the front;

Rear body mounts - similar location, but WW2 holes are further forward & further inboard;

Dash panel - M38 has holes for the windscreen hinges, WW2 doesn't

Windscreen - ditto

WW2 also gained some extra detail greeblies around the "door" areas ... I think that's about it :)

There's loads of differences, though some are small - in addition to Jonny Retro's reply;

- take the jerry can, they look the same but the mounting hole on the rear are different sizes as the WW1 and WW2 use different sized screws to attach it

- the front roll bar has 3 mounting points for the windscreen on the WW2, but only 1 on the WW1

- even the horizontal bars of the roll bar are slightly different

- the spare wheel on the WW2 has 3 small circular indentations, but the WW1 is smooth

- and for some more have a read of this thread --> http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...ly++differences

What are you trying to do; mount a WW2 shell on a WW1?

:)

I bought a spare chassie with out a body, I got it mainly for the tires, and it came with an original box!

but now i think i will make it into a runner.

I just got to find a cheap body.

If anyone has got anything suitable please pm me :)

Thank's for the additional info WW-nut

Cheers

The drivers footwell area is different between the two chassis also.

On the WW2 body shell the footwell has a cut out which Willy's heels protrude through. The footwell on a M38 body does not have this cut out.

Also, the bonnet on the WW2 has two raised feature lines in it, which the original M38 does not.

i have a broken grille that needs replacing, anybody have one that they can spare? even if it has been painted, i'm just looking for a good unbroken one..

i have a broken grille that needs replacing, anybody have one that they can spare? even if it has been painted, i'm just looking for a good unbroken one..

You are asking for one of the most sought after Tamiya plastic pieces :)

Luckily, there's few making repro's of them. Member "Toykid" is advertizing his repros on the main site, check them out.

-Lars

Thanks for the info! I may even try to just repair the broken one, just figured if some one had an old one they'd part with....

You are asking for one of the most sought after Tamiya plastic pieces ;)

Luckily, there's few making repro's of them. Member "Toykid" is advertizing his repros on the main site, check them out.

-Lars