Sign in to follow this  
butcher666666

Monster Beetle With Clod Wheels ?

hello

i want to buy a monster beetle. i love this RC since i was 10 years old :-)

it is possible to upgrade a monster beetle with rims and wheels from the clod buster ?

greetings

hi

bin am überlegen ob ich mir einen Tamiya Monster Beetle holen werde.

(nicht zum fahren)

war immer schon ein kindheitstraum den ich mich jetzt jahre später erfüllen möchte.

ist es möglich die felgen inkl reifen vom clodbuster zu montieren ?

lg

hello

i want to buy a monster beetle. i love this RC since i was 10 years old :-)

it is possible to upgrade a monster beetle with rims and wheels from the clod buster ?

greetings

hi

bin am überlegen ob ich mir einen Tamiya Monster Beetle holen werde.

(nicht zum fahren)

war immer schon ein kindheitstraum den ich mich jetzt jahre später erfüllen möchte.

ist es möglich die felgen inkl reifen vom clodbuster zu montieren ?

lg

I'm sure anything can be made to fit, but it's probably not a good idea. Those wheels are so big, the MB would probably be slower then heck being only single motor. Plus, on such a short wheelbase truck, they'd be practically touching each other and you'd have pretty much zero turning radius. You'd have to widen and lengthen the chassis and I don't see that being an easy task on that truck.

I'm sure there ARE larger wheels you can put on, but I think Clod size is way too big.

Just for comparision, here's a pic of my TXT-1 (same size wheels as Clod) next to my Blackfoot scaled truck (same as MB) that has Lunchbox wheels (which are wider and a tad shorter than MB wheels)

RC052.jpg

I think CRP made a set of them, but with a standerd gearbox it would prolly rip it apart+ like what is said above, it would be super slowww

i remember seeing the kits for clod tires on the blackfoot as well as the lunchbox. if you do want to try it, i remember seeing a mod where you attached a clod wheel to a blackfoot one, cutting slots in the blackfoot rim to fit around the ribs of the clod rim.

another point not made yet is steering. you'd need some pretty sturdy steering linkage and a clod style servo.

good luck. it does look sweet.