I wanted to ask you guys if anybody had a problem like the one I have now. I got a lexan body through eBay.com and despite it was advertised as "professionally and carefully packaged" the body arrived today and it is ruined because of the seller's defective/poor packaging. The decal sheets were also damaged. Anybody having a look at this package will see it was evident that the body was going to get damaged in the mail. When I was younger I worked packaging stuff and never saw a thing like this.

Furthermore, I decided to check the real shipping costs for this package. There is $90 HDK worth stamps over the cardboard. That's a bit less than $12 USD, much less than the $25 USD I was asked for shipping costs. This means the seller (rc.sausage.dog) can cover the costs of shipping two bodies worldwide with this rate.

Anyway, before making any official complaints I would like to know if someone in here can give me any input as to what is to be done in cases like this.

It is already a very unfortunate situation for me, because the costs of the whole purchase represents almost 25% of my monthly income. :)

Any info will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance!

EB

--

PS. Have a look at what it all looks like:

EST04.jpg

EST05.jpg

EST06.jpg

EST03.jpg

EST07.jpg

EST02.jpg

EST01.jpg

HKDtoUSD.jpg

That's disappointing. I hate it when things like that are damaged in the post.

Talk to the seller, see if they will exchange the damaged parts, or offer a part refund.

If that doesn't work, then you should open a dispute and try to get a partial refund. Mention that the seller has overquoted shipping.

But it has to be said - it's not entirely the seller's fault. While the packaging was pretty bad and didn't allow for much crush room, that package looks to have been badly mishandled by the post.

- James

That's disappointing. I hate it when things like that are damaged in the post.

Talk to the seller, see if they will exchange the damaged parts, or offer a part refund.

If that doesn't work, then you should open a dispute and try to get a partial refund. Mention that the seller has overquoted shipping.

But it has to be said - it's not entirely the seller's fault. While the packaging was pretty bad and didn't allow for much crush room, that package looks to have been badly mishandled by the post.

- James

Thanks for the input, James.

What you say about exchanging this damaged body parts will be pretty expensive as I am located on the other side of the world. I wonder if there is there any way to fix the damage of the lexan body?

As for the post's handling of the package, I believe (as I was taught when I was younger) this is something that people who works packaging stuff to send abroad should imagine beforehand to avoid things like these. This package is a taped-three piece cardboard thing, so chances were very high that it was going to get damaged.

I paid for what they were offering. "Professionally and carefully packaged" and got something different. :)

Nothing of value to add here. I would be ******* though. I would give the seller one chance and one chance only to make it right.. My 3 year old could package better than that. Love the stamps too.

Erich, You paid for it to be packaged properly and they tried to cut corners, on both the packaging cost and the actual packaging.

It should have been in a square box, it's probably been damaged from putting the weight of other packages on top, but then I've heard bad things about postal workers in Italy and America that it wouldn't suprise me if it wasn't handled carefully.

The box would have felt light so nobody was to know that the contents were so close to perimeter of the box, except the seller.

So I'm going to say that the seller assumes all responsibility and you talk to them about getting reimbursed.

I only get 'self made' cardboard boxes from other RC guys in New Zealand lol ( backyard kiwi's haha), self made boxes have no structure or support.

Best of Luck mate :)

Well, if it's not for a shelf queen it should be okay all painted up if for a runner :). The box isn't supposed to be in the shape of the item is it :o ?

I hate those that overcharge for postage too - try to see if it can be partially re-imbursed by contacting the seller first then try through ebay/paypal.

Go on ebay/paypal, click "report problem", enter into dispute on paypal. State that the body is clearly now defective and worthless.

Then demand full refund, or replacement body. Click "Escalate claim" if seller does not agree.

This is how you do it.

Very sad to see this Erich,but it is sadly not uncommon.

I would contact the seller first,with the word "WARNING" or "URGENT" in block capitols typed in the message title body,do not add pictures yet.

This way your important message will stand out amongst the many emails they will get every day.

State what the problem is and offer pictures as evidence,i wouldn`t attach pics first,because it might get rejected into thier spam bin without them opening it.

Give them the opertunity to replace the damaged items first,a partial refund will not solve this problem,i would not accept a partial refund myself.

The body and decals are scrap.

If you get no joy,then contact Ebay and PayPal,open a full dispute and do not close it untill you have recieved a good and proper replacement.

Thats the way i would go about it anyway.

Very best of luck.

BR,

Simon.

Thank you guys. I have just opened a paypal dispute over it. That will give the seller a chance to make things right or, well, something else will be done.

It is the seller's responsibility to respond for the service he is offering. So far the eBay sale (that is still available for other people to buy) says the item is in its original package (NOT true), that it will be "professionally and carefully packaged" (NOT true), and that the item will be dispatched 24 hours after payment is received (again, NOT true. I paid it May the 10th, and the item was sent to me on May the 17th). Now how's that for a misrepresented service?

A simple, cheap as chips, square box would have made all the difference in the world for it, and I would have been happy and excited finishing my winter project. Matter of fact, Just last week I have received a couple of old/used ORV chassis that a friend in Canada gave to me in a square box that arrived with a crunched corned but that DID NOT ruined a thing inside the box! It is so easy to package properly and these people that claim to be professional and offer a "careful" packaging does not show any real care in what they do to make a living. That amazes me.

Anyway, thanks again fellow TCers.

Hope you all have a great day! :)

EB

--

hopefully you will find that the seller will just sort this out for you no problem

it's their business, and they will (hopefully) want to keep a good reputation

by coincidence, my one and only purchase from this seller was a rising fighter, and despite being packed well in a proper box, it was stoved in on one side and the actual tamiya box has damage (kit is fine though)

i think that their local post office must be damaging the packages.

if you ever go into a post office parcel sorting depot, you may be shocked at how the parcels are treated. (in some cases though, perhaps not all depots are like this)

i wasn't too bothered about a crinkly box for this kit (being a £50 cheap one) but the damage did seem strange, considering the outer box was tough enough to withstand normal postage scuffs.

Very sad to see this Erich,but it is sadly not uncommon.

I would contact the seller first,with the word "WARNING" or "URGENT" in block capitols typed in the message title body,do not add pictures yet.

This way your important message will stand out amongst the many emails they will get every day.

State what the problem is and offer pictures as evidence,i wouldn`t attach pics first,because it might get rejected into thier spam bin without them opening it.

Give them the opertunity to replace the damaged items first,a partial refund will not solve this problem,i would not accept a partial refund myself.

The body and decals are scrap.

If you get no joy,then contact Ebay and PayPal,open a full dispute and do not close it untill you have recieved a good and proper replacement.

Thats the way i would go about it anyway.

Very best of luck.

BR,

Simon.

Sorry to hear about this however it does happen all to frequently with some of the lesser sellers concept of packaging needing a fair bit to be desired.

I would contact the seller and ask either for a full refund in your own currency or a replacement. Failing that I would go down the paypal route which is normally giving credit to paypal pretty swift.

Hope you get this sorted.

Ryck

rcsausagedog is a pretty good seller, they should do right by you.

i've bought quite a bit from them with no issues.

Always give the seller a chance to make things right. If they don't work with you, then next will be to get eBay or Paypal involve.

Me too. I'm a bit surprised....

I've never had a problem with him either. Give him a chance to make things right, but please keep us informed on what happens. I do have a seller that I'm having a problem with and will start a new thread with a link to the page I'm putting up as soon as it's done.

I have bought off of them in the last few months. I bought a peugeot 306 maxi bodyset from them and mine was packaged exactly the same as yours, but mine survived in one piece. They should really change the way they pack items like this as you could easily damage the shell or decals trying to open it with a knife.

I would contact them first to give them a chance to sort this out, and if not to your satisfaction then get paypal involved.The only thing with a paypal dispute is, if they are not going to play ball and you get a refund from paypal then they can issue you with an unpaid item strike. This is what happened to me with a company from the usa, never received item so i contacted them and the guy starts calling me a thief!.I got refunded and he hit me with an unpaid item strike which got removed by paypal.

Colin.

i'll bet that he'll send you a new one, thats what he did when i got a bad set of shocks.

i told him about the problem and he shipped out a new one, free of charge and didn't ask for the bad ones back.

just ask him to double box it.

Very disapointing, i dont mind sellers slightly overcharging (for packing materials) but i do expect it to arrive well packaged if ive paid a little over the odds on postage.

just for your interest, Stella Models package my stuff perfectly every time, and with reasonable postage charges, i highly recommend them.

Did you laugh when you first saw the box, then tear up after you opened it? I would have....

Seriously, that packing job is like someone is heavily into arts & crafts, not real protective packaging.

The person that made the box totally forgot that the shipping company will throw 75 pounds of stuff on top of it.

The weird shape angers the shippers because it won't stack nicely. They crushed it out of spite.

I bet it took them longer in TIME to make that sad story of a "box" than it saved them in actual materials.

Amazing that the Sausage took the cheap way out like that.

always take pictures of any parcels you suspect contents damaged BEFORE you open it :)

talking of which... you guys haven't seen "creative" yet

I bought 2 Scorcher bodysets... and it came packaged in the volume of 1.5 bodyset boxes :)

Still undecided whether to be :) or :)

The first response is usually the correct one. :)

Years ago (about 8) I had 50 or so Ford Focus painted bodysets from Tamiya. This was when they were doing them with no wing mirrors to break off, just the painted decalled shell.

I figured out a way of shipping them for 80pence and dumped them on eBay for a fiver each. Everyone likes a cheapee, so my method was to fill the inside with 2 empty Volvic bottles and wrap the whole thing in that thick bubblewrap, still only came to about 200 grams or something ridiculous. The Volvic bottles fitted inside precisely and made sure the body couldn't be crushed and the bubble protected the outside. It wasn't ideal, might not have survived international shipping though :)

I don't recall getting a single complaint, but I pack way better now, that was years ago and a different world...

Paul.

hehe... did similar just last yr

somebody wanted a cheap shell airmailed and boxing it right would have cost 3X shell's price

so i stacked on a 2nd shell beneath, a 3rd larger shell on top and made a roll of corrocardboard

to support the roof; bubblewrapped and overwrapped with an opaque plastic bag

Heard nothing back so it must've made it... to Sth Africa :)

Well, so far I have heard NOTHING from the seller. Seemingly, we will get things done the difficult way (?) :)

Hey everyone,

I would appreciate if anybody in here can explain a bit about what is left to do with the problem I had buying a Tamiya lexan body from a Hong Kong-based seller eBay Problem part 1.

To make a long story short, the seller offered a professional package. Not only the body got damaged by a rather poor packaging, but also the postage costs was about the half of what I was charged.

I opened a dispute on Paypal last June the 3rd, and I was expecting the seller (rc.sausage.dog) to contact me afterwards so we could at least have some talking about the issue to see if there is a way for him to make things right. I paid for what was offered on the eBay sale and I did not get a professional/careful packaging, therefore I got a damaged body (I took pictures). I have not left negative feedback yet because, as I said, I was expecting the guy would contact me but I haven't got a word from him.

Date of purchase: May 10, 2010

Date I opened the dispute: June 3, 2010

As I have read on Paypal.com the seller has time to reply my dispute until June 23 before the the paypal dispute expires. I don't know about the feedback. Problem is, if the dispute expires before the guy decides to say anything about what happened I will end up having a smashed up body for my hard-earned money. :lol: I do not know what else I can do. There is only nine days left. Is there anybody able to explain what is best to do in a case like this?

Any ideas or hints will be appreciated.

You all have a good week!

EB

--

Before the dispute ends, you have to click "escalate to claim" then you are claiming your money back.

You have to state a reason for escalating.

Then you state that you have not heard from seller, and do not think there will be an amicable sollution.

Then about one week later you get the money from paypal.

Do this NOW - ESCALATE TO CLAIM. Hope this helps :lol: