I agree ESCALATE TO CLAIM give the reason as you are unable to communicate with the seller its under the drop down tab .

The sooner you do this paypal will investigate the claim and may ask you to provide evidence they will also ask the seller for certain things as well this process can take some time so dont get frustrated.

In the box where you can write something write down the facts for the reason you are claiming keep it simple but to the point dont be to concerned with the feedback thing its important to just get a refund at this point in time .

I hope it gets sorted EB it can be stressfull I have been through it a couple of times .

Stuart.

Thanks for your postings, Swarm & ideal2k!

I'd like to ask you guys just one thing before leaving negative feedback and escalating the dispute. I'm not sure if paypal will ask me to send back the ruined body. If that happens I'll lost $25 more just for doing that. And so if the seller decide to send a replacement body, then the whole thing not only will mean a more-than-three-months wasted in the whole process, but also a $75 lexan body! :D

What does your experience say about such thing??

You all have a great Tuesday!

EB

--

G'day EB .

In my experience when filling a claim/dispute with Paypal in cases where I have recieved damaged or not as described goods I have asked for a partial refund on the item this elevaites the need to send the item back to the seller ,I know it would mean you end up with a crushed shell but you would also end up with a partial refund and no postage costs .

I would also hold off on the negative feedback for a while I think this will only aggrivate the seller and may make your claim harder (as in try and drag the whole process out) it dosent matter at the end of the day if no feedback is left at all the seller still looses out no feedback is as good as a negative and he dosent know what your going to do, if you go ahead and leave negative feedback he might not be as forthcoming in helping you out where as if you hold off on the feedback until the paypal dispute is in full motion he still might think he has a chance of recieving a positive or at the very least a neautral.

If I were you I would ask for at least half my money back in a refund that would include postage as well .In your statement make it very clear that you paid good money for postage /packing and not some half hearted attempt at packing which resulted in the damaged shell it would not hurt to point out in your statement that you were overcharged in the postage process .

Escilate to a claim and put your reasons why you want a refund or why you want compensation of some kind .

I always ask for good packing when I make a purchase as I live very isolated its also proof (in the form of an email) that I have asked for this if the item arrives damaged.

I wish you all the very best EB dont let this incident grind you down mate ,Paypal will find in your favour if you put a claim in that is fair regarding your circumstances.

Regards Stuart.

Thanks again, Stuart. I'll keep it all in mind and will escalate tomorrow as it's bed time in here.

Have a good one!

EB

--

G'day EB .

In my experience when filling a claim/dispute with Paypal in cases where I have recieved damaged or not as described goods I have asked for a partial refund on the item this elevaites the need to send the item back to the seller ,I know it would mean you end up with a crushed shell but you would also end up with a partial refund and no postage costs .

I would also hold off on the negative feedback for a while I think this will only aggrivate the seller and may make your claim harder (as in try and drag the whole process out) it dosent matter at the end of the day if no feedback is left at all the seller still looses out no feedback is as good as a negative and he dosent know what your going to do, if you go ahead and leave negative feedback he might not be as forthcoming in helping you out where as if you hold off on the feedback until the paypal dispute is in full motion he still might think he has a chance of recieving a positive or at the very least a neautral.

If I were you I would ask for at least half my money back in a refund that would include postage as well .In your statement make it very clear that you paid good money for postage /packing and not some half hearted attempt at packing which resulted in the damaged shell it would not hurt to point out in your statement that you were overcharged in the postage process .

Escilate to a claim and put your reasons why you want a refund or why you want compensation of some kind .

I always ask for good packing when I make a purchase as I live very isolated its also proof (in the form of an email) that I have asked for this if the item arrives damaged.

I wish you all the very best EB dont let this incident grind you down mate ,Paypal will find in your favour if you put a claim in that is fair regarding your circumstances.

Regards Stuart.

Hi again Stuart. I've just escalated the dispute. I kept your tips in mind and tried to keep it to the point. When asking me if I was going for a full refund, I went for the postage costs + half the product price. I added the following note:

It's been 12 days after I opened a dispute for this transaction, and the seller still haven’t responded. By now it’s clear to me the seller has no interest in making things right with the problem, so I had to escalate the dispute.

Regarding the dispute itself:

1) eBay product description states that the item is "Never opened and the box is 100% new." The one I got was OUT of its original package. There is NO original package with it.

2) eBay product description states that the item "will be professionally & carefully packed and despatched in a timely manner". The product I received is DAMAGED because it was sent in a rather weak package that was anything but professional. I took pictures of the package and damages.

3) eBay product description states that shipping cost for the item is $25 USD. When I checked the package I noticed it was really $89.9 ($90) HKD. Any online Universal Currency converted will show that the money I paid is actually more than the doble of the real costs of shipping the product to me.

4) eBay product description states: "Your order will normally be posted the next business day after confirmation and verification of your payment information." I paid for the item on May the 10th, and according to the Hong Kong Post website it was shipped to me on May the 17th.

I have lost my time and money in a damaged item which is not what I was expecting to receive nor what the seller offered through the eBay product description. I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

Best regards,

EB, b***r on eBay

--

Hopefully, now the seller will feel like making things right.

Thanks again for the help and ideas!

EB

--

NO SOLUTION YET. HERE'S THE MESSAGE THE SELLER (rc.sausage.dog) SENT ME ON JUNE THE 16:

Dear sir

Thanks for your purchase .and sorry for my late reply of this case

we have received the mail from paypal about the packign problem of the car body . we would like to expalin it .the goods is orignal car body which from tamiya items ,the original tamiya package is with the plastic bag only .

for he reason it,s easy to roken ,so we have not using the plastic bag and use many bubble papaer and carton box to pack the goods ,it,s the most safely way to send the car body at our experience

I feel so sorry that we read that the body is damage during delivery ,

would you mind ot send us and photo for the damage body ,we will follow it for you ( we seee that a tthe mail and said tha tthe photo is send alreayd ,but we havnt receive any photo on it ,please resend it )

About the shipping time

We have recieved your payment at May 11 ,.and send out the goods to post office at May 12 .

please feel free to check your mail box hi...73@hotmail.com

we have send out the tracking number to the following hi...73@hotmail.com at May 12

the days May 17 ,is the day which the parcel is departure from HongKong airport

Normally the post office recieve the parcel and need to claer the customs .it will take around 3-4 days for post office and customs to work for it

please feel free to check your mail box hi...73@hotmail.com. it can show the day when we send out the tracking number

About the posting fee,.

it,s incluide the acutal shipping cost . insurance ,trackingnumber .handling charge .

I feel soryr that the goods is get damage during delivery again ,we will follow this case for you until it,s 100% solved

please feel free to send us the photo of the NG goods again

we will resnd 1 new 1 or refund it for you

Please advise

Sam

AND HERE'S MY REPLY:

Dear Sam,

I appreciate you taking the time to write and explain what happened prior to receiving the Tamiya polycarbonate body. The body arrived damaged here because it was not sent in a proper box. I am including some pictures for you to check how bad is the crunch the Bronco body has on its rear cab. You know I was not expecting a damaged body.

Normally I would be interested in a replacement new body, but if you send another one with a packaging like the one you already sent I am afraid that it will get damaged again.

Please stay in contact.

Best regards,

EB, b***r on eBay

--

After that, I have not heard a thing from them.

By now I feel tempted to leave negative feedback. I would like a replacement body but these people can not offer (or I wonder if they really know what really is) a professional package. What if they send another polycarbonate body and it arrives damaged again?

It's been a month and a half by now and I don't want to know any more about this sh*t.

Should I just wait for some more months for Paypal to do something about it??? :)

You all have a great day. ;)

The fact that he offered to ship a second body is good news. I'd take it, too.

I'd send another email stating that you want a replacement body and you'd like a tracking number when it ships.

Also state that you expect the body to be packed better than the first one (include a picture of the first box again as an attachment).

The language barrier is not trivial and I don't think Sam would be offended if you sent another direct email with clear instructions like that. Feedback is important to sellers and it certainly looks like Sam is willing to go the extra mile by sending another body to you.

Then, once Sam acknowledges your request and the package is indeed shipped and tracking number sent and you finally get it undamaged (yes, this means more time waiting... which you may not be willing to do at this point (but I would)), I'd give him positive feedback with a sentence that states that the seller was willing to fix damaged goods in the end, though it was a slow process. I'm sure you'd like to give a neutral rating at this point (if the 2nd body was received in perfect condition), but I wouldn't. If you get the 2nd body undamaged, then Sam did everything within his power to make things right. He wasn't the guy that packaged the first body, probably, but the customer service is what counts in the end and it should be reflected in the feedback. If getting the 2nd body undamaged is what you really wanted to happen, and it did finally happen, then positive feedback is deserved. You can still scold for slow service in correcting the problem in the positive feedback text. Anything less than this result (perfect condition 2nd body), though, should result in negative feedback. After all that waiting (twice) for a perfect body, if you get a damaged 2nd body then negative feedback is the last resort.

And I'd probably make a note to not buy a body from that seller ever again no matter what happens next. :)

G'day Eric .

I would take the replacement body they are offering you but ask Sam to make sure its packed properly this time around ,If you accept the replacement body the case you have opened with be closed as paypal would have decided it has been resolved and once its closed you cannot open it again (but he would be stupid to send it the same way again).

At least the seller has communicated with you mate and he appears to be polite about the whole incident which is a good sign .

Its up too you which way you go you can either escilate the case for a refund and let paypal decide or you can take the shell he is offering you .

I have purchased from this seller in the past with no hassles I just make sure before he sends the item that its packed really well .

The whole paypal process can be overwhelming just dont let it get to you mate .

Stay well.

Stuart.

Well, these people advertise the sale on eBay as "professionally and carefully packed". Do you really believe they will have any interest in learning how to pack properly an international shipment? In the message I got from these people it's clear they still believe it was properly packaged, and furthermore, this person calls what I have got a "box"!

I would go for a replacement, but having seen the standards they have for "professional" I would be pretty concerned about the polycarbonate body.

I believe eBay will not let me leave feedback for them -I mean there must be some specific time for doing that. My guess is these people are trying to pull things long enough so they can avoid both, my feedback and the Paypal claim.

Sam can write anything, but you have to remember they only contacted me after I decided to escalate. The couple of weeks prior to that meant nothing for them. After that, how can I believe in anything this person say? What I have in sight for me is 1) more months waiting in vain, 2) more money to lose, and 3) waking up each and every day with a burning hateful feeling in my chest. :)

You all have a good one.

Nothing to say regarding the packaging.Just one thing for the shipping charges. I as an longtime ebay user:in the cases that i sell some items happens the following.Personally dont have time to go the post office to check the prices for each item so more or less put a shipping fee using my past experiences. Most of the time when i go to the post office to send the package it turns out that my estimation was wrong and i end up paying more than what ive asked for the shipping and rarely the opposite happens.

Just another point of view.....

Eric,

You are getting wishy-washy here. First you say you want a replacement body, but when I tell you yes, indeed, go for it, you say you are worried about getting it damaged again.

You need to decide what you want to do and stick with that decision.

Sam is waiting for you to write back and ask for a replacement body or refund.

Get the refund and be done with it.

- Brian

Hiya Brian,

Actually, I was expecting Sam to offer a proper packaging this time. But, whatever... I got the GOOD NEWS TODAY!

I made a request for a partial refund as Swarm suggested. Total cost incl. shipping was $47. I said I'd take $37 to close the claim. That's better than nothing.

So, Sam agreed to do so, and now positive feedback has been left. What's left for me now is to try to find a good body now. Anyway, here's the message the rc.sausage.dog person attached:

Dear sir ,Sorry for this case first ,we would like to accept your refund request ,because we afradi the body will be get damage again during delivery ,sorry for this case again .

I want to thank you all guys for helping me and guiding me with ideas to work this unfortunate thing out.

You all have a great Thursday!

Hi Eric .

I am glad you got a result that you are happy with mate .

Sometimes it just takes patience and a strong resolve to sort these things out .

Take care mate and have a great weekend.

Stuart.