Sign in to follow this  
Whacky

TL01 Universals?

Hi there,

Does anyone know if the treaded parts of the universals are longer then the stock wheelaxels so i can use 0mm offset rimms with spacers.

I tried to put some spacers on the stock wheelaxels but i could not get the locknuts on (The nylon part did not come in contact with the Tread).

Thanks.

If you have a bunch of 0mm offset wheels, why not invest into a set of Long Span susp Arm Set for FF02 & TL01. Around 45.00. I think this Arm set will work with TB universals. I am not sure about this.

Your TL01 will be much more stable with this arm set.

quote:
Originally posted by Whacky

Hi there,

Does anyone know if the treaded parts of the universals are longer then the stock wheelaxels so i can use 0mm offset rimms with spacers.

I tried to put some spacers on the stock wheelaxels but i could not get the locknuts on (The nylon part did not come in contact with the Tread).

Thanks.

id="quote">id="quote">

Universals shaft threads are the same length as the stock wheelaxles' threads. If you want to use 0 offset wheels with spacers, you can get the "53448 4mm Hard Lock-Nut & Spacer Set". These locknuts are narrowever than normal Tamiya flangenuts (and have a steel spring plate locker ring instead of the usual nylon ring), so you can place moderate thickness spacers (included in the set) between the hex hubs and the wheels for a slightly wider thread.

If you need more width, longer wheelaxles are available from Tamiya.

TA01/TA02(rear)/TA02W/FF01(rear)/FF02/TB01/TL01/TL01B/M01/M02/M03/M04/WW2(rear)/Wild Dagger:

50808 TG10 Long Wheel Axle + 53345 (TL01, M03) Toe-In Rear Upright

FF01(front/TA02(front)/TA03/XC(front):

53332 TA03R Rear Long Wheel Axle Set (no additional parts needed)

Thanks,

The Long Supspension Arms don't make your car wider! The outer hingepin just sits more into the rim and yes it improves handeling.

I do have a lot of 0mm rims and a couple of 190mm cars so i don't want to buy some other rims yust for this car.

I do have the TG10 long wheelaxels+long hex adapters but i want to put a universel in front and i want my car to be 184mm or 186mm so i can fit 190mm body's.

I will try the "53448 4mm Hard Lock-Nut & Spacer Set" to se if this works.

Greatz Whacky.