Sign in to follow this  
stampede killer

My Blackfoot Xtreme

Looks like you need stiffer springs on the rear ;)

Not convinced on the looks of this model (not yours specifically, just the model release in general), i always think monster trucks should have oversized shocks that go up into the body and look slightly OTT and big, this just looks like a generic on-road chassis with slightly bigger wheels and taller body mounts!

oh and savour the shiny body, it wont last long ;)

Looks like you need stiffer springs on the rear ;)

Not convinced on the looks of this model (not yours specifically, just the model release in general), i always think monster trucks should have oversized shocks that go up into the body and look slightly OTT and big, this just looks like a generic on-road chassis with slightly bigger wheels and taller body mounts!

oh and savour the shiny body, it wont last long ;)

yeah, i added some preload spacers to the rear shocks, now it doesn't sag as much these shocks are better, but eventually im going to run tmaxx shocks on aftermarket shock towers

here is another video, this one is in color, but not as good of quality

this place is slow isn't it, but here is more pics

new motor (didn't realize the maintenance on brushed motors, i will be going brushless soon)

Picture001.jpg

comparison with my dads baja

Picture019.jpg

action pics from up north

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture006.jpg

hey i like your truck!

i almost bought one last year but instead i picked up an old blackfoot for a "resto-custom" build.

this year i almost bought a twin det / dual hunter, like your bf-extreme but dual motor, i picked up a super clod instead.

i swear one of these days one of those trucks (bf-extreme or twin det) will make into "my garage" lol.

you are right about the maintenance on brushed motors, too much work. i got into brushless / lipo last year and love it.

The BX is quite softly sprung on standard Tamiya CVA (black) shocks. The kit friction dampers didn't have enough travel for my liking (or any oil!). I've fitted double springs to the rear dampers on my BX. Works well and I can live with the squat. Actually the soft supsension helps it track well off road IMHO.

Anyway back to your BX stampede killer. Great shade of blue, but I'm afraid I don't like that bodyshell with those wheels, sorry. I prefer the original. (I much prefer the Baja 5b, I really want one of those, but this is a Tamiya forum :):) )

Diff.

I like your truck!

My 10yr old son is desperate for his birthday to come round so he can have one (he has to wait til october!!) I am going to order it soon though so I can sniff the new tyres and just generally admire it in its box before I build it with my lad and he sets about destroying it!!. It will be our first build together and I am looking forward to it just as much as he is! I will also get some bearings for it and a sport tuned motor (or a dirt tuned...... anyone have any thoughts on this?)

I think it will be a great truck to own (well for my son to own :P )

Rich

hey i like your truck!

i almost bought one last year but instead i picked up an old blackfoot for a "resto-custom" build.

this year i almost bought a twin det / dual hunter, like your bf-extreme but dual motor, i picked up a super clod instead.

i swear one of these days one of those trucks (bf-extreme or twin det) will make into "my garage" lol.

you are right about the maintenance on brushed motors, too much work. i got into brushless / lipo last year and love it.

it is a great truck, the newest one i have owned, i love it, i havn't had anything major break

I like your truck!

My 10yr old son is desperate for his birthday to come round so he can have one (he has to wait til october!!) I am going to order it soon though so I can sniff the new tyres and just generally admire it in its box before I build it with my lad and he sets about destroying it!!. It will be our first build together and I am looking forward to it just as much as he is! I will also get some bearings for it and a sport tuned motor (or a dirt tuned...... anyone have any thoughts on this?)

I think it will be a great truck to own (well for my son to own :P )

Rich

that is the way i got started, my dad bought me a stadium blitzer when i was 7, and now im 17, and have all my trucks, like i said above, i havn't broke anything major, just lost some screws is it.

more, they all didn't fit in one post

6-16-10027.jpg

6-16-10028.jpg

6-16-10031.jpg

6-16-10045.jpg

6-16-10049.jpg

notice the determination on my face, trying to avoid hitting the camera man

6-16-10030.jpg

poser pictures

6-16-10035.jpg

6-16-10036.jpg

6-16-10037.jpg

will have another video up tomorrow

cool spot, i wish i had a place like that to run my rc's.

very slow forum, or no one likes my truck enough to comment ;)

Sorry, that's my fault, my keyboard was covered in drool after checking your pics,

so I couldn't reply.

What wheels and shell is that you have?, sorry didn't read it all, only drool over pics normally. B)

I'm not a big fan of the shell or wheels (tyres look nice and chunky though) but that's beside the point. Great pics and looks like you are having buckets of fun and that's the main thing B)