Jacko Boy

Perth Western Australia

Sounds like a plan . So we could use it on 1st or 3rd week , IF we wanted ?.

Sounds like a plan . So we could use it on 1st or 3rd week , IF we wanted ?.

Initially we have to piggy back a club day. Adrian has no problem with us taking over the track for the arvo. Also it sounds like there is a few chaps down there with vintage stuff including Tamiya !

#Edit# If the general consensus is that we would prefer to run in the morning on a non club Sunday, please chime in and I can ask the question. Where I have left this is I've told Adrian that I'll get back to him once we have agreed on a date that suits everyone.

Initially we have to piggy back a club day. Adrian has no problem with us taking over the track for the arvo. Also it sounds like there is a few chaps down there with vintage stuff including Tamiya !

#Edit# If the general consensus is that we would prefer to run in the morning on a non club Sunday, please chime in and I can ask the question. Where I have left this is I've told Adrian that I'll get back to him once we have agreed on a date that suits everyone.

Looks great (Track picture) Thommo. Thanks for following this up also. For April the 2nd or 4th Sunday would be great. As for the month of May my work schedule might vary, which i would have figure out late April. Cheers.

I went down to the track for the Bombshell classic, didn't speak to anyone just went to check out the track & watch I bit of racing.

sounds like they are going to let us have the run of the track, how does everyone want to run? do we want to have races or just drive around like last time?

& what cars is everyone going to run?

DSC_0003_zps53c5f29c.jpg

DSC_0005_zps805886e0.jpg

I'm quite happy just to run around the track, get plenty of free laps and get some good pics of our cars. If we get to run some races, then great!

I'm bringing my Astute, Egress, DB01, Holiday Buggy and my Brat if it's finished in time.

Can't wait. ;)

Agree, just a run around the track. If we find we have a few of the same cars, maybe we could set up a little bit of racing.

From the pictures above, is this how busy they got? or is this a before/after event shot?

Here is a link. You enter the park straight off the end of Aldis St, Greenwood.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=aldis+st+greenwood&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&oe=utf8&rlz=1I7DDAU_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=Q7pVUaK5H4WokQX1mIG4Cw&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg

@Tipsy, I wouldn't say it was busy. It's a small local club.

I also noticed they have some Hot Shots on their home page now.

http://www.carinerccc.com/

Hi All,

OK, here is an update. We are confirmed for Sunday 28th April at Carine RCCC, Penistone Park as per my last post.

Adrian expects them to finish their regular Sunday racing by 1:00pm and we can run on the track after that and for as long as we want.

I think we should all try and get there for 12:00pm for a catch up, shoot the breeze, get cars ready and also check out a bit of club racing.

Adrian has told me that if this goes well, he will consider allowing us to use the track for future meetings on our own Sunday morning. He just wants to see how this goes first.

I hope that you all support this idea and that you can all make it on Sunday 28th April. I will provide another update once I have another message from Adrian. Please don't hesitate to post your thoughts and ideas for this event guys, speak soon.

Thanks Thommo

Thanks again for arranging this. 12.00pm will be fine. I hope to get an old Super Champ up and running by then.

cheers

Awesome. If Jacko Boy can make it, there will be a few SRB's this year which would be great.

OK here is our attendance list so far:

beetlebanger1

Jacko Boy

Madmuz77

SB_Aust

Tipsy

Thommo

Tumbles & Lukey

matman - to be advised pending work. (matman, see if your mate Allan wants to come down ?)

stickman - to be advised pending Jacko Boy making contact with him.

Wild Willy Speed Shop - MIA (no reply)

Sunday is now looking 50/50 for rain. Please monitor this thread because this is really the best way to update everyone.

We can all make a judgement call together on this via this thread, Sunday morning if its raining.

Feedback welcome as always !

Typical. No rain for most of April, then only really forecast for Sunday! Hopefully it will be the usual rain through the night, and dry by the morning.

Sunday is now looking 50/50 for rain. Please monitor this thread because this is really the best way to update everyone.

We can all make a judgement call together on this via this thread, Sunday morning if its raining.

Feedback welcome as always !

Well keep me updated & i will look on sunday morning .

As i am thinking of coming up for a look & will have to come home .

As i have WAY to much work to do , But don't want to miss out .

If it rains , Then i won't be coming . I will make my choice on sunday /\ .

Hi Guys

At the moment i am contending with a heavy cold/flu since Friday, caught from my workplace. I am dosing up with Codral etc. I will have to see how i am tomorrow morning also..

Here's hoping you guys can both get over the line. Should be crackin fun tomorrow. Just test ran the Egress today so 4 buggies ready to go for me. :)

Here's hoping you guys can both get over the line. Should be crackin fun tomorrow. Just test ran the Egress today so 4 buggies ready to go for me. :)

(7.00am WST) Sorry guys still feeling lousy today. Unlikely i will be able to come out this time. I am annoyed with myself cause I had my Super Champ and Rough Rider ready to go since last weekend.

Forecast is for a dry day so I'll be making my way there for 12pm.

although their website mentions access via aldis street, does this mean we can get our (real) cars closer to the track via that road, or do we leave them on Aldis street? I can see there are car parks via Penistone Steet and Ranleigh Way?

There is access into the park at the end of Aldis so yeah, you can park under the trees trackside.

Excellent news. Especially when im taking all 8 cars again

Well i have been thinking & it's just going to be a long day . 4 hours to get there & the same home .

I woud not be able to stay to long 1 or 2 hours & would have to head home .

I was looking to see if it was going to rain , As i would have done the trip & would have rained off

mondays jobs . But it looks like i can't & can't take the gambel .

Would have been great to have been there , I was not going to run . But may have taken up beetlebanger1's old

Sand scorcher for a run & of course may Boomerang .

So Sorry guys & have a great day & get plenty of pic's .

Boo! Hope to see you next time matman.

Just got a call from Adrian. They are running this morning and conditions are perfect. Last nights rain is keeping the dust down but no mud. We should hit the track around 1pm.

His guys have brought their vintage cars down too and they are well keen. Sweeet!