Jacko Boy

Perth Western Australia

I think we'll just take a raincheck on the idea for now then.

matman you have the most to travel by far, so just let us know when it suits you and we can work around that. Remember 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month is when we might be able to get the track.

Guys,

How about having 2 runs? One in October and one in November? See what interest is about obviously, but it would be a shame to miss out on any get together.

Cheers Tipsy, I'm pretty happy to sit back and guage interest at the moment.

I'm keen most of the time , But work can kill it at peak time sadly ....

+ i'm doing a 1:1 build commodore ute at the moment as well .

May be heading up to perth tomorrow to pick up a 6 speed gear box .

for a 5L V8 that i'm going to change to 5.7 L etc .

So at the moment it looks like there are only three of us keen at the moment

, of a bash . Sadly , come on perth members ....

The Sundays I can make it (based on the first and third Sunday of the month)

November 3rd or November 17th

December 1st

Cheers, Steve.

Hi guys,

I have out of the hobby for a while due to work and house moving etc etc...I want to rectify that and would like to come along to you next meet if thats OK :)

Cheers

Dave

Hi guys,

I have out of the hobby for a while due to work and house moving etc etc...I want to rectify that and would like to come along to you next meet if thats OK :)

Cheers

Dave

Hi & welcome back . Of course you can come , more the better .

Hi guys,

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave, that would be great. Not quite sure when the next meet will be but please keep your eye on this thread for updates.

Gday Everyone,

We have been invited to hold our next meet once again at the Carine RCCC track located at Penistone Park in sunny Greenwood. The date is Sunday 17th November, this time we will start in the morning and have exclusive access to track and facilities.

Please see the following, from Club President, Adrian.

Hi Justin

Sunday the 17th would be ok as the Tamiyas dont damage the track and it will be in good nick ready for the following weekends event. If enough people are keen the club would like to do sausage sizzle to raise funds plus a $5 per person entry fee or $10 entry fee that includes hot dog and drink for lunch . Do you think this would be ok as we dont want to discourage people from going .

There are a few more members from the club keen to go this time so with your guys as well it should be a good turnout .

Cheers

Adrian

It's really important that we know how many people are coming this time around so please show your support for this event by posting your interest in attending.

Also please nominate what group classes you would like to run in? I am open to suggestion here but I would think that 2WD and 4WD in both 540 and open class would be a good start. For now this will be freestyle / practice laps but racing is an option if enough people are interested.

http://www.carinerccc.com/

Regards

Thommo

Sounds good to me, count me in. $10 for lunch & use of the track, bargain.

I'm open to any group/class or race too, although none of my runners have stock motors. That can be changed though.

Sounds good to me, count me in. $10 for lunch & use of the track, bargain.

I'm open to any group/class or race too, although none of my runners have stock motors. That can be changed though.

That's great Muz, I'm glad you can make it. I have had a couple of confirmation emails today too, so I'll post up a list once everyone else has confirmed.

Regarding stock motors, I'm interested to know if everyone prefers to include Sport Tuned and GT Tuned motors or keep it strictly to 540 silver can. All input welcome on this.

17th November I will be there!

In case i missed it, what is the starting time? Cheers.

Sounds great, put me down for 2wd 540. Need to get the Blitzer running asap.

I think some racing would be the way to go. although I haven't really raced that much in the past. do we need transponders?

Will be good to meet everyone.

Cheers,

Brenden.

I will check the date as I have some people over in November, but will get back to you asap.

Think I'll dust off the Clod and my old Frog...going to have a dig around and see what else I can cobble together :)

Cheers

Dave

Great response so far guys. Here is the confirmed list to date.

Jacko Boy

Madmuz77

SB_Aust

Stickman

Tipsy

Thommo

Wild Willy Speed Shop

Just a couple more of our guys to add to the list plus 5 or 6 guys from the Carine RCCC and we should get close to 15 people running on the day.

Don't forget to nominate your classes. I will be running Astute in 2WD stock (or 540 if we restrict it) and TA02 Brat in 4WD open. Personally, I'm happy to include GT tuned and Sports Tuned in the stock class but if the majority are going to run 540 silver cans then we will keep it at 540 only. Please do voice your opinion on this! We could also run a fun class that includes Lunchboxes, Wild Willy's, Clods, Monster Beetles, Blackfoots etc etc.

Ok , I don't think i have anything stock . Will have too look into it . Looks like i do have some 540 runners < sadly .

I'm sure i can come , But will know closer to the weekend .

2wd 540 novafox & fox , 2wd sand scorcher 540 , brushless Egress 4wd , brushless Boomerang 4wd & GT motor supershot 4wd .

Wild one 2wd with some sort of motor , Bigwig 4wd GT motor .

I also have Clod & wildwilly 2 .

Way 2 go matman, game on.

I'll get back to Adrian and we'll lock it in.

OK, so we are all set for Sunday 17th November. If anyone has a pop up gazebo for extra shade or a trestle table, please bring them along as there is not much room in the shed. For those of you that haven't been before, entry to the track is directly into Penistone Park from Aldis St in Greenwood. https://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Aldis+St,+Greenwood,+Western+Australia&aq=0&oq=Aldis+St+greenwood&sll=39.5943,-86.102141&sspn=0.014551,0.033023&vpsrc=0&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Aldis+St,+Greenwood+Western+Australia+6024&t=m&z=17&ei=H9lcUvHYL87NlAXbg4C4Cw&pw=2

Parking is trackside and well shaded. If you have any questions, just post up here or please send me a PM. I have nominated for everyone from our group but if you have any friends or family that do want to participate, please let me know. $10 entry fee applies and also includes a hot dog and drink for lunch.

FYI, here is the Carine RCCC club newsletter that went out yesterday.

The Perth Tamiya club will be holding a vintage fun day at the Carine track on Sunday the 17th of November . Gates open from 9am with casual racing from 10 am . $10 per person gets you in and includes a hot dog and drink for lunch . All types of vintage cars and Tamiya re release classics welcome and we will split into classes for racing , 4wd , 2wd silver can , modified as well as clods , lunch boxes , wild willys etc

Please reply to this email with your details if you wish to attend

Thanks
CRCCC

Gates open at 9am for set up and practice. Please note that by casual racing, we really do mean "casual" and will be running mostly free laps or practice laps in each class. We will then run some 5 lap races in each class for everyone who is interested.

• Like 1

Thanks for the details.

I should be able to bring my silver can powered, Sand Scorcher, Super Champ - in the process of a restore but will spray a quick coat of blue paint on her, currently a horrible burgandy colour from it's previous owner, Lunchbox.

I will try and get a Monster Beetle up and running also by then. I have no sports tuned motors so for me only 540 silver can.

You will have to bring your Durga for a little blast around the track. I'm sneaking mine in!

Thanks for all the details, sounding like it should be a good day :)

I have a gazebo and folding table, but can't guarantee they will fit in my car, will bring them if they do though..

Hey Thommo,

Well done on organising another meet. Im back from my 2 weeks overseas, and will certainly be able to attend. Although most of my cars are brushless, i'm sure i can bring some stock/Sport Tuned/TZ/RZ typr motors to slot in place. My get my novaFox built as I managed to get an original NIB Fox just before my trip. (Soon to update sowroom with 3 NIB's purchased just before my trip).

I've got a folding table too so will bring along.