Jacko Boy

Perth Western Australia

7 hours ago, Thommo said:

Hey Mate..... I haven't charged a battery since the last catch up myself.  Been working on the 1:1 car and getting ready for some cruising over summer.  How about you ?

Haven't run any of mine for a few months actually.
Been getting teaching work where/when I can, fiddling around with CAD, also did go to Japan for a holiday.
Other than that, not much.

Japan is on my wish list,  C'mon..... you must have made a few purchases over there.

Me too , done nothing much RC for some time .  I would love to go to japan as well . 

Heya,

I didn't buy anything really RC actually. Found a fantastic RC shop in Osaka though. Huge.
I visited the Tamiya HQ in Shizuoka as a kind of pilgrimage, but there's not much there to see unless you go on an open day I guess. Static displays of real cars and their model range is ok though. Somehow they managed to design glass display cabinets that get dusty on the inside.

There is a small shop in there which is mostly souvenir type stuff. I bought a couple t-shirts and a long sleeved shirt with Team Hornet on it.

I recommend Japan highly as a place to visit. I did live there for a while too. Kinda want to go back. Especially as employment prospects here are so ******* atm.

Actually, another hobby of mine (I have too many) is model trains. Bought some N scale stuff at the aforementioned hobby store in Osaka. Just wanted some Japanese trains to play with.

G'day Perth Crew,

A friend of mine is selling his RC stuff and asked me to post this for him (before it hits Gumtree).

Subaru Brat (chrome edition) - Only run a couple of times.  A couple of cracks front and rear though on the chrome body.  It did the old run away on him the very first time he powered it up.

Blitzer Beetle decals - NIP

He only wants $80 for both.  Please PM if you're interested.

Heya guys, it's been a while.
Seeing as it's spring we should have another get together.
More importantly, for me anyway, what kind of chargers were you guys using that last time we hung out. I don't have anything mobile for charging my batteries from.
I'd also want it to be able to charge LiPo's.

Agree !

That would get me off my butt and get some cars running after the winter shut down.  I pulled electrics out of three runners to do a bit of a shuffle and never went any further.

It's ideal if we can do it at a time when Mat is in town.

Ha , I'm snowed under with RC cars at the moment :LOL: .  But i'm keen at some point . As long as it's not the stinking hot day 

I'm good .  @chickenman242tk You still keen ?.  When are we looking at ??? . 

On 16 September 2018 at 12:28 PM, Pablo68 said:

Heya guys, it's been a while.
Seeing as it's spring we should have another get together.
More importantly, for me anyway, what kind of chargers were you guys using that last time we hung out. I don't have anything mobile for charging my batteries from.
I'd also want it to be able to charge LiPo's.

I missed this . Most chargers do both , 12v & 240v jobs & do most batteries . That all i had . My charger was Swallow and did everything

. Now that one of my batteries caught fire < it has screwed that good old charger . :(  .  I don't think they even do Swallow chargers

anymore , these days ? Do they .. Was cheap at the time and was the 2nd one i have had . I have had it for 10 or so years .

Go to hobby shop and look at them & ask . Also when your there get a li-po Bag << a must . 

• Like 1

Gday all.

Just happened to stumble across this thread. B)

Seeing I'm living in WA now, I thought I should show my face so to speak.

To save me trolling through the 18 pages, can anyone please give me a quick run down of where, when, and what goes? :D

Cheers!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Falcon#5 said:

Gday all.

To save me trolling through the 18 pages, can anyone please give me a quick run down of where, when, and what goes? :D

Cheers!

Now is this Thee Falcon#5 from over east ?. 

Barker Road, Sth Guildford WA 

Great Eastern Hwy Bypass and Kalamunda rd , There is a dirt track for push bikes etc . 

I drive 400k's or so to get there , so not too sure how far you are . You runing a falcon :D . 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, matman said:

I missed this . Most chargers do both , 12v & 240v jobs & do most batteries . That all i had . My charger was Swallow and did everything

. Now that one of my batteries caught fire < it has screwed that good old charger . :(  .  I don't think they even do Swallow chargers

anymore , these days ? Do they .. Was cheap at the time and was the 2nd one i have had . I have had it for 10 or so years .

Go to hobby shop and look at them & ask . Also when your there get a li-po Bag << a must . 

Yeah, I have a dual charger (two batts, same time) it has (what looks like) an input on the back for 12V, in XT60 form. I just can't find a cable with battery clamps on one end and and XT-60 on the other.

24 minutes ago, Falcon#5 said:

Gday all.

Cheers!

Welcome to WA! ha ha ha.
Yeah looks like you've been covered as far as where we like to meet up to bash, now if you want to actually do some racing there is the West Coast RC club in Ashfield down the track a bit. Fairly welcoming bunch there.

32 minutes ago, matman said:

Great Eastern Hwy Bypass and Kalamunda rd , There is a dirt track for push bikes etc . 

I drive 400k's or so to get there , so not too sure how far you are . You runing a falcon :D . 

You've probably mentioned it before, but I didn't realise you were coming so far to bash with us.

Props mate.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, matman said:

42 minutes ago, Pablo68 said:

Welcome to WA! ha ha ha.
Yeah looks like you've been covered as far as where we like to meet up to bash, now if you want to actually do some racing there is the West Coast RC club in Ashfield down the track a bit. Fairly welcoming bunch there.

Yep, the one and only! B)

No Falcon to be run any time soon unfortunately.

Mooching around today for a Hornet rear end I stumbled across a Falcon stash.

2 complete cars and enough parts for maybe another 4 lol.

All need work, and I've decided to retire my original - poor old bird has seen better days.

I might post a video of her final run.

I'm 600km away along the GT Eastern Hwy - only one place that could be!

Been here 4 years now, raced a few times at GRCMCC.

Great to hear there is Vintage interest in Perth.

I'm guessing West Coast RC Club race 1/10th off-road?

Also, is there a club that still race 1/10th Mini on-road?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Falcon#5 said:

Yep, the one and only! B)

No Falcon to be run any time soon unfortunately.

Mooching around today for a Hornet rear end I stumbled across a Falcon stash.

2 complete cars and enough parts for maybe another 4 lol.

All need work, and I've decided to retire my original - poor old bird has seen better days.

I might post a video of her final run.

I'm 600km away along the GT Eastern Hwy - only one place that could be!

Been here 4 years now, raced a few times at GRCMCC.

Great to hear there is Vintage interest in Perth.

I'm guessing West Coast RC Club race 1/10th off-road?

Also, is there a club that still race 1/10th Mini on-road?

badword, you out there in Kal?

How does one just, 'come across' a stash of Falcon bits n bobs enough for that many cars?
I've just recently stumbled across one in good nick and at a reasonable price online, and I was looking for a while.
Maybe tidy up the original and retire it to the shelf then, send pics though.

Yeah WCRC race 1/10 offroad and several classes of onroad too. There is some interest there in vintage, possibly a class for them, I'm not entirely sure.
Sorry I don't know about 1/10 mini onroad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pablo68 said:

badword, you out there in Kal?

How does one just, 'come across' a stash of Falcon bits n bobs enough for that many cars?
I've just recently stumbled across one in good nick and at a reasonable price online, and I was looking for a while.
Maybe tidy up the original and retire it to the shelf then, send pics though.

Yeah WCRC race 1/10 offroad and several classes of onroad too. There is some interest there in vintage, possibly a class for them, I'm not entirely sure.
Sorry I don't know about 1/10 mini onroad.

Kal is where it's at lol.

I was looking in the shed and opened a box.

I knew i had a couple of complete ones and some parts, but forgot i had so much! :lol:

(Not including the NIP collection of parts to build a complete Falcon :ph34r:)

The things one collects over time...

Will be checking out WCRC, my cars and I need a run!

Thanks for the info Pablo B)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Falcon#5 said:

I knew i had a couple of complete ones and some parts, but forgot i had so much! :lol:

Not a problem, they have a page on Facebook btw.

image.jpeg.2d9c8b80663f520c85d4f6d9fbbe00ac.jpeg

No oil in shocks, rear hub held together with heat shrink, front chassis brace bent like a banana, rear wing missing, body in pieces held together with Gaffa tape and rubber bands. Poor thing was lucky to survive my childhood, let alone racing lol.

First and only time she had a transponder in her .

Been trying to find video of this race, will get there.

6 minutes ago, Falcon#5 said:

image.jpeg.2d9c8b80663f520c85d4f6d9fbbe00ac.jpeg

No oil in shocks, rear hub held together with heat shrink, front chassis brace bent like a banana, rear wing missing, body in pieces held together with Gaffa tape and rubber bands. Poor thing was lucky to survive my childhood, let alone racing lol.

First and only time she had a transponder in her .

Been trying to find video of this race, will get there.

Wow, ha ha ha that is legendary. Maybe put it on the shelf as is then. It would have a bunch of stories to tell.

2 minutes ago, Pablo68 said:

Wow, ha ha ha that is legendary. Maybe put it on the shelf as is then. It would have a bunch of stories to tell.

That's the plan.

Put it back together the way it was.

Aesthetically it's no different, put the old MSC and AM RX back in, and remember the good times.

I pity the poor thing everytime I look at it :lol:

RC10 re-re was fresh off the ranks. Poor old bird had no chance - neither did I if anyone can recognise any names I'm racing against :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Falcon#5 said:

That's the plan.

Put it back together the way it was.

Aesthetically it's no different, put the old MSC and AM RX back in, and remember the good times.

I pity the poor thing everytime I look at it :lol:

RC10 re-re was fresh off the ranks. Poor old bird had no chance - neither did I if anyone can recognise any names I'm racing against :P

He he, that was pretty cool.

10 hours ago, Falcon#5 said:

Kal has a great RC track & some good racing , they also run Kal V Esperance race's in kal & esp tracks . 1/8th , 1/10th etc off road .

Not too sure if they run vintage , but you can pop in and look . 

How can you forget all the falcon parts , Your thee falcon man :lol: .

• Like 1

I haven't raced there since they redone the track for the state titles a couple of years ago.

A 1/8th EP Buggy is in my collection now and will get some racing under my belt next year.

There was a round of the Red Dirt & Blue Water series in Esp a few weeks ago, and the Geraldton round of the Challenge Cup is this weekend.

Been a couple of years since I've tinkered with anything really, and have forgotten what I have squirrelled away.

Found a half dozen chassis from various Tamiyas I forgot I had too :lol:

There are boxes and boxes tucked away that I don't know what they contain...

I noticed a NIB Falcon for sale. I keep telling myself to draw the line at NIB kits...

Although a re-re that will be built is different ;)

• Like 1