Jacko Boy

Perth Western Australia

9 hours ago, Thommo said:

March / April then.... you're on !

Only 1 year later we might get a few new crew...

Who is left here in WA ?.  @chickenman242tk Is new & there are others .

@Bananasmoothie1975

@Pablo68

@Wild Willy Speed Shop

@chickenman242tk

There was another guy that popped up recently too but I can't remember his handle right now.  Please join in this conversation Guy's.  These get together's in the past have been really enjoyable and an opportunity to meet the other mad buggas.

@matman, as always Mate, happy to work around a date when you're in Perth if possible.

What I'm really interested in is any new locations that you Guy's might be able to recommend where we can park really close to the run zone and not too harsh on old cars.  Previously we've run a meeting at the rec area on Barker Road, South Guildford which is a great spot.  I just want to make sure we're not missing out on a PRIMO location somewhere that I'm not aware of.

Don't be shy and let us know your best ideas for where the next WATC meet could be ?

Heya,

Yeah I'll try to keep tabs on this. Could be fun.

There is a place I've been meaning to try at Port Beach in Freo. It's just a large flat area, used to be a fuel depot, big fuel tanks and stuff, very long time ago. Might be the odd rock that's a bit big and harsh though. Mixture of old tarmac, sand and gravel.

Good Onya Mate for jumping in.  I should have mentioned that in the past we've only run off-roaders, buggies, trucks and crawlers.  Barker Road is a mix of gravel and clay with not too many big boondies to avoid and it has a good amount of small jumps.

Ideally we're looking for a public bmx or dirt track or alternatively really short cut or roller mowed grass or a mix of firm patchy grass and white sand.  Preferably with some undulations or jumps.  I run at a few small public limestone based tracks that are near me but that's more for convenience as they still don't stack up as good as Barker Road.

WATC280413006Small_zps30fa45a4.jpg

WATC220412002.jpg

WATC220412018.jpg

• Like 1

South guildford for the win i guess

Ive got a decent area local but its nor , i havent been out for a run since christmas , just need some time lol

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chickenman242tk said:

Ive got a decent area local but its nor , i havent been out for a run since christmas , just need some time lol

What would you bring out ?. We are looking to run in March / April < i would say closer to April :D . 

So it would be great if you can have a look at your spot & maybe take some pic's << text me them

if you like & i can put them up here . 

Hey Guy's, check this place out...  It's at the end of Niltonia Lane in Beechboro, has anyone been here for a spin ?  Check out those steep embankments on the top right, looks like it would be great for crawling / climbing as well as dirt burning.  I spotted this at a glance when driving along Reid Hwy.

Could this be the next spot for a group run ?

https://www.google.com.au/maps/search/MAPS/@-31.8628189,115.9199362,241m/data=!3m1!1e3

I also tried searching "BMX tracks" on Google Maps.  This comes up with some good results, check it out for a BMX track near you.

58 minutes ago, Thommo said:

Hey Guy's, check this place out...  It's at the end of Niltonia Lane in Beechboro, has anyone been here for a spin ?  Check out those steep embankments on the top right, looks like it would be great for crawling / climbing as well as dirt burning.  I spotted this at a glance when driving along Reid Hwy.

Could this be the next spot for a group run ?

https://www.google.com.au/maps/search/MAPS/@-31.8628189,115.9199362,241m/data=!3m1!1e3

I also tried searching "BMX tracks" on Google Maps.  This comes up with some good results, check it out for a BMX track near you.

Looks all right . But it seems like a lot of 4wheels driving & bikes will be there ?.  I'm almost thinking if we just find a park

of sort ? .  I can make up some jumps , like the old school days .  I'm happy to go where ever !.  Even in a back yard if we had to

:lol:   .. 

Yeah Barker Road, Sth Guildford is probably still the best venue.  Just let us know when you're up this way Mate, otherwise I can set a date that we can all work towards.

• Like 2

On 2 March 2017 at 7:13 PM, chickenman242tk said:

Where's your local ?

you're on 666 posts too btw   \m/

Haha Not anymore

I usually like to run down at sth Guildford but being so time poor these days I haven't had anything out since early January, even that was just locally with the 8ight 2.0 through one of the new sub divisions. 

There are a few decent ovals around ellenbrook way , 1 has a decent park so i can take the kid and i can play too lol

On 4/13/2017 at 8:47 AM, matman said:

Looks all right . But it seems like a lot of 4wheels driving & bikes will be there ?.  

It looks cut up but I've never seen any vehicles in there and I go past all the time.  I suspect it might get a few midnight hoons but it's always vacant during the day.  The place is huge !

• Like 1

Hey guys it's been a while but I still lurk these forums from time to time.

It would be good dust off a few cars meet up for a run. So if you come up with a time & place you can count me in.

Also I've decided to thin my collection down to about 10 cars, so I have a lot of stuff to sell.

Would rather pass it to club members so a club meet is a good place to start.

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:29 PM, Thommo said:

It looks cut up but I've never seen any vehicles in there and I go past all the time.  I suspect it might get a few midnight hoons but it's always vacant during the day.  The place is huge !

I go past there all the time too but I haven't been in there, will check it out next time I go past but it looks like a typical 4wd area.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Madmuz77 said:

Hey guys it's been a while but I still lurk these forums from time to time.

It would be good dust off a few cars meet up for a run. So if you come up with a time & place you can count me in.

Also I've decided to thin my collection down to about 10 cars, so I have a lot of stuff to sell.

Would rather pass it to club members so a club meet is a good place to start.

I go past there all the time too but I haven't been in there, will check it out next time I go past but it looks like a typical 4wd area.

Hay M8 , good to see your still alive .  So what ya going to sell ? . 

We need to know whos coming & make a date / time etc .  

As it looks like 4 to 5 of us ?.  Maybe . 

• Like 1

@Madmuz77

Good stuff !

Looking forward to a catch up Mate, we're long overdue for a blast.

• Like 2

All right I went past that bushland near Beechboro today on the way home from work & its surrounded by a barbed wire fence. so I think that's out.

19 hours ago, matman said:

Hay M8 , good to see your still alive .  So what ya going to sell ? . 

We need to know whos coming & make a date / time etc .  

As it looks like 4 to 5 of us ?.  Maybe . 

yeh m8 had to put my hobbies on the back burner for a while & save my $$$$ for a real car.

as for what I'm selling to much to think of off the top of my head, I'll make a bit of list & get back to you.

What happened to all the Perth members?  I know life gets in the way sometimes but I thought we would have gained a few new members by now.

I know you guys are out there chime in.

19 hours ago, Thommo said:

@Madmuz77

Good stuff !

Looking forward to a catch up Mate, we're long overdue for a blast.

I agree mate looong overdue.

• Like 2

Ok , i have been in contact with Brad ( ducati848 ) , he has asked to put this on this FB page . tamiya vintage austraila .

As there are a few that would come , that are not on TC . So we may need to get into gear & get time / day , place etc .

Next month some time ???? non supercar weekend :D . 

Yeah Mate, the date is your call given the distance you have to travel.  Once you've locked in a date, the rest of us can work towards it.  If folks have other commitments, they just get there when they can.

Non formal just like the first one we ran I think.  Also lets avoid 14/5 - Mothers Day !

Non Supercar weekend - Ha Ha, that really ticked me off ! :D  The weather is so flippin perfect right now we are guaranteed rain aren't we......:rolleyes:

Ha is it going to rain next weekend in Perth ?. bug gerrr that will make it fun , just like tassie was . 

Was thinking end of next month ish ?. WIll need to find out if i can 1st . As where i live ( free)  they may go away

and i have to look after farm . So i will ask & book the weekend etc .  lol , but i do have a hole house to live in free .

2 hours ago, chickenman242tk said:

I'm still keen guys , hopefully I can get the boomer project finished in time

Well you need to pull your eggs out and move on it :P  .  Will be good to see it running , have you even started it yet :lol:  . 

Ok , the 28th May sunday 8am or 9am is the go . 

Where are we going to have this ? . 

@Thommo , @chickenman242tk  , @Pablo68 , @Madmuz77  .

What do you think , will need to know so i can put it FB page ,  tamiya vintage australia .

So give me a where & time Please . 

• Like 1