Jump to content
Jacko Boy

Perth Western Australia

Recommended Posts

Hi Gents and Happy NY....

Just a quick one, which is the best hobby shop in Perth in general for Tamiya stuff ?   Even tools and general bits and pieces, where should I go ?

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thommo said:

Hi Gents and Happy NY....

Just a quick one, which is the best hobby shop in Perth in general for Tamiya stuff ?   Even tools and general bits and pieces, where should I go ?

Cheers

TBH, not really sure these days.
I have been going to a place recently called Hobbytech in Myaree. They have a good range of lots of stuff, including random RC spares and tools. It's on Leach Highway, next to a JB Hifi store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Mate, I think Paul and Mat have been going somewhere....

Mat, where did you get your Super Astute kits from ?  I'm not looking to buy kits but just keen to know where to go to get my Tamiya fix locally.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Thommo said:

Cheers Mate, I think Paul and Mat have been going somewhere....

Mat, where did you get your Super Astute kits from ?  I'm not looking to buy kits but just keen to know where to go to get my Tamiya fix locally.

Hi all and HNY .

Got Super Astutes from Ace Hobbies ( Midland ) but not too sure how much spears they have ?. 

Perth RC have some kits , but not sure on spears .  Also have tools .

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK so I checked out MAS Hobbies in Balcatta.  I couldn't believe it..... they have a Super Astute kit in stock for $378.  This is very near the same price as my pre-order from Stella only I'll be waiting for weeks to see my kit.

He also has an Avante Black Special plus a heap of Tamiya kits including re-releases.  I got most of the supplies that I was looking for and he gave me some inside on the Distributors website  https://www.southernmodels.com.au  As distributors, they don't sell to the public but you can check out an item on https://www.southernmodels.com.au/  and get the product code.  This is the Australian product code that the LHS needs to place an order.  ^_^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Thommo said:

OK so I checked out MAS Hobbies in Balcatta.  I couldn't believe it..... they have a Super Astute kit in stock for $378.  This is very near the same price as my pre-order from Stella only I'll be waiting for weeks to see my kit.

He also has an Avante Black Special plus a heap of Tamiya kits including re-releases.  I got most of the supplies that I was looking for and he gave me some inside on the Distributors website  https://www.southernmodels.com.au  As distributors, they don't sell to the public but you can check out an item on https://www.southernmodels.com.au/  and get the product code.  This is the Australian product code that the LHS needs to place an order.  ^_^

Well that's just nuts. Thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for a thread bump. B)

Anyone been out for a run?

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me , no :( . Would be great some time again .. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a few outings at a local school during lock-down.   Ran the DB01 / Sand Viper and CC01.  Struggling for time these days unfortunately.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've recently been running my big scale stuff (Xmaxx and a 5b) and my 4x4 Slash with my boys.
Quite pleasant to sit down with my (now adult) sons and shoot the shirt while driving RC cars. Good times.

Keen to meet up with the crew in here again for a run of the RC cars.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Falcon#5 said:

Time for a thread bump. B)

Anyone been out for a run?

 

I'm sure with that statement your talking about RC's cars :P  And not us running :lol: .  

Have you been running anything rc ?. 

Then again , I do have my losi 2.0 miniT with me . As i have had to go to New Zealand and i have been in ISO 

for about week and a bit , get out on sunday 21st june , then fly to Napier .  Not sure how long i'm here for .

Maybe two weeks or three weeks , then head back to Aus . Then ISO again for two weeks :( .

But hope i can do it at home , but that won't happen , as Plane flys into Melbourne then to Perth the next day i think .

Sadly Mum passed away on the 3 june and i could not get there in time , as you would know ( Covid stuff )  . 

Cancer got worse and just like that gone :( ... 

So i will be away for some time , so guys rc away if you can . 

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, matman said:

Some sad stuff

Very sorry to hear that mate.
Yeah Covid sure has made things a lot more complicated.
Hope you're ok.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad news @matman. Sorry to hear. I hope you are doing as well as possible under the circumstances.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been running any RC myself. No time. I need to make the time somehow.

Wife and daughter have been hinting at a Perth trip.

If it happens I might have to drop them off at Joondalup shopping centre and head to the track with my son. :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@matman

Thoughts and best wishes are with you and family mate !

Best Regards

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...