netsmithUK

Holiday Buggy Rerelease In July

Surprises me that they do the Holiday Buggy and not the much better looking Sand Rover from this chassis type.

Say that again to yourself slowly and it'll start to make sense ;)

Good on you Tamiya. Good call.

Hopefully now Pargu2000 will pick up on my request for Alloy wheels for the HB/SR :D

And no doubt People will be asking constantly for repro of Original holiday buggy decal as im sure Tamiya will be deleting lots of old sponsors from the re re sheets as they have in previous re-re's.

Great news. Nice way to celebrate the Holiday Buggy's 30th Anniversary.

And no doubt People will be asking constantly for repro of Original holiday buggy decal as im sure Tamiya will be deleting lots of old sponsors from the re re sheets as they have in previous re-re's.

better have 'em on standby mate :D

Great news, the Holiday Buggy was my first RC car and I must have the rere, doesnt matter that its a different chassis (infact thankfully it will be different) whats important is it will look like it. Happy days! :D

better have 'em on standby mate ;)

@ 30CMS

Plans are in progress for HB decals mate ;-) and they will be same as all my others, quality and well priced.

Seen the TC repros and they look good, pricey tho :D

Sand Rover decals already done ;-)

- Same (unpaintable body)

Please what it means unpaintable? Don't I need to paint? Or the paint does not grip on the body surface?

Max

Please what it means unpaintable? Don't I need to paint? Or the paint doeant grip on the body surface?

Max

the holiday buggy body was notoriously awkward to paint. like trying to paint a bar of soap

but with proper prep and primer it's ok

With a price like that I guess it's gonna be a pretty good selling Buggy. The last re res have been pretty expensive. I hope they keep it lightweight so you can have run times of like a day on a 1000 mah nimh.

The Sand Rover will probably follow :D

The HB was my first RC back in 1980,i was well dissapointed with run times but loved the buggy.

I can't believe this isn't a multi-page thread yet, kind of feel sorry for the Holiday Buggy. ;)

Personally I think it would be a great idea to change the chassis so as long as the original appearance remained with the body on. The only thing that concerns me is what was mentioned in post 1 --> "boxed in a TT01 size kit, rather than the old large size box." Could Tamiya adapt a TT01 chassis to fit a Holiday Buggy shell, I hope not?

Regardless of this if we can buy one for Rising Fighter money they'll sell lots, fingers crossed it's cheap.

:D

This couldn't be tt01 based. Has to be a buggy!

Hope its the original chassis. Or something completely new,

I can't believe this isn't a multi-page thread yet, kind of feel sorry for the Holiday Buggy. ;)

Personally I think it would be a great idea to change the chassis so as long as the original appearance remained with the body on. The only thing that concerns me is what was mentioned in post 1 --> "boxed in a TT01 size kit, rather than the old large size box." Could Tamiya adapt a TT01 chassis to fit a Holiday Buggy shell, I hope not?

Regardless of this if we can buy one for Rising Fighter money they'll sell lots, fingers crossed it's cheap.

:D

It's probably packaged in the TT-01 box because there are so few parts to go in there. Let's face it, the originals were over-elaborately packaged and all re-releases are manufactured with minimal production costs high on the agenda.

I think the original bathtub will be present with the suspension design upgraded to give acceptable modern performance for an entry level buggy.

I have never had a Holiday buggy but have allways wanted one.

This is a great video from youtube of a Holiday buggy. Might be a club members. But I think it really shows how enjoyable the car can be.

And, just so this doesn't turn into another decal peddling thread, TC Decals have been doing HB sheets for ages;

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/parts_shop_repro.asp

Please keep any further ads for decals in the for sale forum

I think the TT01 boxing is more a consideration for shipping. The shops can stack more and ship more for less money. ( I know that the shops prefer to ship these smaller boxes) For things like SRB box size made no difference because the weight is the killer. A light weight buggy in a small box will ship for peanuts.

I wonder if those fake Holiday Buggies from China with the flashing lights will get a rerelease too?

also declaring a TT01 sized box removes any questions about "original blister packs" etc etc

Will be great to finally get my hands on a HB body that hasn't had it's 2 front window struts cracked :lol: ! I do hope that they make that part stronger for the re-release. The front suspension attachments where the top of the pogo stick meets the chassis are nearly always snapped off in well used chassis... I hope they sort that problem out also...

With such a "cheap" / simple / lightweight kit it makes sense to have a smaller box so shops can stock this and other things more easily, plus it makes it easier to find space to put it on display at home when you've already got a ton of other large boxes with kits in.

Yeah I'll be wanting original style decals.

I think it's a great release, only hope I can afford one. Hopefully postage from HK will be reasonable!

BTW nice to see you back on here Chris.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

I do hope that they keep the box art the same (apart from changed decals) on that smaller box?! :lol:

I can't bear the photo' style box art of some of the modern releases.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

I see the usual panic selling has set in on ebay, shed loads of stuff on ebay now for holiday buggy and sand rover lol

The Sand Rover on eBay was put there ages before (in fact way before, months before this recent news) and didn't sell, then the seller re listed it again more recently.

Most of the rest of the stuff on there is mine, as I parted out some bits of a Sand Rover for friends late last year, like Wrecked (Jimmy) and others I have known for years, these were just the bits I didn't need anymore and other friends didn't ask for (you will note it is far from a complete Sand Rover kit - no box, no body, no B&C parts, A parts missing bits etc). As for panic? Don't jump to conclusions, if I wanted to panic, I would list one of the 13 NIB Sand Rover kits, or perhaps one of the 8 NIB Holiday Buggy kits. These parts aren't even the tip of the iceberg of my Sand Rover/Holiday Buggy parts and kits. In fact, some authentic original parts from these buggies may possibly become more valuable if Tamiya update them, which it is tipped here that they will do. So the chassis frame, FRP parts etc might change, for sure the decals will and so will things like the MSC and original motor, which are bound to also be updated.

If indeed it happens, as I have heard nothing about a re issue myself. Not a sausage - it would be oh so easy to admit that this was the startling news I had heard, but it just isn't. Frankly I am a little shocked that Chris is making such a revelation, considering his reputation for mischief with the Scorcher hoax :lol: and the fact that he is unlikely to get any such inside information again if he lays it out for all to hear on Tamiyaclub.com.

If anything this thread just reminded me I had them sitting in a box cluttering up my garage.

Paul.

PS : The Holiday Buggy or Sand Rover re issue idea is a nice one, as it should be simple for them to do, as they have some of the metal parts already in production for the re issue SRB cars, but I just don't think it has the interest out there, but we shall see. I have neither predicted this re issue, nor heard anything about it being considered. If it happens, does it end speculation about the Ford Ranger and Super Champ finally though?

It occurs to me some might not know about the hoax, the thread is closed now, but it gets discussed regularly here. You can tell from the tenor of the thread that it wasn't an early re issue tip, but a joke/hoax which went a little wrong, although it was a fun idea :lol:

The famous Scorcher hoax

Paul.

I heard about the release a few weeks ago from a trusted supplier contact who I have no reason to doubt. I sat on the info for quite a while but then saw others posting similar technical details in other forums (rctalk I think was one) so thought it was beginning to become public knowledge, so I made the post.

That said Tamiya have not called me direct to confirm it, so until they are in the shops, these details, I guess, are still officially classed as 'rumour'

Chris

I hope you are right, Chris :lol: I haven't heard anything, but things get past everybody, it isn't an exact science!

If it happens, we can run these buggies with impunity and the little front shock arms can break as often as they like!

Paul.