netsmithUK

Holiday Buggy Rerelease In July

I've also heard this now from a contact 'down east'

Better stop using me mug and get in on ebay :lol:

post-1185-1276502410_thumb.jpg

How is this possible, I mean, Tamiya only reissue'coffee lid' cars, not coffee cup cars!

:lol:

Paul.

I see the usual panic selling has set in on ebay, shed loads of stuff on ebay now for holiday buggy and sand rover lol

I think I better sell my NIB Sand Rover too, and all me spare parts!!

don,t want to lose out!!!! LMAO

T

I think I better sell my NIB Sand Rover too, and all me spare parts!!

don,t want to lose out!!!! LMAO

T

Cue the dreaded (albeit monthly now) reseller/profiteering debate :lol:

I think I got a SR box wrench somewhere, from a prototype SR used in the 1979 Off Road RC championships - anyone any good at knocking up certificates of authenticity?

If Tamiya's rere schedule goes according to plan, the next one could be the Sand Viper, so sell now!!!

I can't think of the amount of times someone who knows about the possibility of a re issue has bought an original part from me, knwoing that in doing so they are doing exactly that. Buying an original. Shortly after the official announcement of the Buggy Champ, a well known member here bought from me a Rough Rider roof, which I had had listed at $85, which was about market price at the time, due to the lack of new spares. I asked him if he knew about the re issue. He said and I quote:

"yeah, but I want an original and if I wait any longer, I will probably end up buying something from a muppet who doesn't know whether it is original or not after the re issue has been released onto the market."

Brings up a good point. If you want originals for your buggy, now is the time to buy, as perhaps afterwards you can't be sure what you will get. There must be hundreds of disappointed Ford Ranger owners who bought rear bumpers from the re issue, only to find they don't fit, or those who waited for ball races, only to find they don't fit....

Things aren't always at first how they seem :lol:

Paul.

My post about the panic selling was not aimed at you paul, although you seem to have taken it as that?, i was just saying its amazing how much stuff has "Suddenly" appeared on ebay in the last 3-4 days since this thread was started, looks like someone out there is going to get some nice bargains, snaffling up all the originals due to the "possibility" of a re-re, does not make sense to me, an original is after all "Original" and is always going to be valued higher than re-re so why bother selling?.

As for profiteering/re sellers thread, i said it before and i say it again, im not one of the re-re-sellers, we dont buy re-re from jap or HK sellers and sell on 100% mark up, we sell "Vintage" parts and thats pretty much all i can say, we do know who does the re-re selling and if you feel strongly about it, dont buy them, get them from source, otherwise if folks are too stupid to look at all options BEFORE buying then they can only blame themselves for funding the re-re sellers LMAO and i dont like this practice either but if people buy they are not FORCED to are they? LOL.

Cheers

Hi Myles :lol:

Since 50% of the listings are mine and were listed yesterday before your post, I did assume you meant me, yes! There isn't any more Holiday Buggy / Sand Rover stuff on than normal, in fact, if anything I am surprised there isn't more. These items have been sitting around since early this year, last year from when I parted out a Sand Rover for some mates who wanted various parts. Now is a good chance to buy original parts, as I have stated, before re issue parts flood the market and small, but in some cases distinct differences make them incompatible (as with both SRB re issues)

There isn't anything 'stupid' about buying from one of the resellers, as they have become known. There are people who want the goods straight away from someone in their backyard, I can vouch for example that both of the Tony's ship the very same or latest next day, which many of the vintage sellers (myself included) don't. Time can be more important than money, plus there are many people I know that won't buy from certain vintage sellers, because they are either banned from them, or don't like their style, or packing techniques etc. I myself have bought from every seller out there, including yourself and often it comes down to who has it at that particular moment and can ship it to you quickly and you trust. Sometimes that means paying a little, or even a lot more. Really, in this world of impersonal ecommerce, price seems to be for many the deciding factor, but it isn't the only factor and certainly I like to buy from those I know and trust.

All the best ;)

Paul.

If indeed it happens, as I have heard nothing about a re issue myself. Not a sausage - it would be oh so easy to admit that this was the startling news I had heard, but it just isn't.

So are you 100% confident that the "startling" re-release will actually happen? Or is that just a rumour too?

Hi Paul, thats fair enough then, did not wish you thinking i was having a pop at yourself (which as stated i was not) although i do think there seems to be more HB/SR parts than usual but then again i dont check every week, i just noticed it this week compared to the last few times i checked.

Regards buyers buying from re-sellers, if they want quick service yes i can understand buying from UK if thats what it is. As for buyers preferring certain sellers, thats just down to loyalty (like myself always buying petrol from shell, i dont know why but i always do, nothing to do with price, just preference, maybe i like their logo better?), I know the 2 tony's ship same day (especcially Gazza) and he is well known for his quick shipping being so close to a post office lol (just across the road i believe), have no problem with tony used to talk to him regularly years ago, but no longer talk to him as i suspect we are both too busy for the hour long chats we used to have and i suspect as we are both in competition with each other, being respectively the Largest Tamiya parts seller in europe (Tony) and being the largest Vintage Tamiya (and Vintage Kyosho) parts suppliers in Europe (me) :P

Unfortunatley for us our post office needs to have the items by 3pm latest to ensure they all get labelled and bagged before last collection at 5.15pm, its not that they are lazy its just that if we take them 100+ packages per day it takes them a couple of hours to process them lol, what this means is we print paypals at 12pm and all those go that day, after 12pm and they go the next day (still good service i consider) as this gives us 3 hours to pick and pack all the items before going to post office.

I am aware of the SRB issue on rear cages for ranger as i have a ranger myself and discovered this quite quickly when i tried to fit it, so i just took an original from stock and used that instead and binned the re-re which cost me about £4 from a japanese seller (not the arrogant one who allegedly has a ferrari! as guess what?, I like many other TC members are blocked from buying after i asked where my 2 kits i bought were as it was now 4 weeks and they had not arrived, they actually took 7 weeks to arrive!!!! (I never even left him neg fb as i forgot to lol) and all i got was BLOCKED what a Tool!, I was not however aware of the ballrace issue?, good for those that have NIP original sets i suppose Paul B)

Cheers

Myles

One thing i don't understand in this discussion is the point why people should paniking in selling their NIB Holiday/Sand Rovers only because their's this rumour of a rere?

If i would have an original Holiday NIB(which i haven't) and would hear of a rere in a TT01-box i wouldn't sell it at all as it would be the best reason to keep it!

A holiday in a TT01-box?? Iiiehh!!!

but that's only me

+1 on that but as you know certain folks are not collectors, only they are "Speculators" and they think its going to de-value their original, we all have our vices i suppose.

Cheers

One thing i don't understand in this discussion is the point why people should paniking in selling their NIB Holiday/Sand Rovers only because their's this rumour of a rere?

If i would have an original Holiday NIB(which i haven't) and would hear of a rere in a TT01-box i wouldn't sell it at all as it would be the best reason to keep it!

A holiday in a TT01-box?? Iiiehh!!!

but that's only me

I don't think any 'real' collectors are panicking, the originals will always be originals - the only offload that might occur is 'professional' sellers offloading parts that may not be required by the casual restorer.

The parts market is probably the more lucrative (compared to NIB kits) so having hundreds of original parts left over when the re-re parts hit the streets isn't the best idea.

Obviously, 'new built from original parts' restorers may benefit a little from the possible flood and reduced prices, but it'd be in the 'pro' seller's interests to get rid of as much stock as possible now, whilst the prices are still high, at a slightly reduced rate, than have to slash their prices to compete with LHS prices in a few months time.

Remember, not everyone on ebay reads these forums so, for long after the buzz here has died down, plenty of people still think the parts are 'rare'

Indeed, looking at eBay now, there's only 40-odd 'Tamiya Holiday Buggy' results, so no big panic yet B)

Maybe the professional sellers out there will sell their HB parts or maybe they wont as they are still original parts or maybe they actually sold them all already knwoing previosuly that this was coming, ooh its all speculation.

What i can say is that I wont be selling my HB parts any time soon as I dont have any left lol, already offloaded all them over a year ago B)

Cheers

Loaded, I've got to say I saw all your eBay listings & did think there was a slight whiff of "getting while the gettings good" :P

You make a good point about people wanting guaranteed original parts though - so good luck to you B)

I see the usual panic selling has set in on ebay, shed loads of stuff on ebay now for holiday buggy and sand rover lol

Too right! All my HB stuff has now gone except for my 540 motor mount collection which I was saving for 'a rainy day' - but now they're worthless too lol B):P

It has nothing to do with money before or after the possible reissue for me. Frankly certain items are worth considerably more after the Scorcher re issue, like for example the correct colour chassis plate new, the correct Rough Rider front tyres, the correct brass UVs, the correct Scorcher main body, the list is frankly endless, as the re issue SRBs share few absolutely identical parts.

As previously stated, all this thread reminded me to do was to sell some stuff cluttering up my garage, if I was really panicking, I would like the £10,000 value worth of Sand Rover and Holiday Buggy kits I have stashed in my hobby room lol!

Don't state anything as worthless.

For the record, not one of my sources in Far East (Japan or Hong Kong) has not been able to confirm this rumour. I realise this might make me look like a schmuck again if the re issue happens, however, I have no evidence of this re issue other than this thread and another one on RC10 with exactly the same text cut and paste. I am still waiting for a couple of chaps to get back to me outside Japan and Hong Kong, but they haven't yet.

Paul.

Forgot to say, HB has one of my favourite driver heads of all time.

It is a cool head B)

I hope this is true, because actually these do run pretty well because they are light and simple. Perhaps the closed gearbox if they do it will have a differential option. But this is pure speculation!

Paul.

PS : Note to my previous posting, many parts from the Holiday Buggy/Sand Rover are actually now quite desirable as a result of the re issue of the SRBs, for example, if you want an original Super Champ, a black bumper is no longer so coveted, so a Holiday Buggy bumper is needed, same with the brass UVs, rear axles and other parts. If you really are interested in originality, as I am, these parts are more and more useful, as Tamiya have significantly 'updated' them!

Don't forget that Psychoatom announced it on the other thread too, via a source of his own in the far east. If it is a hoax it's a very elaborate one.

Don't state anything as worthless.
...not after seeing your motor mount on eBay I won't - I was going to ask a fiver each for mine!! B):P

...not after seeing your motor mount on eBay I won't - I was going to ask a fiver each for mine!! :P:)

you have PM B)

you have PM B)

No point lol - they get sent to my old email address (given up trying to get it fixed) so contact me through my showroom I seem to get those :P

No point lol - they get sent to my old email address (given up trying to get it fixed) so contact me through my showroom I seem to get those B)

As an aside, my HB had a black bumper, also it had different tie rods at the front (they were just straight) did they change these later?

Cheers